X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop Killer Sentenced

Watch the video

http://whotv.com/2014/09/26/trott-se...r-killing-cop/

CALHOUN COUNTY, Iowa — Earlier this month, it took a jury just 90 minutes to find Corey Trott guilty of first degree murder. Today in a Calhoun County courtroom, he was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Trott shot Rockwell City Police Officer Jamie Buenting during a stand-off situation last year as Buenting was attempting to arrest him on a seperate assault charge.

During a week-long trial earlier this month, family members sat behind Corey Trott as a jury returned the verdict. This time, in a court room just blocks away from where Trott fired the fatal shot into the neck of Officer Jamie Buenting, family members got to face his killer eye to eye.

“Did anyone mention to you that you shot the wrong person? If you are at all familiar with cell phone lingo, you should have taken a selfie,” said Janet Sterrett, the mother of Officer Buenting.

Trott showed no emotion, as one by one, Buenting’s parents, sister, and wife poured their hearts out.

“When I went to tell my daughter the same, with a tear streaked face, she said mommy, aren’t the good guys supposed to win? I had to tell her no baby, not always,” said Officer Buenting’s wife, Amanda.

Trott declined to respond. With few dry eyes left in the courtroom, Judge Thomas Bice did his part to give the Buenting family and the community Buenting served some closure

“The defendant is committed to the custody of the director of the Iowa Department of Corrections for the rest of his life without parole,” said Judge Bice.

An attorney for Trott said he plans to appeal the conviction after his request for a new trial was denied.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Pity that the killer will live out his days at taxpayer expense while a young family will live theirs without their hero.
    In God We Trust
    Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
      Pity that the killer will live out his days at taxpayer expense while a young family will live theirs without their hero.
      I'm absolutely a supporter of capital punishment ... but there are special cases where I like seeing someone spend years and years and years in a cage, never drawing a free breath, and knowing he has zero hope of leaving except in a bag. This cold-blooded piece of flotsam and jetsam fits that bill.

Comment

I absolutely LOVED when Jamie's mother nailed him to the wall during the victim impact statement

“Did anyone mention to you that you shot the wrong person? If you are at all familiar with cell phone lingo, you should have taken a selfie,” said Janet Sterrett, the mother of Officer Buenting.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'd prefer firing squad, but that's just me. That way, he can feel his urine run down this leg while he quivers in fear before the shots.
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3179 users online. 158 members and 3021 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X