300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally seeing the liberal hypocrisy.

So I was reading that stupid liberal rag, Huffington Post, about the missing UVA student, a white female, and where the suspect is a black male. Before the ink dried on the damn article, people are commenting how the "brother" is being set up. The comments aren't mainly coming from black people but actually from white liberals.

So, I got to thinking. The common narrative is that conservatives hate minorities and love guns( I don't believe this) and that liberals love minorities and hate guns( I believe the part about hating guns). Yet, a case is pending in NJ now where an African American female who was robbed twice brought her legally registered PA handgun to NJ and was charged with a crime. She is the mother of two small children and was facing five years in jail. Guess what? Not a word from anyone on the left and the story was not even covered by MSNBC. But why? I thought liberals loved minority causes. Oh wait, you mean they'd have to take a different position on guns to do so?

Here is where the hypocrisy comes in. Months ago an African American female left her kids in a car to go to a job interview and was appropriately charged with child endangerment. Liberals were outraged saying that she was a single mom and had nobody to watch her kids. Yeah, and what she did was far worse than what the female carrying an unregistered handgun did. Anyone disagree?

Now, the good news is that the female with the gun may avoid jail time thanks to folks speaking out on her behalf and putting billboards up everywhere. And guess who did this. A second amendment group, made up of mostly conservative white males.

For more hypocrisy, liberal rags were outraged at the Ray Rice situation and how the NFL went easy on him. But where were these champions for DV victims when OJ was charged with killing Nicole? Weren't they the ones dancing in the streets when he was acquitted? But why? Rice and OJ are/were both black football players.

Oh wait, I think I get it.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

That poor woman was too law abiding for her own good. She must have thought that she was still in America, where there is a Bill of Rights that very clearly covers this subject.

I don't understand why LE in NY\NJ\CA\IL\MA doesn't do more to oppose these laws and educate the public.
    Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 09-24-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Please use the word LEFTIST instead of liberal. Calling them liberal is just too nice. :-)

They on the far left don't really love or hate minorities -- but want to do everything possible to keep them on the government plantation. They only wish to use them as pawns for their own sinister agenda. For an example of this, look at what they'll say or write about minorities who stray from the statist reservation -- including Herman Cain, Condoleeza Rice or Clarence Thomas. In the mind of a committed leftist, those folks are not 'real' minorities.

Leftists don't hate guns at all. They just hate YOU and ME owning them as private citizens - as we are not part of the government or their private ARMED security forces (which are often provided to them at taxpayer expense). Truth is, they LOVE guns - so long as they have a monopoly of force behind them.

We on the 'right', conservatives, libertarians or whatever........see people as INDIVIDUALS instead of merely as members of groups. This was evidenced recently with the "coming out" of Mr. Chen ( a championship shooter ) as gay. Everyone expected the pro-2nd Amendment folks to turn our backs on him. In truth, nobody really cared. To those of us in the pro-gun community, what he does at night is his own darn business. We who are accused of being 'intolerant' are generally far more tolerant than the "liberals" who claim to have a monopoly on that trait.

Okay - rant over!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

I have always found it interesting how rich liberals like Michael Moore claim how racist conservatives are for staying in affluent, mostly Caucasian demographic areas, when these same liberals also live in white, affluent areas.

The list of examples of liberal hypocrisy are endless. From Rosie O'donnel hiring armed body guards after declaring all gun owners should go to prison, to Sen. Leland Yee attempting to illegally traffic weapons into the country after trying continually to disarm all Californians in the interest of "public safety".

I often wonder if liberals could actually believe they are not hypocritical.

Comment

You will run yourself crazy trying to understand liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeythebear06 View Post
            I have always found it interesting how rich liberals like Michael Moore claim how racist conservatives are for staying in affluent, mostly Caucasian demographic areas, when these same liberals also live in white, affluent areas.

The list of examples of liberal hypocrisy are endless. From Rosie O'donnel hiring armed body guards after declaring all gun owners should go to prison, to Sen. Leland Yee attempting to illegally traffic weapons into the country after trying continually to disarm all Californians in the interest of "public safety".

I often wonder if liberals could actually believe they are not hypocritical.
            Yup. I am what you consider a Blue Collar Democrat. My family comes from Brooklyn by way of Ireland and all the men but me are NYC crane operators. I guess you can say we're the JFK Democrats.

Anyway, a few years ago a buddy of mine who moved out to TX a while back said to me " these aren't your mom and pop's Democrats". And he was totally right. The party, particularly the current administration, has gone so far to the left it's pathetic. Everyone is a victim and everyone deserves to make $15.00 because, well, just because.

It's sickening when you read the Huffington Post and people on there are so anti gun, anti money and anti police. There was a non political article on there about Disney and folks found a way to bash them as en evil corporation. Disney, for crying out loud.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

It boggles my mind to hear the rhetoric from the leftists like Moore and O'Donnell. I wonder if they actually believe the crap they're espousing, or if it's just a ploy to get their pathetic little lives noticed and their faces in front of the cameras?

When are the leftists going to get off the "media train" and start doing something positive? The "silent majority" doesn't appear to exist anymore. Instead, it's being replaced by a "vocal minority"...a group of pot-stirrers if you will, their main agenda centering around self-gratification.

I don't know what the answer is, but I do know I am growing weary of a constant bombardment of police bashing, gun control and racism from a self-serving few. Our nation is suffering greatly because of it, and it needs to stop! It's time for a positive change, but I'm concerned apathy will keep us from effecting that change.

It reminds me of the question...What is the difference between a Liberal and a Conservative?
              Answer: A Liberal has never been the victim of a violent crime!

Stay Safe!

Ski

Comment

Anyway, a few years ago a buddy of mine who moved out to TX a while back said to me " these aren't your mom and pop's Democrats". And he was totally right. The party, particularly the current administration, has gone so far to the left it's pathetic. Everyone is a victim and everyone deserves to make $15.00 because, well, just because.
                How do you explain all the data that shows that todays Democrats have stayed pretty steady, or even shifted a little to the right, as opposed to Republican's much more dramatic shift to the extreme right?

Here's a fancy graph of House polarization showing what I mean:

http://voteview.com/images/polar_house_dispersion.png

You can see that moderate Democrats have shifted slightly left, but that the extreme left has been very steady for years. Meanwhile both the moderate and extreme right have dramatically moved away from center over the past few years.

Here's more about what how they calculated that chart: http://voteview.com/political_polarization.asp

And an excellent article about the phenomenon: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...washingtonpost

It's sickening when you read the Huffington Post and people on there are so anti gun, anti money and anti police.
                It's always the vocal minority that gets the most attention. I consider myself a liberal, and I'm pro-gun, pro-prosperity, and pro-police. I just don't illusion myself that any of those are absolute, and I believe it's possible to have a rational conversation about the appropriate limits to each of those and where they start to cause harm.

The party, particularly the current administration, has gone so far to the left it's pathetic.
                Why has everything the president has done over the course of his entire term in office been basically straight out of the center right playbook then? His healthcare plan was basically written by Speaker Gingrich in the Clinton era.(see here.), and was actually given a trial run by Governor Romney. He has dramatically increased border security, to levels unprecedented in modern history. (see here) He's even reduced the deficit quite dramatically, reducing from a high that was in part from his own economic recovery programs, but also due in large part to Bush's huge expansion of military budgets while simultaneously dramatically cutting taxes. (see here.) He's even continued the foreign policy of his Republican predecessor for the most part, examples being the various NSA programs we've heard a lot about, the huge number of drone strikes in other countries, often even ostensible allies like Pakistan, and the current bombing campaign in Iraq and Syria that was justified under a Bush authorization of military force.

I'll admit, he's said some stupid things about "assault weapons", and has made some noises about doing pointless things that wouldn't actually reduce gun violence, but would make some people feel better for inexplicable reasons. But you'll notice that he's not actually been able to implement any of that. The public support is just not there.

In the end though, Obama is thoroughly centrist by any reasonable standard.

Comment

Originally posted by jediphobic View Post
                  How do you explain all the data that shows that todays Democrats have stayed pretty steady, or even shifted a little to the right, as opposed to Republican's much more dramatic shift to the extreme right?

You can see that moderate Democrats have shifted slightly left, but that the extreme left has been very steady for years. Meanwhile both the moderate and extreme right have dramatically moved away from center over the past few years.

Here's more about what how they calculated that chart: http://voteview.com/political_polarization.asp

And an excellent article about the phenomenon: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...washingtonpost

It's always the vocal minority that gets the most attention. I consider myself a liberal, and I'm pro-gun, pro-prosperity, and pro-police. I just don't illusion myself that any of those are absolute, and I believe it's possible to have a rational conversation about the appropriate limits to each of those and where they start to cause harm.

Why has everything the president has done over the course of his entire term in office been basically straight out of the center right playbook then? His healthcare plan was basically written by Speaker Gingrich in the Clinton era.(see here.), and was actually given a trial run by Governor Romney. He has dramatically increased border security, to levels unprecedented in modern history. (see here) He's even reduced the deficit quite dramatically, reducing from a high that was in part from his own economic recovery programs, but also due in large part to Bush's huge expansion of military budgets while simultaneously dramatically cutting taxes. (see here.) He's even continued the foreign policy of his Republican predecessor for the most part, examples being the various NSA programs we've heard a lot about, the huge number of drone strikes in other countries, often even ostensible allies like Pakistan, and the current bombing campaign in Iraq and Syria that was justified under a Bush authorization of military force.

I'll admit, he's said some stupid things about "assault weapons", and has made some noises about doing pointless things that wouldn't actually reduce gun violence, but would make some people feel better for inexplicable reasons. But you'll notice that he's not actually been able to implement any of that. The public support is just not there.

You can make statistics say whatever you want them too. However, I work the border. Deportations are not up. Those numbers you are using include refusals at the ports of entry. Those are not "deportations". The policies that have been enacted have not increased enforcement at all.

FB

Comment

This topic reminds me of a joke I liked. If you've seen it, well here it is again.

I recently asked my neighbors’ little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President someday. Both of her parents, are liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, ‘If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?’
                    She replied, ‘I’d give food and houses to all the homeless people.’
                    Her parents beamed with pride.
                    ’Wow…what a worthy goal.’ I told her, ‘But you don’t have to wait until you’re President to do that! You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and rake my yard, and I’ll pay you $50. Then I’ll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house.‘
                    She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, “Why doesn’t the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?”
                    I said, ‘Welcome to the Republican Party.’ Her parents still aren’t speaking to me.

Comment

In the end though, Obama is thoroughly centrist by any reasonable standard. jediphobic
                      I had to stop laughing to type this. You can spray paint a skunk's strip, but he is still going to be a skunk. Jediphobic, me thinks you are a leftist of the first order. As has been stated here, you can make polls and studies say what you want them to say. If anything, from what I have seen, the Republicans have gone more liberal. They may be right of center, but not as radical right as the left is.

Just because a couple of Republicans do something that is seen as liberal does not make the whole party liberal. Romney was Governor in a very liberal state. He did what his constituents wanted, Obama Care Lite. Bush signed on to No Child Left Behind, a Teddy "My scotch has too much ice and not enough scotch" Kennedy sponsored bill. I along with I believe most Republicans believe it was terrible policy. Instead of leaving the children behind that SHOULD BE left behind they make all children learn at the same rate as the slowest. Just because Bush is a Republican doesn't mean I support everything he has done. If anything, the Washington Republicans have become to squishy because they feel they need to in order to compete with the libs out there that promise the world and deliver the road apples left by the horse.

PS jediphobic (Or should I call you Michael B), go back to the Huff post. You are transparent.
                      Last edited by IAM Rand; 09-25-2014, 11:26 AM.
                      Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Is this you Mike

http://www.youtube.com/user/jediphobic

If so, I see where you are coming from and where you need to go.
                        Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

I was drinking coffee as I read this. You owe me a new keyboard.

Comment

While I agree that the woman from PA is being dealt with way too harshly, but pretty much everybody knows that it's next to impossible to get a carry permit in NJ and know that you can't carry over here. She was honest, but wrong. In most states with CCW, she would have got a short form for carrying a concealed weapon without a proper permit.
                            Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

You found a chart you like. Ain't that sweet. It seems to be missing a few details, like the issues, for example. We've got gay marriage, legalized pot, illegals aliens flooding in, minorities constantly told conservatives hate them, class warfare, the war on women, the IRS targeting conservative groups, attacks on non union right to work states, union money buying elections and nothing but outcries from the left about corporate contributions, employers forced to pay for birth control, ObamaCare, EPA out of control regulations, federal out of control spending, etc etc.

What effing planet are you from?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3102 users online. 138 members and 2964 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X