300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF vs DEA

If you had the choice, which would you work for and why?

Also, would you turn one down to finish processing with another?

Forget both of them. TSA is the way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by maximus52 View Post

Also, would you turn one down to finish processing with another?
      ATF

My primary goal would be improving the NFA stamp approval process turnaround time (by about 98%). Also, I'd get E-file back up for form 3 and 4 transfers within a week. The fact that it has been down so long wreaks of bureaucratic obstruction. I'm not sure what caliber of web developers they hire, but I could have it back up and easily handling massive batched transactions within a week on a very limited budget with no more than 4 contractors.

Regretfully, you'd have to work there for decades and suck up to the right folks before acquiring enough oversight to actually enact these changes.
      Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 09-18-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Neither

Never wanted to work Federal
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Ummm...I'm talking bout an 1811 job.......

Comment

Depends on what YOU want. Both have their own pros and cons.
            Originally posted by RSGSRT
            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I'd rather work for Monty...
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                I'd rather work for Monty...
                I wouldn't go that far------------------------

Back in the day I WOULD have (and almost did) gone with the USMS---but that was back when it was small and MUCH easier to get into
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Neither should exist. Only thing worse is the TSA.

I'd collect unemployment first.
                  "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                    I wouldn't go that far------------------------

Back in the day I WOULD have (and almost did) gone with the USMS---but that was back when it was small and MUCH easier to get into
                    That's right folks, it was a lot easier back than when Iowa was actually the first of the original 13th Marshal appointed by some dude name George Washington on September 24, 1789

Comment

Wow, Iowa! I didn't know you turned down the USMS back when they were founded.... Can you imagine that pension!?!?
                      semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
                        Wow, Iowa! I didn't know you turned down the USMS back when they were founded.... Can you imagine that pension!?!?
                        Sorry folks -------------I didn't turn down an offer.

I worked part time for the Marshal's back in the late 1970's doing transport and court room work. I was asked if I was interested in joining the service.

Back then you needed a "sponsor" (or in other words a US Marshal) to put your name forward and then you had a panel consisting of your sponsor & 2 other Marshal's. If you made it through that ---your name was sent to Washington for consideration.

I decided I wasn't interested in leaving Iowa and passed.

One of my co-workers took the offer and retired a few years ago as a Chief Deputy USM

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          Sorry folks -------------I didn't turn down an offer.

I worked part time for the Marshal's back in the late 1970's doing transport and court room work. I was asked if I was interested in joining the service.

Back then you needed a "sponsor" (or in other words a US Marshal) to put your name forward and then you had a panel consisting of your sponsor & 2 other Marshal's. If you made it through that ---your name was sent to Washington for consideration.

I decided I wasn't interested in leaving Iowa and passed.

One of my co-workers took the offer and retired a few years ago as a Chief Deputy USM
                          Iowa, Did you have motorized vehicles back then to transport?
                          Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
                            Iowa, Did you have motorized vehicles back then to transport?
                            If you call a AMC Ambassador a motorized vehicle. (That is what the Fed was driving back then)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6446 users online. 350 members and 6096 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X