• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve856
    Got him. Congrats to all.
    Glad it's over. It appears taken alive, so perfectly good air will continue to be consumed by him. At least no one else harmed while he played Rambo and wasted resources, time of people, and $$$.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    Darn the "evil" "militarization" of police. Why would we ever need those types of rifles, armored vehicles, or camoflauge clothing?

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    Originally posted by btfp View Post
    This IS a game for him. He is leaving diapers behind. He left a gun behind. He WANTS to draw people out. I'll bet he planned this years in advance and he has fortified himself in a bunker that is well hidden.

It would not surprise me to find out he has stockpiled food/water, clothes for the duration. I would LOVE to read that he was mauled by a bear or a pack of wolves.
    I hope he has something else done to him by a bear.

Leave a comment:

• Ink Stained Wretch
    replied
    OK, if we're wanting to treat fictional characters and scenarios as if they are real …

1. John Rambo was a Medal of Honor winner who served his country admirably. This POS is a dweeb with pretensions of being a Serbian soldier.
    2. John Rambo was highly trained in the blackest kind of Black Ops. This POS may be a good shot and he may know the woods he's in and he may be a "survivalist," but he's still a freaking amateur.
    3. John Rambo only went off when he was mistreated by a bad cop — a very caricatured one, mind you (BTW, is anyone aware that the actor who played the evil deputy in "First Blood" is the same guy who, with a lot of old-age makeup, played Gabby Johnson in "Blazing Saddles?") — and the only reason that cop got killed was that Rambo threw a rock and hit a helicopter and the cop fell out when he was trying to shoot Rambo against his supervisor's orders. This POS ambushed and shot two people in cold blood, simply because he has a mad on for cops.

Stepping back into reality … there is no standing down in a situation like this, until he's carried out in handcuffs or a bag. Period. End of discussion now and forevermore.

If Mr. Frein is indeed a sharpshooter, I really feel bad for the people searching for him. Theoretically, he could pick officers off at his leisure at, say, 500 - 1000 meters. Some recent reports indicate that some searchers believe that “this is game for him”. It seems that he may be baiting the searchers. http://www.local10.com/news/police-b...otted/28232094

I hope that he is not that good as a marksmen or a survivalist.

But if he were to be as good as Rambo ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U27Sd58MMEI ) it may cost a dozen lives before he is captured or killed.

My question is: at what point would the police state: "Eh, we've already lost 10/20/50 men to this sniper/survivalist; we don't want to get more men killed; let's pack up, go home, and just pick him up in 3 months working in a car wash, as Colonel Samuel Trautman suggested."? Or is pulling back simply not an option?

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by NextGenOfc View Post
    I'm hoping to hear another police chief speak these words at the end of it all: "We would have shot him more, but that's all the bullets we had".
    See the OP....

Leave a comment:

• NextGenOfc
    replied
    I'm hoping to hear another police chief speak these words at the end of it all: "We would have shot him more, but that's all the bullets we had".

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    The LE snipers that ARE out there are every bit as good as anything the military could "drop in" And they are actually LEGAL to use.
    And of course many LE snipers are ex or current mil and I'll bet $$$ the FBI has some SRT/HRT guys in the mix who will drop him.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
    I say get the military to drop a couple of their snipers in the woods and wait for the pickup. .
    The LE snipers that ARE out there are every bit as good as anything the military could "drop in" And they are actually LEGAL to use.

Leave a comment:

• btfp
    replied
    This IS a game for him. He is leaving diapers behind. He left a gun behind. He WANTS to draw people out. I'll bet he planned this years in advance and he has fortified himself in a bunker that is well hidden.

It would not surprise me to find out he has stockpiled food/water, clothes for the duration. I would LOVE to read that he was mauled by a bear or a pack of wolves.

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    replied
    I say get the military to drop a couple of their snipers in the woods and wait for the pickup. I am sure there are civilians out there that would say he is getting tried and convicted without a jury, but if it saves the lives of the police then I am good with it.

Leave a comment:

• WillBrink
    replied
    If Mr. Frein is indeed a sharpshooter, I really feel bad for the people searching for him. Theoretically, he could pick officers off at his leisure at, say, 500 - 1000 meters. Some recent reports indicate that some searchers believe that “this is game for him”. It seems that he may be baiting the searchers. http://www.local10.com/news/police-b...otted/28232094

I hope that he is not that good as a marksmen or a survivalist.

But if he were to be as good as Rambo ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U27Sd58MMEI ) it may cost a dozen lives before he is captured or killed.

My question is: at what point would the police state: "Eh, we've already lost 10/20/50 men to this sniper/survivalist; we don't want to get more men killed; let's pack up, go home, and just pick him up in 3 months working in a car wash, as Colonel Samuel Trautman suggested."? Or is pulling back simply not an option?
    First, stop watching Rambo movies for ideas to options LE may consider. It's not an option. There's people in those woods a whole lot better train than he is using tech he does not have risking their lives to take him down.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Sorry , this isn't the movies.............this is real life

Do you remember by chance the DC Snipers.?.....................there was no "pulling back" until they were in custody

Leave a comment:

• Tom S
    replied
    Rambo is Hollywood BS and pulling back is NOT an option. At no point will anyone give up and "pick him up at a car wash."

This survivalist stuff is just masturbatory fantasy.

Leave a comment:

• Lady Blue
    replied
    The bureau has added this POS to its most wanted list. Survivalist or not, sharpshooter or not, this ****er is going to be properly ventilated at a yet to be determined date. You can run but eventually the pressure of relentlessly being hunted by a group of sheepdogs who lost one of their own will wear anyone down.

Leave a comment:

• Keaner1476
    replied
    Obama would still try to press charges on the cop who shoots him.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5587 users online. 334 members and 5253 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X