300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive manhunt for PA shooter

This is pretty close to worst case scenario for LE I'd expect. I hope they employ all tech they have to find and neutralize this POS. I hope no one, LEO and non, are harmed by this animal. Now, I'm sure those who have watched too much TV will ask why they didn't "shoot the gun from his hand", etc if he ends up with a serious case I lead poisoning. In the immortal words of Sheriff Grady Judd, after a similar event:

When asked why he and fellow SWAT members shot cop killer Angilo Freeland 68 times after finding him hiding in the woods, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd responded, “That’s all the bullets we had, or we would have shot him more”

Manhunt for Accused Pennsylvania Cop Shooter Eric Frein Closes Schools

Schools in one northeastern Pennsylvania district are closed this morning as authorities search for a sharpshooting survivalist suspected in a deadly ambush against state police troopers.

Eric Matthew Frein, 31, is accused of firing at police during a shift change at the Blooming Grove barracks in Pike County Sept. 12.

Pennsylvania Cop Shooter Hit Two Troopers and Missed One in 90 Seconds

Suspect in Pennsylvania Cop Shooting Is a Sharpshooting Survivalist

Corporal Bryon Dickson, 38, died in the attack, while Trooper Alex Douglass, 31, is recovering following surgery.

Due to the manhunt, the Pocono Mountain School District – which consists of 10 schools – are closed today because of safety concerns for students and staff.

Authorities received a break in the case Monday, when a man walking his dog in a wooded area noticed a green Jeep partially submerged in a pond and alerted police. Police searched the vehicle and found two spent .308 cartridges, camouflage face paint, a black hooded sweatshirt, two empty rifle cases, and information concerning foreign embassies.

The vehicle was registered to E. Michael Frein, the suspect's father, who is a retired Army major. The father told police that he trained his son to shoot and added that his son "doesn't miss."

He also told police that he was missing two weapons, a .308 rifle with a scope and an AK-47.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/manhunt-acc...ry?id=25561448
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

I hope he suffers before he dies.
    Originally posted by RSGSRT
    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

This is eerily similar to Bucky Phillips.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
        I hope he suffers before he dies.
        I'd expect no quarter given when found.
        - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Obama would still try to press charges on the cop who shoots him.

Comment

The bureau has added this POS to its most wanted list. Survivalist or not, sharpshooter or not, this ****er is going to be properly ventilated at a yet to be determined date. You can run but eventually the pressure of relentlessly being hunted by a group of sheepdogs who lost one of their own will wear anyone down.
            In God We Trust
            Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Rambo is Hollywood BS and pulling back is NOT an option. At no point will anyone give up and "pick him up at a car wash."

This survivalist stuff is just masturbatory fantasy.
              When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
                My question is: at what point would the police state: "Eh, we've already lost 10/20/50 men to this sniper/survivalist; we don't want to get more men killed; let's pack up, go home, and just pick him up in 3 months working in a car wash, as Colonel Samuel Trautman suggested."? Or is pulling back simply not an option?
                Sorry , this isn't the movies.............this is real life

Do you remember by chance the DC Snipers.?.....................there was no "pulling back" until they were in custody
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
                  If Mr. Frein is indeed a sharpshooter, I really feel bad for the people searching for him. Theoretically, he could pick officers off at his leisure at, say, 500 - 1000 meters. Some recent reports indicate that some searchers believe that “this is game for him”. It seems that he may be baiting the searchers. http://www.local10.com/news/police-b...otted/28232094

I hope that he is not that good as a marksmen or a survivalist.

But if he were to be as good as Rambo ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U27Sd58MMEI ) it may cost a dozen lives before he is captured or killed.

My question is: at what point would the police state: "Eh, we've already lost 10/20/50 men to this sniper/survivalist; we don't want to get more men killed; let's pack up, go home, and just pick him up in 3 months working in a car wash, as Colonel Samuel Trautman suggested."? Or is pulling back simply not an option?
                  First, stop watching Rambo movies for ideas to options LE may consider. It's not an option. There's people in those woods a whole lot better train than he is using tech he does not have risking their lives to take him down.
                  - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

I say get the military to drop a couple of their snipers in the woods and wait for the pickup. I am sure there are civilians out there that would say he is getting tried and convicted without a jury, but if it saves the lives of the police then I am good with it.
                    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

This IS a game for him. He is leaving diapers behind. He left a gun behind. He WANTS to draw people out. I'll bet he planned this years in advance and he has fortified himself in a bunker that is well hidden.

It would not surprise me to find out he has stockpiled food/water, clothes for the duration. I would LOVE to read that he was mauled by a bear or a pack of wolves.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
                        I say get the military to drop a couple of their snipers in the woods and wait for the pickup. .
                        The LE snipers that ARE out there are every bit as good as anything the military could "drop in" And they are actually LEGAL to use.
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          The LE snipers that ARE out there are every bit as good as anything the military could "drop in" And they are actually LEGAL to use.
                          And of course many LE snipers are ex or current mil and I'll bet $$$ the FBI has some SRT/HRT guys in the mix who will drop him.
                          - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

I'm hoping to hear another police chief speak these words at the end of it all: "We would have shot him more, but that's all the bullets we had".

Comment

Originally posted by NextGenOfc View Post
                              I'm hoping to hear another police chief speak these words at the end of it all: "We would have shot him more, but that's all the bullets we had".
                              See the OP....
                              - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2654 users online. 145 members and 2509 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X