Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man calls 911 8x in 2 hours because his landlord did not furnish a refrigerator

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/local/cr...rator-1.373192

Man accused of calling 911 to complain about not having refrigerator

FORT WALTON BEACH - A 60-year-old Fort Walton Beach man is charged with calling 911 eight times in two hours to complain that he had food but no refrigerator.

Fort Walton Beach Police officers were called to the Chestnut Avenue residence on Sept. 5, according to the arrest report. Richard Wild had called 911 because he was “upset because he has food and not fridge.”

He told the county operator that his phone only dialed 911, so he was going to keep calling, the report said. When the officers got to Wild’s apartment, he said he called 911 because he was upset that the property manager for his apartment had not installed a refrigerator in his unit.

He said he was aware it was not an emergency but “defiantly” said he didn’t care, according to the report. He said he would keep calling 911 until he “received satisfaction” with his complaint about the landlord.

He admitted that he knew it was a civil matter and the police couldn’t do anything, the report said. His call log showed that he had called 911 eight separate times between 12:45 p.m. and 2:20 p.m.

He admitted that none of the calls were emergencies, according to the report.

Wild is charged with misuse of 911.

His next scheduled court date is Sept. 23.

He wanted to "recieve satisfaction"? Did he slap the landlord with a glove and challenge them to a duel at dawn?
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

"He said he was aware it was not an emergency but “defiantly” said he didn’t care, according to the report."
      Bet he cares NOW that he was busted and has a court date

Comment

He goes to jail for misuse of 911 and his phone gets taken as evidence.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Gee, I wonder why he's a renter.

Comment

By the time he pays the fines, court costs, and replaces the food that spoiled while he was in jail - he could have just bought a flippin' refrigerator!

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshire ripoff
              Just going out on a limb here but ummm

different landlord or call a tenant union as an alternative maybe?

Jeez...

Nah, that's not the modern American way any more, nowadays you just dial 911 for help because it's toll free, so when McDonalds doesnt get your hamburger right just dial 911! When your refrigerator breaks down, just call 911!

Comment

Someone tell this putz that it was "a car in every driveway", not "a fridge in every kitchen".
                I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

I didn't realize that refrigerators needed furniture!!!!
                  My comments are my personal opinion and are based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice in any form as I am not an attorney. Should you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!

Comment

That's ok, the jail has a fridge. Heck, people will even prepare his food for him.
                    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
                      The problem is that people know 911 and not any non-emergency numbers. I am sure that to Mr. Wild having food and no refrigerator was a traumatic experience, and he simply did not know another way of dealing with it. You may know, and I may know, how to deal with such a situation, but he clearly did not.

I think that establishing another three-digit non-emergency phone line that people would call when they encounter a seemingly serious yet non-emergency situation would be a way of mitigating abusive 911 calls.
                      Nope

People aren't smart enough to remember which 3 digit number to call-----If they remembered ----they would mistake it with 911 when they really needed to call that one
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

OK, you have me there, #1603, some people may not be.

I wonder how effective it is to have a single 3-digit number as in the US, as opposed to three different numbers (one for police, one for ambulance, one for fire) as in some other countries. Heck in some countries there are 6 or more emergency numbers depending on the emergency.
                        Truthfully the 911 system in the United States works quite well the VAST majority of the time.

Also there are enough misuse of the system charges filed (and publicized ) nationwide to get the point across every so often. Yes there are still abuses--------but in the scheme of things the numbers are quite small compared to the volume of calls

It works
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

OK, you have me there, #1603, some people may not be.

I wonder how effective it is to have a single 3-digit number as in the US, as opposed to three different numbers (one for police, one for ambulance, one for fire) as in some other countries. Heck in some countries there are 6 or more emergency numbers depending on the emergency.
                          I'm surprised Holder hasn't come up with a hotline for people to report racism. It'd only be available in the inner cities though of course.

Comment

The problem is that people know 911 and not any non-emergency numbers. I am sure that to Mr. Wild having food and no refrigerator was a traumatic experience, and he simply did not know another way of dealing with it. You may know, and I may know, how to deal with such a situation, but he clearly did not.

I think that establishing another three-digit non-emergency phone line that people would call when they encounter a seemingly serious yet non-emergency situation would be a way of mitigating abusive 911 calls.
                            In some communities 211 is a number that handles social issues and is a great resource for people in need.
                            My comments are my personal opinion and are based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice in any form as I am not an attorney. Should you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!

Comment

311-type numbers are not needed, not at government expense. People can look that stuff up for themselves or a private donor can fund the service.
                              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6154 users online. 328 members and 5826 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X