Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
    He pulled the officers punk card, BAD.
    This is exactly what happened and it is BAD.
    All I watched was the first 1:30 of that video and already determined that I would have the last word and the last action because he would be in jail.
    In a state with some really screwed up laws, I do not have that luxury.
    Granted he would only be in jail a few hours at most, there is no way im going to be disrespected like that. It's not about just me being a policeman, its me as a person, you will not talk to me like this guy did.
    What could you arrest him for under KRS?
    I'm fine with someone running their mouth out of frustration, but only to a point. This guy was flat out disrespectful. He woulda been GONE.
    I get disrespected by mopes occasionally and I maintain my bearing unless it gets physical. I continue writing the most chicken**** tickets I can think of until I run out or he shuts up. My lawyer is free and I get paid overtime to go to court; who is he really hurting in the end?

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856

However, if officers would have the right to arrest people for such verbal abuse, then people would be less likely to partake in such a vile behavior.
      And if they are allowed to arrest a subject for verbal abuse, what constitutes verbal abuse under our constitution?
      Retired

Comment

He pulled the officers punk card, BAD. All I watched was the first 1:30 of that video and already determined that I would have the last word and the last action because he would be in jail. Granted he would only be in jail a few hours at most, there is no way im going to be disrespected like that. It's not about just me being a policeman, its me as a person, you will not talk to me like this guy did.

Im fine with someone running their mouth out of frustration, but only to a point. This guy was flat out disrespectful. He woulda been GONE.

What charge? That citizen is nothing more than a typical racist. He's not worth your time, and he's not worth that officer's time.

I'd have just gone out of my way to follow him and smirk at him as much as possible for the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
          What could you arrest him for under KRS?
          Disorderly conduct 2nd & menacing. I could make the DC because he is loud in a public place and causing annoyance to others (any person in the area who could hear that rant and was alarmed by it , I.e. The person in the white car that pulled up) . he also wantonly created a traffic hazard by standing in the traveled portion of the roadway which was for no justifiable reason while tearing into the officer. and the menacing would be if I could articulate that this person was a threat to me. After watching the first few seconds the Ofc. Quickly exits his squad as the camera man is quickly approaching him in an angry demeanor, I would articulate that the officer exited the car because of a fear of a potential attack if He stayed sitting in the car (ferguson anyone?).
          Last edited by lpstopper; 09-24-2014, 10:55 AM.
          "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Disorderly conduct 2nd & menacing. I could make the DC because he is loud in a public place and causing annoyance to others (any person in the area who could hear that rant and was alarmed by it , I.e. The person in the white car that pulled up)
            Got it. I could go the DC route as well, ONLY if the other people are willing to make statements indicating that they were alarmed by his unreasonable act(s). My only dilemma would be that I cannot be the complainant.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856

I do not think that there is anything in the US Constitution about verbal abuse. State laws should be created so that officers would not have to be subject to verbal abuse. But I am not a law-giver, just a member of the public.
              I suggest that you research some case laws on this subject. Case laws are based on the constitution.
              Retired

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4348 users online. 248 members and 4100 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X