300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve856

Are police officers interested in mitigating crimes, and care about the motivation for crimes? Or do police officers not really care about prevention of crimes ex ante, and simply expend their resources on post-facto enforcement?

Thank you!
    Not going to feed the troll no more
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 09-28-2014, 11:30 PM.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Last edited by Iowa #1603; 09-28-2014, 11:27 PM.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
        Agreed. It's enough to give one a migraine.
        Originally posted by JasperST
        "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
        It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
          Interesting.

That’s actually one thing that I love about this forum: I am always learning. For example, what I’ve always thought that police consider important is frequently different than what police actually consider important.

As I understand it, motivation is never (or exceedingly rarely) an element of a crime. Mens rea is commonly an element, but motivation is not. Therefore, it makes sense that police officers not consider motivation when enforcing the law. The above comments appear to reflect that.

However, I would think that motivation is very relevant to preventing crimes. I don’t know how criminal minds work, and I understand that sometimes the thought process is stochastic and no matter what anyone does, there will be crimes without any reasons. But I would think that in a majority of cases a person has some sort of a motivation or some sort of a reason to kill someone, or rob someone, or shoplift.

Are police officers interested in mitigating crimes, and care about the motivation for crimes? Or do police officers not really care about prevention of crimes ex ante, and simply expend their resources on post-facto enforcement?

Thank you!
          Firstly, I am not a police officer. My quotes should not be attributed as such.

Secondly, for being such an eloquent person, your logical perspective (in this particular reply) appears to be exceedingly dense. If someone's motivation is to drive home (sounds innocent enough), but, they do it while intoxicated and end up killing an innocent family, who cares what their intention was? The result of their actions was an egregious felony, and that is what they should be held accountable for. I couldn't care less if every idiot who runs around parks pulling people's clothes off eats a .45 during their attempt.
          Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 09-29-2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

that suv would get filed with .40cal after taking cover
            Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
            Who cares what he thought he was doing? What he did was assault someone.

The idiots who did this considered it a prank:

They probably would have died if they had tried that 'prank' on better prepared subjects.

Comment

now he's going some where where people love to pull pants down

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5927 users online. 349 members and 5578 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X