Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't think this scumbag looked at this as a 'prank'. And I also think he was (A) extremely surprised and concerned (For himself) when he found out just who he'd 'pantsed' and (B) thet he should thank his lucky stars that he came out of it relatiely unscathed...I know of a couple of female officers, one of whom once inhabited this very forum, who would have cheerfully relieved him of various anatomical apendages, then completed the task of turning him into Med-Flight bait had he chosen them as a target.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
      While I do not think that his behavior is in anyway acceptable, or funny, or a prank to me, and concur that Mr. Flynn should be punished for his attack, I also recognize that young people make poor choices and have a propensity to pull “pranks” that seem funny to them but not to others. Some teens and young adults simply have a different way of looking at the world than you or I do. Youtube is full of video of young people that purport to show young adults doing potentially very destructive and life-threatening actions. Giving someone a wedgie or pulling down running shorts seems pretty tame compared to some actions seen, for example, in
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylY6-7vAefE ,
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB82EMFK8Ro ,
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXBt0iIEXDk ,
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxRWc5px0eI
      It seems that such “pranks” are perpetrated by bored, white, middle-class males, who have really not been exposed to crime, or people who have been exposed to crime.

Or I am wrong, #1603? Is there anything in the story that would make it obvious that Mr. Flynn did not think that this was just a prank?
      The groping and pulling down the pants does not sound like a prank to me. It wouldn't to you either if it was your wife or daughter.

Comment

Or I am wrong, #1603? Is there anything in the story that would make it obvious that Mr. Flynn did not think that this was just a prank?
        [/COLOR]
        The punk committed a SEXUAL ASSAULT on a woman.....................................

SEXUAL ASSAULT is NEVER, NEVER , NEVER

*****ING NEVER

A PRANK

Do you understand that Steve?

What my contribution to the discussion focused on was the motivation of Mr. Flynn. Is it really beyond the realm of possibilities that Mr. Flynn thought that it was just a prank?
        I really don't care WHAT the punk was THINKING---------------------He committed a FELONY by sexually assaulting a person----------------

His motivation was that he was thinking with his SMALL HEAD rather than the one on the top of his body.

He was lucky the DUSM wasn't carrying a weapon-----------I'll wager she carries now when she is jogging
        Last edited by Iowa #1603; 09-07-2014, 04:44 PM.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I must apologize for not communicating clearly. I thought that I was clear. Sorry.

By my words: “I do not think that his behavior is in anyway acceptable, or funny, or a prank to me”, I meant to convey that to me Mr. Flynn’s behavior is not acceptable. Further, I meant to convey that Mr. Flynn’s behavior is not funny. Still further, I meant to convey that Mr. Flynn’s behavior is not a prank.

To me it is NOT a prank. Let me clarify: To the poster under userID Steve856, the behavior of Mr. Flynn is NOT a prank.

Yes, I concur with you that groping and pulling down pants is not a prank to you. It is not a prank to me either. I have a wife and two teenage daughters, and it would not seem like a prank to them either. That is not germane to my discussion.

What my contribution to the discussion focused on was the motivation of Mr. Flynn. Is it really beyond the realm of possibilities that Mr. Flynn thought that it was just a prank?

Again, my question relates to what Mr. Flynn thought about his actions. Not to what I think of his actions. Not to what my family members think of his action. Not to what police officers think about his action.

If the above is still not clear, please let me know, and I’ll try to clarify it in a different way.
          Fair enough Steve, but I don't see anything in this article that makes me think that he thought he was pulling a prank.

Comment

I'm with Steve. I think this guy watched Sharking videos on the interwebz, and thought he was going to have some fun and do it too. There might have even been someone filming his actions that was not seen by the victims.

The fact that he was doing it during the day in busy areas, makes me think he was not seeking to do anything further at that time then what he did.

If you want to be disturbed, do a Google search for "Sharking videos" and watch some of the videos that these predators consider pranks.
            “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
              I'm with Steve. I think this guy watched Sharking videos on the interwebz, and thought he was going to have some fun and do it too. There might have even been someone filming his actions that was not seen by the victims.

The fact that he was doing it during the day in busy areas, makes me think he was not seeking to do anything further at that time then what he did.

If you want to be disturbed, do a Google search for "Sharking videos" and watch some of the videos that these predators consider pranks.
              A few years ago we had a Federal Public Defender Brutally attacked on a running trail in down town Cedar Rapids Iowa in BROAD DAYLIGHT............

It happens and I fully believe he WANTED to see the female without her pants.................assault is not a prank
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

While I do not think that his behavior is in anyway acceptable, or funny, or a prank to me, and concur that Mr. Flynn should be punished for his attack, I also recognize that young people make poor choices and have a propensity to pull “pranks” that seem funny to them but not to others. Some teens and young adults simply have a different way of looking at the world than you or I do. Youtube is full of video of young people that purport to show young adults doing potentially very destructive and life-threatening actions. Giving someone a wedgie or pulling down running shorts seems pretty tame compared to some actions seen, for example, in
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylY6-7vAefE ,
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB82EMFK8Ro ,
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXBt0iIEXDk ,
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxRWc5px0eI
                It seems that such “pranks” are perpetrated by bored, white, middle-class males, who have really not been exposed to crime, or people who have been exposed to crime.

Who cares what he thought he was doing? What he did was assault someone.

The idiots who did this considered it a prank:

They probably would have died if they had tried that 'prank' on better prepared subjects.

Comment

Lots of sexual offenders commit their crimes in broad day light an in crowded places. Subways are a prime place. Women are groped , rubbed up against and even masturbated in front of and in some cases ejaculated on in crowded subways. When I worked the beach detail in Coney Island there were guys that used to hang out under the board walk and look up women's skirts and masturbate while the women waited on a concession line. It got to be such a problem they had to push sand under the board walk to eliminate the problem. Don't let the time of day fool you. These guys try to melt away in the crowd. Ask any transit cop. These guys are probably more prevalent than your nighttime peeping tom.

Comment

I'm with Iowa on this. Sexual assault is NOT a prank, nor does the perpetrator think it's a prank - although they might claim so when caught. Their motivation is control and disempowerment of the victim. They look for easy targets. This guy picked the wrong person and got off easy.
                    "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

I'm glad it ended well for the Marshal, but had he been larger and or armed, it may not have. I'm surprised any Marshall, especially a female marshal, would go jogging minus a means of self defense. I doubt she ever does that again.
                      - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
                        I'm glad it ended well for the Marshal, but had he been larger and or armed, it may not have.
                        Marshal is 5'5". Suspect is 6'4", 210 lbs. The Marshal took care of business.
                        “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Marshal is 5'5". Suspect is 6'4", 210 lbs. The Marshal took care of business.
                          Well and fine, but does not change my point. Again, glad it worked out for her.
                          - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Any thoughts?
                            On this forum you get the answers you get. If they are "non responsive" ---so be it

This forum is a collection of cops-----(for a very long time ONLY COPS were allowed)----------------the civilians that participate are guests that are allowed by the new owners.

The cops talk "cop talk" and you are going to get answers in that vernacular for the most part. And yes, if you don't like it----don't participate. It's pure and simple.

In our mind----------we really dont' care what Flynn was thinking.........................And trust me------------you will continue getting answers on this forum that are from a Cop's point of view

We really don't care that you have spent your life hanging out in chat rooms and think you know how they should be run. This one is run the way it is...................the owners really let the long time forum members "run" and "police" the board ---and they only step in when things get out of hand. It works for us (the intended audience of this forum COPS)

Most of the time the offices participating in this forum are doing so on their OWN TIME. They are not representing their agency. They are using the time on the forum as recreation (or to help OTHER OFFICERS). The drivel that comes in from NON COPS are just something that we put up with because we like to use the forum.

If you can't put up with that ----------------------------I don't remember anyone begging you to join this forum.

Have the best day ever

Comment

From what I am reading this started as a simple assault or battery. We don't know his intentions. He might of been only being stupid by pulling her shorts down. Without him making another attempt at something more, there isn't enough for sexual assault. His real problems began when she identified herself as a LEO and he ran. Then he attacked her when cornered under the staircase.

Comment

Originally posted by usetobe View Post
                                From what I am reading this started as a simple assault or battery. We don't know his intentions. He might of been only being stupid by pulling her shorts down. Without him making another attempt at something more, there isn't enough for sexual assault. His real problems began when she identified herself as a LEO and he ran. Then he attacked her when cornered under the staircase.
                                Wrong. It matters not what his intentions were or what he was thinking. He committed indecent assault, a sexual offense in Pennsylvania, when he groped the marshal and pulled down her pants.
                                "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7020 users online. 389 members and 6631 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X