300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Hired in Florida

In the state of Florida, the laws only require one to be 19 in order to become certifiable. That being said I plan to start working at my local sheriffs dept at 19. Im just worried that I will not be taken seriously or given a equal opportunity as some other applicants who may be older. I have been a police explorer with the agency for five years. Attaching to the back of my application will be a letter of recommendation from a sitting county judge, a captain from the agency and two sgts from the agency. In my references I have the same captain and sgts plus two addition sgts who i did not ask for a letter.

Does anyone think my age will be a huge turn off for the agency and them not seriously consider me for sworn LEO employment?

Everyone has to start somewhere! You are young and have a lot to learn about everything! So you might know every law in the books but my advice is keep your mouth shut and take it all in! I would like to say it not always about who you know when it comes to getting hired, but most people in LE know that's not the case some times. I worked for a dept where I "knew" higher ups and was often accused of only getting the job because of that.

Comment

Why do you have multiple threads going asking the same question?

http://forums.officer.com/t195443/

Comment

Who knows buddy... Even though the age is 19, I think it's too young to make some decisions. Even at 21, I have doubts as to most officers making a good and smart decision.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by kermit315 View Post
          Why do you have multiple threads going asking the same question?

http://forums.officer.com/t195443/
          I posted here and then found the hiring guest ions thread

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3532 users online. 217 members and 3315 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X