Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perhaps the most draconian sentence in history.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps the most draconian sentence in history.

Stupid? Yes. Dangerous? No doubt. But this sentence for a 15 year old is a joke.

15 Year Old Who ?SWATTED? Gamer Convicted Of Domestic Terrorism; 25 Years To Life In Federal Prison | NY Meta"]

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

I am fine with the sentence. He could have got innocent people killed. Swat deployments are no joke and are life and death situations.

The sentence also shows others that this will not be taken lightly.

Comment

I disagree. Maybe that 1 sentence will stop some of the BS they think is all fun.
      One guy already got shot during his prank call. What if the guy in the house had shot a couple of Swat team coming in ( which if someone kicks in my door will happen )before they shot him since it was reported he would shoot the police when they arrived.

All over some 15 year old getting his feelings hurt cause he lost a game.Looks like a good message to me.

Comment

What's his history? The article doesn't say. Maybe it is being kept secret because he is only 15. But to comment on the sentence, I think it would be necessary to see his entire rap sheet. If this is his first crime, then the sentence might be overturned on appeal because it is unusual?
        https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Unfortunately for this 15 year old, he learned the hard way. This is about one of the dumbest things I have ever heard anyone do. This kid got someone shot because he was tired of being beat in a video game. And he put the Officers in the line of danger. This is just a simple case of "Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes".
          In Valor Their Is Hope

Comment

Prosecutors in the case proved that Horner called in multiple false threats against rival online gamers, resulting in SWAT team raids of their residence.

So it wasnt his first rodeo or the first person he had done it to,he doesnt think its as funny now tho

Comment

False EMERGENCY calls to the PoPo are dangerous for EVERYONE .

I have no problem with the sentence.

He'll be released in 5 yrs or so anyway

Operative part of the article that really shows how dangerous it is:

"Defense lawyers told the courtroom that Horner, who goes by the gamertag BadAssDwg69, was upset after being repeatedly beaten by a fellow gamer at Battlefield 4. After obtaining the rival gamers information, prosecutors say Horner called police and reported a murder/hostage situation at the home. SWAT team then raided the house, shooting and critically injuring the “Livestreamer’s” father in the process. "
              Last edited by Iowa #1603; 09-01-2014, 01:29 PM.
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

While Swatting really is a problem and absolutely unacceptable behavior, this article is apparently all a hoax. The picture posted in the article is of a murder case out of Buffalo, NY where a teen murdered a baby.

http://wivb.com/2014/01/10/teen-crie...ng-sentencing/

The source nationalreport.net is a satirical news website...
                Last edited by Cape804; 09-01-2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cape804 View Post
                  While Swatting really is a problem and absolutely unacceptable behavior, this article is apparently all a hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/swatted.asp
                  https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

It is indeed a hoax. That being said, I fully support that exact sentence for this crime, and harsher sentences for other crimes.

Comment

While Swatting really is a problem and absolutely unacceptable behavior, this article is apparently all a hoax. The picture posted in the article is of a murder case out of Buffalo, NY where a teen murdered a baby.

While the sentence in this case is a hoax, the incident it is talking about did happen.

FB

Comment

Yeah, I found that out shortly after I posted it. Last time I will ever take a friend's Facebook post a face value.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

That's why I almost always check Snopes or HoaxSlayer.

Having said that, it takes a real D-bag to do that for real.
                          It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Giving Book Face posts credibility is stupid...
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Without even reading the article, I had doubts. When someone can get probation for killing people while DUI cause he was too pampered by his parents, there's no way a 15 year old kid is going to get hit with a domestic terrorism rap like that.
                              Last edited by JustAJ; 09-03-2014, 08:55 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4751 users online. 264 members and 4487 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X