X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never heard of anything quite like this happening

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/dekalb-...rrender/nhBG3/

No charges for Vietnam vet in DeKalb SWAT standoff

A Vietnam veteran will not face charges stemming from a predawn SWAT standoff in a DeKalb County neighborhood, police said.

Officers were called to a home on Black Oak Drive off Bouldercrest Road before daybreak Thursday on reports of shots being fired.

“They found a gentleman in the backyard, randomly taking shots into the wood line,” DeKalb police Capt. A.J. Andrzejewski said. “He claimed he saw some people back there.”

After officers arrived, the man ran back inside the house, firing additional shots.

Surrounding houses were evacuated, and after the DeKalb SWAT team negotiated with the man, he came out peacefully, Andrzejewski said.

He said the man, who “seemed a little disoriented,” told officers he missed an appointment at the V.A. Medical Center on Wednesday.

“We’re not going to bring any charges against him,” Andrzejewski said. “He’s a veteran and missed his appointment and we think it’s better to get him some assistance at the V.A. hospital.”

Andrzejewski said police do not believe the man, whose name has not been released, ever aimed shots at officers.
    “We believe it was just random shots,” he said.

I'm actually kind of glad they are doing it this way. Maybe charges with a court ordered mental wellness program would have worked too, but I think DKPD realized what the issue was and handled it in a why that gets the guy help.
    Originally posted by Ceridwen
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Similar things happen all the time......................they often don't get highly publicized because they are "big news"
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6361 users online. 344 members and 6017 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X