Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Cops' crew member dies after officer-involved shooting

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 'Cops' crew member dies after officer-involved shooting

    --

    http://www.ketv.com/news/cops-tv-sho...747006#!bLaHzl

    Earlier article with some info about the shooting: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...shot/14669517/


    This just breaks my heart. I grew up watching this show. It has done so much for LE. COPS is one of the few shows that does not bash police or create controversy. I am saddened.
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr

  • #2
    Is Cops even still on, other than reruns on Spike?
    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!



    In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

    Comment


    • #3
      It is sad indeed, but just like us in law enforcement, they do obviously take some of the same risks we do when they go out to film.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
        Is Cops even still on, other than reruns on Spike?
        I believe Spike bought COPS, so they are still producing new episodes of Cops to air on Spike TV in addition to the re-runs. FOX no longer produces Cops.
        "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jacob2899 View Post
          I believe Spike bought COPS, so they are still producing new episodes of Cops to air on Spike TV in addition to the re-runs. FOX no longer produces Cops.
          COPS is still in production.................They were filming in Des Moines Iowa last month
          My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm surprised they went this long without a camera person getting killed.

            I remember an episode from back in the late 80's/early 90's from Denver when 2 scout cars crashed while responding to a call - one of the cars had a camera guy and sound guy in the backseat. That was some craziness.
            Originally posted by RSGSRT
            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

            Comment


            • #7
              That looks like a good show, a few segments on youtube I just watched, I can see how one of the crew could be injured or killed in the live real time incidents.

              It never fails to amaze me the stupidity of some people and how much of a loser they seemed to always be, like the guy arrested in this one;

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                COPS is still in production.................They were filming in Des Moines Iowa last month
                Iowa? I guess they are getting desperate.....

                Just kidding. I was in one of the early episodes in Broward County. This is a tragedy.
                September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                  Iowa? I guess they are getting desperate.....

                  Just kidding. I was in one of the early episodes in Broward County. This is a tragedy.
                  Actually Des Monies has had COPS film several times over the years

                  Several other agencies have been contacted in the state but refuse to be involved

                  This is one of the better known Des Moines clips---I think 2001

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiGUoRd6eCg
                  Last edited by Iowa #1603; 08-27-2014, 10:01 PM.
                  My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've actually emailed the show's producers a few years back and asked why they don't ever ride with the Detroit Police.

                    They actually emailed me back and said DPD has been denying them access since the show started. Can't imagine why....
                    Originally posted by RSGSRT
                    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Audio tech was killed by a police officer in a friendly-fire accident.

                      http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/P...272815631.html
                      "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                        I've actually emailed the show's producers a few years back and asked why they don't ever ride with the Detroit Police.

                        They actually emailed me back and said DPD has been denying them access since the show started. Can't imagine why....
                        Several years ago, DPD had a crew from The First 48 in town following their detectives around. The crew was on-scene during a SWAT raid when an officer accidently fired his weapon and killed an 8-year-old girl

                        The shot that killed Aiyana Stanley-Jones in 2010 could be heard on the video, which was recorded by a crew from "The First 48," a reality TV show on A&E Networks. Officer Joseph Weekley's gun fired and struck the girl in the head while she slept on a couch.
                        After that the Chief said he would never allow a TV crew to embed itself in the department. Pretty dumb move by the Chief, considering the tv crew did nothing wrong in that incident. Furthermore, not allowing TV crews to see your agency makes it seem as if these accidents happen all the time with your agency, which we all know is not the case. Still, it was a knee-jerk reaction by the chief to deny all TV crews access just because of one tragedy that happened to be caught on camera.

                        Also, the chief of Chicago PD hates COPS because he feels it trivializes police work, so he won't allow them to film there.
                        "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          RIP to the crewman.


                          Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          This is one of the better known Des Moines clips---I think 2001

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiGUoRd6eCg
                          Never gets old.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jacob2899 View Post
                            Several years ago, DPD had a crew from The First 48 in town following their detectives around. The crew was on-scene during a SWAT raid when an officer accidently fired his weapon and killed an 8-year-old girl



                            After that the Chief said he would never allow a TV crew to embed itself in the department. Pretty dumb move by the Chief, considering the tv crew did nothing wrong in that incident. Furthermore, not allowing TV crews to see your agency makes it seem as if these accidents happen all the time with your agency, which we all know is not the case. Still, it was a knee-jerk reaction by the chief to deny all TV crews access just because of one tragedy that happened to be caught on camera.

                            Also, the chief of Chicago PD hates COPS because he feels it trivializes police work, so he won't allow them to film there.
                            Which is funny, because that Chief (Evans) was fired shortly after for trying to start a reality show based on himself.

                            That whole shooting was BS which is why the first trial ended in a hung jury. The fine, upstanding Grandmother who was hiding a murderer in the house attacked the cop and his weapon fired accidently.
                            Last edited by Aerohead; 08-28-2014, 08:04 PM.
                            Originally posted by RSGSRT
                            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Side note: I was working as a dispatcher when that DEA Detroit show aired. Every time a DEA agent called in for something, we'd always ask them if they were 'Group 14.'

                              They HATED it. LOL!
                              Originally posted by RSGSRT
                              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3992 users online. 219 members and 3773 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X