Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Post writes editorial supporting the police!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Post writes editorial supporting the police!

I have not posted here in forever, but I just saw this article today and absolutely had to post it. It is extremely rare to see a media publication go out of its way to write something positive about the police. I am no fan of the New York Post, but man, they click on all cylinders in this piece!

The Rev. Al Sharpton’s march today in Staten Island is meant to slam New York’s Finest. We’ll say it flat out: We support the cops.

Unequivocally.

Better The Rev & Co. turn their march into a parade to celebrate the NYPD — and how the department, almost single-handedly, turned this city around. (Notwithstanding efforts to the contrary by rabble-rousing self-promoters like Sharpton.)

How ironic that the reverend titled his bit of street theater a “We Will Not Go Back” march. Because that’s precisely what he wants the city to do: return to the ugly days when cops failed to control crime, chaos ruled and the city was barely livable.

Only two decades ago, the city saw 2,245 people murdered in a single year. That’s more than six lives a day — and most of those were the lives of blacks and Hispanics. Moms and dads had their kids sleep in bathtubs to avoid stray bullets.

Today, thanks to the men and women in blue, this year the average is less than one murder a day. Think of all the lives, minority lives, that have been saved.
    Believe me - it gets better!

http://nypost.com/2014/08/23/three-cheers-for-the-nypd/

And let this be a dedication to every law enforcement agency, federal or state/local, small, medium, or large, specialized jurisdiction or not. Without you, we would not be here today.

Unfortunately, it's the Post and not the Times. The Post has a relatively small circulation. but hey - its a start.

Comment

If the NYT had written this, it would be one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

Meh.
      SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
      SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4106 users online. 207 members and 3899 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X