300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It can happen anywhere

West Union is a small county seat in Extreme NE Iowa with approximately 2500 population

My mother in law grew up in the area & I have spent quite a bit of time in the town.

Officer SHOT in chest----survived
    Shooter did not

http://www.kcrg.com/subject/news/pol...pital-20140823

WEST UNION, Iowa - West Union Police are investigating a Saturday morning shooting. Officers at the scene say they were first called out to Palmer Lutheran Health Center sometime before 9:00 A.M.

Police say the suspect shot a police officer in the chest, but it hit that officers vest. The officer was not hurt.

The suspect was then shot and killed. Authorities have not released who shot the suspect.

As of 9:45 A.M., the Iowa DCI was still on its way to West Union to help investigate.

Read more at http://www.kcrg.com/subject/news/pol...TaK4xs45Pku.99
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

The vests are hot and heavy to wear but oh so good to have for that one instant when needed.Thank God he was wearing his.

Comment

Originally posted by jdthor View Post
      The vests are hot and heavy to wear but oh so good to have for that one instant when needed.Thank God he was wearing his.
      Yes.............today we are playing around with 100% humidity and high 80's temp........even this early in the am.
      GLAD he was wearing
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

It was ~98* with 80+ % humidity here yesterday.

I'd still rather sweat all day than leak the important stuff.

Comment

UPDATE

http://www.kwwl.com/story/26353488/2...hen-kills-self

The Fayette County Sheriff's Office says an inmate who was supposed to receive treatment for medical issues, instead tried to escape from custody. Sheriff Marty Fisher says the escape attempt ended when the inmate grabbed a deputy's gun, shot the deputy, then turned the gun on himself. The inmate died. The deputy was not hurt seriously. It happened at about 8:30 a.m. at Palmer Lutheran Hospital in West Union. In a prepared statement, Sheriff Marty Fisher says the inmate had been taken to the hospital for treatment for medical issues. He says during the treatment, the deputy released one of the inmate's hands from his handcuffs and the inmate attacked the deputy. He says a struggle then took place. He says during the struggle, the inmate took the deputy's weapon and held the deputy at gunpoint, saying he wanted to be fully released in order to make an escape. Sheriff Fisher says the deputy then "deployed a non-lethal device" at the inmate. He says the inmate then shot the deputy. He says the deputy's bullet-proof vest prevented serious injury to the deputy. The sheriff says the inmate then shot himself. He died at the scene. The sheriff says the investigation has been turned over to the Division of Criminal Investigation. The hospital has limited entrance to some areas. However, it still is fully operating and the entrance to the emergency room is open. The sheriff says names of the deputy and inmate will be released at a later date and after a full investigation and notification is completed.

Comment

Yep. Obama says small town cops don't need this stuff since there's no reason for it. All safe and ****... Pogue.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Uh oh! get ready for it- the white folks in West Union will all be out in force by tomorrow looting, burning down the stores, rioting and demanding "justice"... or will they?

Nah, I doubt it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6429 users online. 369 members and 6060 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X