300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pros and cons fast!

So about to start a new job in Miami FL, with the v.a., and today I got another offer at a different v.a. In Huntington WV, miami does pay alittle more but cost of living is a lot more. I have 2 little ones and a wife to think about also. Need to make a choice by tomorrow. Well let me hear some opinions!

Florida = the Sunshine State

West Virginia = the colder than crap state.

Florida = beaches
    West Virginia = trees and ticks

Comment

Lol good point I hate the heat and humidity grew up in new Orleans! I think I might be part Eskimo.

Comment

You need to decide what you think is best for you and your family. I would go to WV because of the low cost of living, beautiful scenery, and what I would consider to be a better quality of life.

Comment

I would pick Miami, but cost of living may make paradise hell. Then again, what's the point of making money if there is no place to spend it or you die of frost bite/ inbreeding.
          Originally posted by Ceridwen
          Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Find some VJa cops in both places. Ask them about their agencies.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I say it's not the "quantity" of life, rather the "quality" of life.

WV!

Ski

Comment

WV isn't that cold! Get into white water kayaking and you will be in paradise in WV

Comment

As a younger man I'd have picked Miami. As a older, wiser man I'd pick West Virginia.
                  ~Gun control has always been about punishing the people that didn't shoot anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMyk View Post
                    As a younger man I'd have picked Miami. As a older, wiser man I'd pick West Virginia.
                    Exactly what I am thinking! I spent about 3 months down there for some military training about 13 years ago! and some of the best times of my life! but not sure it would be the same with 2 little ones and a my wife in tow!! and I still have have a 6 pack but now i keep it in the fridge and not under my shirt! and i believe they are required in Miami!

Comment

As a family man, who has been where you are, I would pick WV. I was in your shoes pretty much and chose Miami, only to have my wife and kids stay put. Then I had to make changes to get back with my family cause my wife refused to raise our kids in Miami. Like it's been said, think about what's best for your family. Miami is not a place for raising kids and living a good family life. WV, nice scenery and like someone else mentioned, cost of living is lower. Good luck and let us know what you decided.

Comment

Pros (not-too-busy-not-too-quiet Huntington):

(VA Hospital)

(Collage from Wikipedia)

Cons (anything-goes Miami):

(Miami Heat team members posing in hoodies in protest of the following comment by Geraldo Rivera: "It’s those crime scene surveillance tapes. Every time you see someone sticking up a 7-Eleven, the kid’s wearing a hoodie. Every time you see a mugging on a surveillance camera or they get the old lady in the alcove, it’s a kid wearing a hoodie. You have to recognize that this whole stylizing yourself as a gangsta — you’re going to be a gangsta wannabe? Well, people are going to perceive you as a menace.” -- more at Miami Heat response to Geraldo Rivera hoodie comments in re Trayvon Martin)
                        Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 08-19-2014, 01:52 PM.

Comment

West Virginia

Comment

It's too bad you're married .... you could have hooked up with a coal miners daughter lol

Comment

Huntington it is! Well almost there may be an offer from Indy in the mix now! And that would mean no relocation expenses because I am about 40 miles away! Going to talk to the Chief tomorrow to see what's up! Cross your fingers for me! If not I guess I will have to learn the banjo!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2610 users online. 131 members and 2479 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X