Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pogue Mahone
    replied
    Make sure that you check out what the rental market is going for before you commit to moving up here. It certainly ain't cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Gradient Shift
    replied
    Oh yeah, some apartment buildings will do month-to-month leasing, but good ones are hard to find or are very expensive. Not far from where I live now there is an apartment building that does month to month renting targeted toward out of state employees for the businesses in the area. Did a couple security details for some corporate VIPs at one. Nice, but can be expensive.

There are also extended stay hotels, but I have never been to one before.

Leave a comment:

• Gradient Shift
    replied
    Find a place that will give you a three or six month lease and ensure you have the option to sub-lease should things not pan out.

I was suppose to start an academy far away from where I am now in June but it was indefinitely postponed due to budget issues. When the lease on my apartment came up for renewal I just asked for a six month lease. While I have the option to sub-lease I may not be available to sign paperwork or do the legwork of finding a new tenant. This gives me a way out of the lease without a year long commitment whenever the class gets started.

I'm not worried about failing and then not having an apartment to go back to. I will die before I washout.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• hernandez.amie
    started a topic seattle pd academy - housing during training

seattle pd academy - housing during training

I currently live in Miami, FL but I'm planning to move to Seattle, WA next year to become a police officer.

Once I'm in the academy, the department doesn't provide housing for future POs. I don't want to rent an apartment in case I don't graduate.
    I don't know anyone in Seattle, so I can't stay with anyone.

Any ideas on what I can do?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4590 users online. 244 members and 4346 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X