300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seattle pd academy - housing during training

I currently live in Miami, FL but I'm planning to move to Seattle, WA next year to become a police officer.

Once I'm in the academy, the department doesn't provide housing for future POs. I don't want to rent an apartment in case I don't graduate.
    I don't know anyone in Seattle, so I can't stay with anyone.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Find a place that will give you a three or six month lease and ensure you have the option to sub-lease should things not pan out.

I was suppose to start an academy far away from where I am now in June but it was indefinitely postponed due to budget issues. When the lease on my apartment came up for renewal I just asked for a six month lease. While I have the option to sub-lease I may not be available to sign paperwork or do the legwork of finding a new tenant. This gives me a way out of the lease without a year long commitment whenever the class gets started.

I'm not worried about failing and then not having an apartment to go back to. I will die before I washout.

Good luck.
    “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

Oh yeah, some apartment buildings will do month-to-month leasing, but good ones are hard to find or are very expensive. Not far from where I live now there is an apartment building that does month to month renting targeted toward out of state employees for the businesses in the area. Did a couple security details for some corporate VIPs at one. Nice, but can be expensive.

There are also extended stay hotels, but I have never been to one before.
      “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

Make sure that you check out what the rental market is going for before you commit to moving up here. It certainly ain't cheap.
        This Space For Rent

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5107 users online. 274 members and 4833 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X