X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Langford PR
    replied
    Originally posted by RR_Security View Post
    I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. For me, it didn't erase all the unhappy stuff I read yesterday, but it "rounded off the edges" somewhat.

.....it is the stuff for which we all do what we do. I'm happy for Ofc Barca, he received a twenty-year validation goodness for all the hardness he had to take throughout his career. Great story.

Leave a comment:

• RR_Security
    replied
    I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. For me, it didn't erase all the unhappy stuff I read yesterday, but it "rounded off the edges" somewhat.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    With all the bad stuff going on lately, I just had to post this.

<https://gma.yahoo.com/yonkers-cop-at...185610504.html>

Good stuff.
    Great thread. Thanks for posting, RR.

Leave a comment:

• So Fla Cop
    replied
    Originally posted by Fuerza View Post
    Not to detract from the story, because it is very uplifting, but to write that a 20-year old was saved 21 years ago sounds a little odd. Just saying.
    Haven't you ever heard of "predictive policing"?

Leave a comment:

• Fuerza
    replied
    Not to detract from the story, because it is very uplifting, but to write that a 20-year old was saved 21 years ago sounds a little odd. Just saying.

Leave a comment:

• reils49
    replied
    Yonkers is a pretty rough city and most of the police news coming out of there is negative. Stories like this make it worth while to deal with the bad parts of the job. I just wish the media would spend more time talking a out the cops doing good, than things gone wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied

Good stuff.
    That's neat

Leave a comment:

• "Yonkers Cop to Attend Wedding of Newborn Baby He Saved"

When Shammah Hammideh gets married next weekend near Chicago, by her side will be both the ordinary -- her groom, her family, her bridal party -- and the extraordinary, the police officer who saved her life 21 years ago.

Hammideh, 20, and a recent nursing school graduate, was just two months old in December 1993 when she stopped breathing.

The first emergency worker to respond to her family’s Yonkers, New York, home was Joe Barca, at the time a sergeant in the Yonkers Police Department.

Barca performed CPR on Hamideh as the pair traveled to a local hospital. By the time they reached the emergency room, according to Barca, she was breathing on her own.

Good stuff.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5832 users online. 360 members and 5472 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X