300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Yonkers Cop to Attend Wedding of Newborn Baby He Saved"

With all the bad stuff going on lately, I just had to post this.
    When Shammah Hammideh gets married next weekend near Chicago, by her side will be both the ordinary -- her groom, her family, her bridal party -- and the extraordinary, the police officer who saved her life 21 years ago.

Hammideh, 20, and a recent nursing school graduate, was just two months old in December 1993 when she stopped breathing.

The first emergency worker to respond to her family’s Yonkers, New York, home was Joe Barca, at the time a sergeant in the Yonkers Police Department.

Barca performed CPR on Hamideh as the pair traveled to a local hospital. By the time they reached the emergency room, according to Barca, she was breathing on her own.
    <https://gma.yahoo.com/yonkers-cop-at...185610504.html>

Good stuff.
    --
    Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Originally posted by RR_Security View Post

Good stuff.
    That's neat
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Yonkers is a pretty rough city and most of the police news coming out of there is negative. Stories like this make it worth while to deal with the bad parts of the job. I just wish the media would spend more time talking a out the cops doing good, than things gone wrong.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Not to detract from the story, because it is very uplifting, but to write that a 20-year old was saved 21 years ago sounds a little odd. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuerza View Post
          Not to detract from the story, because it is very uplifting, but to write that a 20-year old was saved 21 years ago sounds a little odd. Just saying.
          Haven't you ever heard of "predictive policing"?
          September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Good stuff.
            Great thread. Thanks for posting, RR.

Comment

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. For me, it didn't erase all the unhappy stuff I read yesterday, but it "rounded off the edges" somewhat.
              --
              Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. For me, it didn't erase all the unhappy stuff I read yesterday, but it "rounded off the edges" somewhat.

.....it is the stuff for which we all do what we do. I'm happy for Ofc Barca, he received a twenty-year validation goodness for all the hardness he had to take throughout his career. Great story.
                Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
                "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
                ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3715 users online. 272 members and 3443 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X