300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America is lost, it is all " Missouri"

I think it's time for all LEO's across the country to stop working. What has our country gone to? What is it that we are dying for, being paralyzed for, losing families and missing our kids growing up for?

What kind of country thinks it's ok to riot and loot and pillage because some thug climbs inside a police car and tries to take an officers gun and then gets shot? Why is it that black males are never wrong, that every time they are encountered by police, they are innocent and it's the big bad police picking on black people?

Mr Jackson, mr sharpton, where are you and your bullhorn when yet another protector is gunned down by a black man, another useless thug cuts down a hero, and takes a father or mother away from their children? Where are the angry people marching, the riots and looting then? Why can good people who daily put their lives on the line die by the hundreds yearly and no one gives a damn, but when two bit tattood gold tooth wearing drug dealing welfare collecting useless human beings that will never amount to anything are cut down before they can destroy more lives , it's a tragedy?

There was a time in America when if a police officer brought home your teenager late at night,the parents would say " what did you do to cause this officer to have to take you home?" Now, if this scenario occurs the response is " why are you harassing my child?". It used to be that if a six foot three , three hundred fifty pound man resisted arrest, it was understand that " harsh words " wouldn't bring him under control. Now, we have the same sheep that flee the sight of their own shadow second guessing our tactics, when they don't have the balls to put themselves on the line. If we use a gun, they want us to use "tasers and clubs". If we tasers and clubs they want us to use chokeholds and MMA moves. We use chokeholds and it's " excessive force". What ARE we allowed to do? Why is America handcuffing the police , and more importantly why do police chiefs and administrators allow it to happen, restricting the very tactics that keep us alive? Barring chokeholds because it looks bad on tv? Why not just EDUCATE the sheep out there that NO ONE has ever died from a choke hold, and EDUCATE them that you aren't actually " choking " someone, there is no deprivation of air, just blood restriction from the brain. Oh, and when someone is being " choked" and yet they say " I can't breath!", that's a clue that they CAN breath .

I for one, am tired of it. I'm tired of the American public second guessing cops , and the lack of support for out actions. I think I can deal with the lack of support , if you will just SHUT THE **** UP, and stop pretending like you know how to do my job and how I could do it better. I do not I around second guessing my airline pilot and telling him to go above the storm instead of around it. I've seen top gun also, this doesn't make me maverick. I don't go around fighting fires, even though I've seen backdraft. I wouldn't even have the first clue how to operate a trash truck, so I wouldn't DARE tell a garbage man how to do his job. But yet for some reason the American public, because you have watched NYPD blue and Third Watch, you think you know my job.

Well, I tell you what: you strap on a gun belt and a bulletproof vest tomorrow night. If your balls aren't in your throat by this point from the very realization that you are putting on BODY ARMOR to go to work, then kiss your wife and children goodnight. Do it like you mean it though, this could be the last time you see them. Now, if you still have chickened out, go work in a patrol car where you are a moving target for every criminal in the country. Notice how they see you long before you see them? Now, respond to a wife calling 911 because her husband is beating her, show up and try to arrest the husband only to have the wife jump on you and try to take your gun. Go to the seven eleven to get a slurpy only to interrupt a robbery in progress with a mouth breathing criminal intent on killing you. Patrol the streets and try to keep dangerous youth from breaking into people's homes and cars, and try not to let them overpower you and kill you. Every time one of these people tries to kill you, keep in mind that you going home isn't the most important thing to the country, it's how much force you use to stay alive. Crazy huh? And above all things, if the criminal is black, tell him or her that they just got a free pass on crime, that they are free to do whatever they want to you or society, because you're not going to perform your job against them because it wouldn't be fair.

Remind me again why we do this job for a society made up of thankless people that think they can do our job?
    USMS Region 3
    Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
    Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
    Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
    BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
    Medical:2/15/10
    MedicalReview: 4/15/10
    FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
    Drug: 6/5/10
    Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
    Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
    Written: 12/27/10
    NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
    To:
    Medical:

I couldn't agree more. Thank you for your service JTL!

Comment

I, for one, still have a blast doing the job, even after 18 years. Those who demonize me are not worth my time, but will still receive the highest level of service I can provide, no matter their views.

In short, and to quote a great American: "eff the haters, I'm gettin' mine".

Comment

Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
        I think it's time for all LEO's across the country to stop working. What has our country gone to? What is it that we are dying for, being paralyzed for, losing families and missing our kids growing up for?

What kind of country thinks it's ok to riot and loot and pillage because some thug climbs inside a police car and tries to take an officers gun and then gets shot? Why is it that black males are never wrong, that every time they are encountered by police, they are innocent and it's the big bad police picking on black people?

Mr Jackson, mr sharpton, where are you and your bullhorn when yet another protector is gunned down by a black man, another useless thug cuts down a hero, and takes a father or mother away from their children? Where are the angry people marching, the riots and looting then? Why can good people who daily put their lives on the line die by the hundreds yearly and no one gives a damn, but when two bit tattood gold tooth wearing drug dealing welfare collecting useless human beings that will never amount to anything are cut down before they can destroy more lives , it's a tragedy?

There was a time in America when if a police officer brought home your teenager late at night,the parents would say " what did you do to cause this officer to have to take you home?" Now, if this scenario occurs the response is " why are you harassing my child?". It used to be that if a six foot three , three hundred fifty pound man resisted arrest, it was understand that " harsh words " wouldn't bring him under control. Now, we have the same sheep that flee the sight of their own shadow second guessing our tactics, when they don't have the balls to put themselves on the line. If we use a gun, they want us to use "tasers and clubs". If we tasers and clubs they want us to use chokeholds and MMA moves. We use chokeholds and it's " excessive force". What ARE we allowed to do? Why is America handcuffing the police , and more importantly why do police chiefs and administrators allow it to happen, restricting the very tactics that keep us alive? Barring chokeholds because it looks bad on tv? Why not just EDUCATE the sheep out there that NO ONE has ever died from a choke hold, and EDUCATE them that you aren't actually " choking " someone, there is no deprivation of air, just blood restriction from the brain. Oh, and when someone is being " choked" and yet they say " I can't breath!", that's a clue that they CAN breath .

I for one, am tired of it. I'm tired of the American public second guessing cops , and the lack of support for out actions. I think I can deal with the lack of support , if you will just SHUT THE **** UP, and stop pretending like you know how to do my job and how I could do it better. I do not I around second guessing my airline pilot and telling him to go above the storm instead of around it. I've seen top gun also, this doesn't make me maverick. I don't go around fighting fires, even though I've seen backdraft. I wouldn't even have the first clue how to operate a trash truck, so I wouldn't DARE tell a garbage man how to do his job. But yet for some reason the American public, because you have watched NYPD blue and Third Watch, you think you know my job.

Well, I tell you what: you strap on a gun belt and a bulletproof vest tomorrow night. If your balls aren't in your throat by this point from the very realization that you are putting on BODY ARMOR to go to work, then kiss your wife and children goodnight. Do it like you mean it though, this could be the last time you see them. Now, if you still have chickened out, go work in a patrol car where you are a moving target for every criminal in the country. Notice how they see you long before you see them? Now, respond to a wife calling 911 because her husband is beating her, show up and try to arrest the husband only to have the wife jump on you and try to take your gun. Go to the seven eleven to get a slurpy only to interrupt a robbery in progress with a mouth breathing criminal intent on killing you. Patrol the streets and try to keep dangerous youth from breaking into people's homes and cars, and try not to let them overpower you and kill you. Every time one of these people tries to kill you, keep in mind that you going home isn't the most important thing to the country, it's how much force you use to stay alive. Crazy huh? And above all things, if the criminal is black, tell him or her that they just got a free pass on crime, that they are free to do whatever they want to you or society, because you're not going to perform your job against them because it wouldn't be fair.

Remind me again why we do this job for a society made up of thankless people that think they can do our job?

For the most part all of that BS doesn't bother me-----------------I do my job, write the reports and move on. What happens behind the scenes and in the news----happens.

I think I make my little corner of the world a better place------------------
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I do my part in my little spot im in,Every now and then i get a simple thank you from a elderly person after opening a door or child walks up wide eyed and wants to shake my hand.

Sometimes its nothing more than that to make me know some do still care and gives me the reason to continue.

Comment

Johnnie,

You are wrong.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Its a damn tough job....do your best until you can't, then leave.
              Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
              “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
              “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
              "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
              ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                No one on this board is talking about it but we all know people we've worked with who don't think there's any redeeming quality to an inner city kid.
                And we all know inner city kids that are not worth trying to help. They are lost, polluted by the "lifestyle", the Fat Al and Jacksons of the world. That is certainly not the "cops fault. Or is it? Oh and BTW, that goes for rural thugs too.

Absolutely the riot was unacceptable, but people are frustrated.
                I don't think frustration has anything to do with it. It is party time. It is time to get "free shyte".

There are about 700,000 police officers in the US these days, of which hundreds of thousands are on the street. Last year, 173 died, and of that about 75 died from shootings, stabbings, or other violent interactions with criminals. That's a percentage so low my little desk calculator can't even factor it.
                Tell that to the families of those that made the sacrifice. Sometimes even when trying to give that "inner city kid" a better life.

On the other side, the civilian side? We don't even track those numbers, even though we are supposed to.
                We don't? Laughable.

The low estimate is about 1500 people shot by the police last year, with about 800 dead.
                So we are not permitted to defend ourselves or others? Where do you work NYC?

I'm just tired of it. I was so tired of it I left a city department and went to join a small town, where I can get by without having to pretend and treat the people like garbage too.
                Me too. But I think for other reasons. You should never have to pretend, and you should never have to treat people like garbage unless they prove that they really are.

Your rant indicates one thing. You've completely checked out of the concept for which the entire profession of police officer was created, to be out there as a force to protect people. You hate them.
                In theory you are absolutely correct, but lets be real here, some people don't want your protection, they want to kill you.

In my opinion, there's no room in this profession for that hate.
                I agree to a point, are you human? Do you get frustrated about constantly being falsely accused? Do you get frustrated about being used for personal, illegal gain, with no consequences for grandstanding?

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to convince those that feel this way to stop it or that they're wrong.
                Not true...keep practicing your passion.

As for the ridiculousness of being judged by people outside the profession, the profession has been designed exactly for that. Oversight by the courts, oversight by the legislative and executive, because people calmer and more impartial than you should be the ones that determine whether the force used on the civilians is just and appropriate.
                When it becomes a level playing field, let's talk. When the Fat Al's and the Jacksons are held accountable, maybe faith in the system will be restored.

You're full of hate. You should either fix that or retire.
                Hate is a powerful emotion. It is never productive. I agree.
                September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

There are professional agitators who are always waiting for the police to step on the proverbial mine and then.................all hell breaks loose.
                  It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

What is wrong with us?

I mean, why is it we're always running toward danger when everyone else is running away? Why do we choose to put our lives on the line each and every shift? Are we sick? Do we have a death wish?...or are we just stupid to want so badly to keep the innocents safe from the jaws of the wolf? We ALL have our personal reasons for doing what we do, and yes, we are scrutinized.

We live in a society that's in an age of entitlement, (notice I said entitlement NOT enlightenment!) Does that mean we're "entitled" to burn businesses in our anger? Does that mean we're "entitled" to rob and loot our neighbors out of frustration? Does that mean we're "entitled" to discredit and belittle our protectors whenever it suits us? Does it mean we're entitled to make assumptions even though we don't have all of the facts? And does it mean we're "entitled" to promulgate our views on alleged racism and hate every time a tragedy occurs?

Personally, I find it hard to justify any of these actions, especially when the media constantly insists on isolating and reinforcing "entitled" behavior as being right and justifiable. It's all about sensational news stories, and as long as there are individuals and media to fan the flames, we will remain under the microscope and be accused.

Was it wrong to question the shooting of Michael Brown? I don't think so, but what is wrong is taking the essence of a sad and tragic event and making it sensational and racial. I don't blame folks for being angry over the loss of any human life, but I refuse to accept this attitude of entitlement. It's what's wrong with todays' society. As long as we remain in racial turmoil, my fears are that we will never experience an enlightened society. As law enforcement, aren't we "entitled" to more? Stay Safe!

Ski

Comment

I do my job. i don't care about mmqb from the media or civilians. Anyone that does not do my job can go pound sand.

Comment

[email protected], I disagree with you. JTL is just as frustrated with what is going on in this country as most of us here are. I think we are just as quick to judge ourselves as anyone, we just don't post it here because there are plenty of idiots that will. We all know when an officer screws up, we just hate the rush to judgement that we always get. Rolls have reversed. Cops are automatically guilty and "Thugs" are great, loving, wonderful kids that just made a mistake.

What is absolutely ridiculous is all these protesters that care about the kid that was killed and protest his death then go out and loot and pillage. Really, I know that this maybe a little cynical of me, but sometimes it seems like they want a minority to be killed so they can go out and get a new TV. All Jesse and Al do is stoke the fire and then watch things burn. I have a feeling MLK would be very disappointed with them.

And I'm so tired of the "we get shot at every day so that justifies a lot of things" argument. Yes, it's a job that can be difficult and dangerous at times, but let's be realistic. There are about 700,000 police officers in the US these days, of which hundreds of thousands are on the street. Last year, 173 died, and of that about 75 died from shootings, stabbings, or other violent interactions with criminals. That's a percentage so low my little desk calculator can't even factor it. It's not a high enough number to justify a rant like this. On the other side, the civilian side? We don't even track those numbers, even though we are supposed to. The low estimate is about 1500 people shot by the police last year, with about 800 dead.
                        I think this statement is ridiculous. Yes, the percent of us that get killed every year to those that get killed by us is one sided. Do you want it the other way around. We are out there to protect and serve. We are forced to have to take lives in the course of our job. Who is responsible for that, us? Most of these deaths are due to the stupidity of the person that gets killed/shot. Do you have the stats on how many of those were justified compared with wrongful deaths/shootings by a LEO or does your calculator not go that low for those percents. Just as you say JTL is too quick to condemn those that are quick to judge us you are too quick to condemn him. Move to whatever Mayberry RFD town you want to work, whatever makes you feel better. Some of us are willing to stay on the front line and make the tough choices. Just try and remember whose side you are on. We, LEOs, don't want there to be sides, but with people like Obama, Jesse, and Al, we are forced to remember who has our back.
                        Last edited by IAM Rand; 08-12-2014, 11:37 AM.
                        Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

But...but...but...he was about to start school.
                          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

If Jessie (son in Federal prison) Jackson and Fat Al aren't already in Ferguson Mo, they're en route, and totally prepared to indulge in what they do best, Agitation and Extortion. If past experience is any guide, they will be again aided and abetted by Barack Obama and Eric Holder in leading yet another lynch mob.

Comment

Smh...The hate is real...Unbelievable
                              "Injustice Anywhere is a Threat to Justice Everywhere"-M.L.K. Jr.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6265 users online. 343 members and 5922 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X