300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this common with gangs?

I was driving through a bad part of town and there was a sports bike blocking two lanes of traffic near a stop light. As soon as it turned green, 7-8 cars (lifted rims, paint jobs, the whole nine yards), all turned off of a street and then proceeded. Once they went through I ended up behind them. Coming up to another intersection about a mile away, the bike got in the oncoming traffic lane and sped up to be up front. He then pulled into the middle of the intersection and blocked traffic coming the opposite direction who had a green light and he waved all of the cars to turn there even though they didn't have a right-a-way. After seeing this incident, I called the police and reported it and they turned into a park so if the police did investigate they more than likely found the group which I hope they did.

Do gangs carrying drugs,weapons, etc travel in large convoys like this and disobey traffic laws as though they own the roads? I've seen a lot of things, but this is new to me and I'm curious. I don't know for a fact that they were a gang, and it isn't okay to just assume things about people, but I made the opinion when I seen every car loaded with guys all wearing the same colors coming from a gang area.
    Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Might be a car club. They tend to take over parking lots on the weekends to show off their cars and blast their music. I wouldn't call a car club a gang, but car clubs very well may have gang members in them.

Comment

Sounds like a group of *******s. Generally, if it were gang members with contraband, they wouldn't be caught dead doing stupid crap like that.....it is like a giant billboard that says 'stop me and search my car, because we are doing stupid ****'.

Comment

We have car clubs here that do things like that. I would guess that they aren't gang members running large quantities of contraband. Most of the time, when people are doing illegal things, they are very conscientious to obey the traffic rules. Like it was said, doing things like that attracts attention.

Comment

Originally posted by yngcp89 View Post
          We have car clubs here that do things like that. I would guess that they aren't gang members running large quantities of contraband. Most of the time, when people are doing illegal things, they are very conscientious to obey the traffic rules. Like it was said, doing things like that attracts attention.
          Yup. Pretty normal to see that ghetto sled rolling around at 0100 driving the exact speed limit, signaling at every turn, and giving you no PC at all. Those are the ones you really want.

Comment

Originally posted by yngcp89 View Post
            Most of the time, when people are doing illegal things, they are very conscientious to obey the traffic rules.
            Except for the fools that get drunk or arent as smart as those you mention and get behind the wheel with expired plates, no insurance, suspended license, tail light out AND wanted on a warrant- those are the ones you read about in the news.

Nothing says "stop ME officer!" like having no plates, weaving and broken tail lights

Comment

Originally posted by FromOhio View Post
              I was driving through a bad part of town and there was a sports bike blocking two lanes of traffic near a stop light. As soon as it turned green, 7-8 cars (lifted rims, paint jobs, the whole nine yards), all turned off of a street and then proceeded. Once they went through I ended up behind them. Coming up to another intersection about a mile away, the bike got in the oncoming traffic lane and sped up to be up front. He then pulled into the middle of the intersection and blocked traffic coming the opposite direction who had a green light and he waved all of the cars to turn there even though they didn't have a right-a-way. After seeing this incident, I called the police and reported it and they turned into a park so if the police did investigate they more than likely found the group which I hope they did.

Do gangs carrying drugs,weapons, etc travel in large convoys like this and disobey traffic laws as though they own the roads? I've seen a lot of things, but this is new to me and I'm curious. I don't know for a fact that they were a gang, and it isn't okay to just assume things about people, but I made the opinion when I seen every car loaded with guys all wearing the same colors coming from a gang area.

This must have been quite the culture shock for you huh?

Like it was stated before, this is the norm with any kind of automotive or bike clubs. You should of been out here to check out Rolling Thunder.
              USSS UD
              Applied: 5/29/14
              ELAC Invite: 10/12/14
              SPI: 10/24/14
              SI: 11/20/14
              Polygraph: 1/30/15
              Medical: TBA
              BI: TBA
              Hiring Panel: TBA

Comment

In a way it was. Out of all of the things I've seen, I've never seen an actual convoy like that before so it was a new sight to see
                Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

Everything you stated says car club to me. That does not mean that they are not also gang members, but as has been mentioned before, the ones riding dirty go out of their way to avoid giving us PC.
                  In God We Trust
                  Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Thanks for the answers

Comment

Diagonally down the block from my gallery is a bar/tavern and at certain times, I don't remember if it's Saturday afternoon or what, or if it's just during certain months- the place is packed with middle age looking motorcycle riders, they all arrive around the same time on big expensive showy Harleys usually (from what I've noticed) and they park in the block.
                      It has to be some kind of club/group thing but when they all arrive I always think we're being invade by the Hell's Angels LOL, but these guys seem to be of mature age and I've never seen/heard of trouble with them.

Comment

Do gangs carrying drugs,weapons, etc travel in large convoys like this and disobey traffic laws as though they own the roads
                        Yes.

They always do things that say "Hey, come stop a bunch of us and search our cars" when they have contraband on board.

get behind the wheel with expired plates, no insurance, suspended license, tail light out AND wanted on a warrant-
                        "Warrant-mobile". The hooptie rust bucket with expired tags and a bunch of crap in the back.
                        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Even the old rich white guy Hawaiian shirt wearing car guys do that around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnersmate323 View Post
                            Even the old rich white guy Hawaiian shirt wearing car guys do that around here.
                            RIP Boyd.

Comment

Blocking the cross traffic is common where I live, but only for large sanctioned MC events, so all the MC's can stay together in one long group. I have seen it done for unsanctioned events with a smaller number of riders, but far and few between.
                              21 Years, Retired, Pensioned

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6201 users online. 375 members and 5826 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X