Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevalence of meth?

Hey folks,

Yesterday I was loading propane tanks up into the cage at work for Amerigas, and a customer had went into the store to purchase a propane exchange of 2 cylinders. Upon him completing the transaction, he pulled his car up to the cage, and I decided to bring 2 new cylinders to his trunk (since he had a cast). I went to put the propane in his trunk when I noticed an old spoon, multiple boxes of syringes, and about 5 boxes of some type of chemical.

After walking away, I sat down in the office, and it hit me....well that guy had to have been manufacturing meth, right? Or at least assisting in it?

It was the first time I've seen any of that up close. So, to the officers here that hit the streets daily, how prevalent is meth in your patrol area?

Originally posted by Sooner2000 View Post
    Hey folks,

Yesterday I was loading propane tanks up into the cage at work for Amerigas, and a customer had went into the store to purchase a propane exchange of 2 cylinders. Upon him completing the transaction, he pulled his car up to the cage, and I decided to bring 2 new cylinders to his trunk (since he had a cast). I went to put the propane in his trunk when I noticed an old spoon, multiple boxes of syringes, and about 5 boxes of some type of chemical.

After walking away, I sat down in the office, and it hit me....well that guy had to have been manufacturing meth, right? Or at least assisting in it?

It was the first time I've seen any of that up close. So, to the officers here that hit the streets daily, how prevalent is meth in your patrol area?
    I don't know that what you saw was remnants of a Meth Lab or not--------------------You are missing a lot of things necessary for the production of the drug.

Here in Eastern Iowa Meth is an epidemic---------we have a lot floating around and being cooked.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It's common enough in the cities in Australia but regional areas seem to be suffering from an epidemic of sorts.

Comment

That guy could have been a diabetic who was treating his lawn and had a can of beenie-weenies for lunch.

As Iowa said - you are missing a lot of ingredients. In my area, meth is actually on a downturn. Its become too difficult for the cooks to get all the ingredients to shake n' bake, and they aren't smart enough for red phos. So, they are turning to heroin. we are seeing huge increases in that.

Comment

True, I guess I assumed that was the reason he was getting more propane!

Comment

There is no such thing as meth... It's an urban legend....

Comment

Its huge here, depends on what the other chemicals were tho.

Comment

Meth is a big problem for us here. There are plenty of out of the way places where they can cook and nobody would know that there was something going on.
                In God We Trust
                Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Meth is one of the most addictive drugs world wide. You would be hard pressed to find an area not infected by meth in some way, shape, or form. I agree with the above that it does not contain the necessary elements to be a lab.

Comment

Shake labs are still out there here but slowly decreasing. We get more Mexican crystal now.
                    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
                      Meth is a big problem for us here. There are plenty of out of the way places where they can cook and nobody would know that there was something going on.

If it's quite a problem in North Texas, I'm sure it's the same way here in Houston

Comment

http://arvadapd.org/about-arvadapd/m...at-to-look-for

for your part,

Propane tanks with blue-colored brass fittings, or compressed gas cylinders

dont know about this counties issues but their descriptions of what to look for is good
                        Last edited by jdthor; 08-05-2014, 06:52 AM.

Comment

I don’t think it helps that Sudafed has started putting “Our Favorite Meth Recipe” on the back of the box.
                          SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                          SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4653 users online. 285 members and 4368 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X