Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palmer v. D.C. (Another 2A Victory)

Decision on Palmer v. D.C.

"In light of Heller, McDonald, and their progeny, there is no longer any basis on which this Court can conclude that the District of Columbia’s total ban on the public carrying of ready-to-use handguns outside the home is constitutional under any level of scrutiny. Therefore, the Court finds that the District of Columbia’s complete ban on the carrying of handguns in public is unconstitutional. Accordingly, the Court grants Plaintiffs’ motion for summary judgment and enjoins Defendants from enforcing the home limitations of D.C. Code § 7-2502.02(a)(4) and enforcing D.C. Code § 22-4504(a) unless and until such time as the District of Columbia adopts a licensing mechanism consistent with constitutional standards enabling people to exercise their Second Amendment right to bear arms.4 Furthermore, this injunction prohibits the District from completely banning the carrying of handguns in public for self-defense by otherwise qualified non-residents based solely on the fact that they are not residents of the District."

http://alangura.com/2014/07/victory-in-palmer-v-d-c/
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Wow. Just wow.

Comment

Dag, that could help in the logistics planning area......

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
        Dag, that could help in the logistics planning area......
        I don't follow. Wut dat mean?
        - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Boom. Suck on that, anti 2nd crowd.
          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
            I don't follow. Wut dat mean?
            I'm sorry, Will, I was thinking out loud. I meant for me personally. I live near DC and it complicates things to go in and out of MD, VA, and DC.

Comment

As I understand it that makes DC a constitutional carry zone for now, as the laws prohibiting it are invalid.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Sweet! I can carry my gat next time I visit. Boom.

....but still not in Maryland...
                Originally posted by RSGSRT
                We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

" . . . until such time as the District of Columbia adopts a licensing mechanism consistent with constitutional standards enabling people to exercise their Second Amendment right to bear arms." Which many would interpret as meaning "don't implement any near-impossible jump-through-hoops procedures, fees, etc. for licensing," but some administrators will probably try that anyway.
                  --
                  Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3185813/posts

Comment

I can see DC fighting this until they can't and when DC looses, they will treat its ccw permit like MD. For those not familiar with MD its next to imposable to obtain a ccw permit unless "based on the results of investigation, “good and substantial reason” to carry a handgun, including a finding that the permit is “necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger.”In the end only the higher ups in dc govt will have the permits.

Plus i can see that dc wont recognize other states permits, or vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by ef87c View Post
                        Plus i can see that dc wont recognize other states permits, or vice versa.
                        Check the link David Hineline posted. He sez that Emily Miller sez (and I quote)
                        DC police chief using guidance from AG -- grants full reciprocity for all open and concealed carry from others states.
                        I like it, but I find it hard to believe, especially if the "AG" mentioned is Holder. I'd be "waiting for the other shoe to drop" on that one.

Hell Freezes Over.gif
                        Last edited by RR_Security; 07-28-2014, 10:21 AM.
                        --

Comment

Originally posted by RR_Security View Post
                          Check the link David Hineline posted. He sez that Emily Miller sez (and I quote)

I like it, but I find it hard to believe, especially if the "AG" mentioned is Holder. I'd be "waiting for the other shoe to drop" on that one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11898[/ATTACH]
                          In Holder's version of the new law, it says that only cartel members are allowed to carry in DC, and if they do not have a weapon suitable to their station, he will assign them one.

Comment

What a generous man Holder is. Maybe he has some suitable weapons left over from "Fast and Furious" that he can lend out.
                            --

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
                              In Holder's version of the new law, it says that only cartel members are allowed to carry in DC, and if they do not have a weapon suitable to their station, he will assign them one.
                              And they must show proficiency with assigned weapon.
                              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6365 users online. 343 members and 6022 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X