Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folks, If You Don't Like the New Upgrade, JD Has Provided Access to the Last Version

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folks, If You Don't Like the New Upgrade, JD Has Provided Access to the Last Version

Goldbadge's post made me realize the 3 or 4 threads we've done on the subject do not necessarily convey the above message. And if GB missed them, others have probably missed them too.

See Gradient's thread below for instructions:

http://forums.officer.com/t194819/ (How To: Change Forum Theme/Style)

We also talk about it in the "It's Back!" thread.

GOLDBADGE is just a senile old retired fart.....................
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      ROTFLMAO.... who?
      September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Good Guy Gradient helping us less than techno wizards out...
        Super Secret Ninja Squirrel
        "SSNS"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
          Goldbadge's post made me realize the 3 or 4 threads we've done on the subject do not necessarily convey the above message. And if GB missed them, others have probably missed them too.

See Gradient's thread below for instructions:

Good thank you! I just changed it back to normal, so much better now.
          http://forums.officer.com/t194819/ (How To: Change Forum Theme/Style)

We also talk about it in the "It's Back!" thread.

Good thank you! I just changed it back to normal, so much better now

Comment

I tried....it keeps locking up on me.... par for the course.
            "It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward...."

Comment

Gradient, can you help Bearcat out? I had no trouble converting for a change....I wouldn't know where to begin to help on this one....

Comment

Sounds like whatever browser Bearcat06 is using is blocking the components associated with the site. If he is having problems just attempting to change the theme then he is most likely having serious issues interacting with the website in general. Hunting down the offending settings could take a while so my suggestion is to download Google Chrome, and use that web browser to change your theme. It is pretty straight forward, nothing crazy, and Google won't install any other software with it. You can download Google Chrome at: www.google.com/chrome

While I am at it I highly suggest anyone using Internet Explorer switches to Google Chrome.
                - Chrome has far less compatibility problems compared to IE.
                - It is considered to be more secure than IE.
                - The interface is very clean and simple.
                - If you use multiple tabs to visit websites and one suddenly starts playing audio then a little speaker will display for that tab.
                - If you hit shift+esc while in Chrome a "task manager" for Chrome will appear so you can see which website tabs are using the most computer resources, or even immediately close one which you may not be able to via normal means.
                - There is an "Incognito Mode" which you can enable and you can browse the internet without your internet history being saved to the computer.
                - If you use Google Chrome on multiple devices (desktop, phone, tablet, laptop, etc) you can sync your favorites with your Google account and you will always have access to those links across all devices.
                - If you are interested in getting add-ons, which are additional programs that can integrate themselves with Chrome to do various things, there are tons of them. Ad Block Plus, which does just what the name suggests, is one.
                - Approximately 60% of web browsing is done via Google Chrome currently. (Firefox is 25%, Internet Explorer is 9%, Safari and Opera make up most of what's left)
                Last edited by Gradient Shift; 07-27-2014, 10:18 AM.
                “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

Oh, and if for some reason you absolutely do not want to change web browsers or can't, contact JD and he should be able to change your theme for you manually. He offered to do it for someone else in another post, if I recall correctly.
                  “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

Keep trying to type on your "smart phone" ...

I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                      Keep trying to type on your "smart phone" ...

Hey....we up to fiber optic now dawg.

September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

SFC & GoldBadge-----------eat your heart out....................I is computerized

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

SFC & GoldBadge-----------eat your heart out....................I is computerized

I never knew you were female....

I googled Iowa 1600's....and I think I found your picture..... I must say I am impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                            I never knew you were female....

I googled Iowa 1600's....and I think I found your picture..... I must say I am impressed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11902[/ATTACH]

Just an FYI.................that photo I posted was of the teletype machine used in Iowa in 1976 when I started in LE.
                            with the long punch tape that needed to be done then fed back into the machine to send the message

Comment

I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4958 users online. 260 members and 4698 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X