Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller derby!!!

http://www.walb.com/story/26071126/i...c&mobilebypass

Well not knowing the whole story here and not taking any ones side but just cause your in a wheelchair does not give you a right to do what ever you want!

I don't know what I would've done since I wasn't there, but if someone did that to a civilian, I'd think that civilian could claim assault. Will be interesting to see what LEOs think.

Comment

You are never going to feel good about your self-having to use force against a guy in a wheelchair! even if he deserves it! I am about to start a new job as an officer with the Dept of veteran affairs. I have heard tons of stories about how some of these guys can be the biggest jerks in the world, like having fake arms and legs thrown at them, one about a guy with 2 fake legs that was trying to steal drugs from another patient, when they went to arrest him he took both legs off and made them drag him through the hospital with no legs just for the shock factor, i guess my point is just because you have a handicap it does not mean you’re a good person.

Comment

Flex tie one wheel. It's a riot to watch them spin and curse...
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnersmate323 View Post
          You are never going to feel good about your self-having to use force against a guy in a wheelchair! even if he deserves it! I am about to start a new job as an officer with the Dept of veteran affairs. I have heard tons of stories about how some of these guys can be the biggest jerks in the world, like having fake arms and legs thrown at them, one about a guy with 2 fake legs that was trying to steal drugs from another patient, when they went to arrest him he took both legs off and made them drag him through the hospital with no legs just for the shock factor, i guess my point is just because you have a handicap it does not mean you’re a good person.
          Just like today I was forced to take a pregnant woman down to the floor in the court room. She was fighting enough that IF it would have been a man (or a non pregnant woman) I probably would have Tazed them. BUT I didn't wan't to be featured on Youtube tomorrow.

Instead I chose to call for assistance and 4 of us log carried her off to jail.

I didn't know she was pregnant until she was on the floor-----------so that didn't play a part in taking her to the ground..............but when jail staff told me she was pregnant -----------THAT directed my further actions
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

My only question would be was rolling over the officer's foot intentional or unintentional.

Comment

Originally posted by photone View Post
              My only question would be was rolling over the officer's foot intentional or unintentional.
              I really wasn't wanting the "critics" on here MMQBing me off the youtube video
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

To answer that, I think you would need a baseline for his coordination or fine motor skills: is he normally skilled with controlling and steering the wheelchair, or not? Such information may not be easily available, but the burden is on the guy who ran over the cop's foot: he broke the rule that says: "don't run over the cop", and that rule supersedes any later findings of 6 different disabilities, I would think.
                https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  Just like today I was forced to take a pregnant woman down to the floor in the court room. She was fighting enough that IF it would have been a man (or a non pregnant woman) I probably would have Tazed them. BUT I didn't wan't to be featured on Youtube tomorrow.

Instead I chose to call for assistance and 4 of us log carried her off to jail.

I didn't know she was pregnant until she was on the floor-----------so that didn't play a part in taking her to the ground..............but when jail staff told me she was pregnant -----------THAT directed my further actions

Iowa,

You went down on an unwilling woman who later claimed she was pregnant. You considered using a handheld battery operated device to stimulate her nervous system. Concerned about becoming a YouTube celebrity, you enlisted the aid of three colleagues to literally “log” her from public view to a restricted accommodation.

No MMQBing from me…..

Comment

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post
                    Iowa,

You went down on an unwilling woman who later claimed she was pregnant. You considered using a handheld battery operated device to stimulate her nervous system. Concerned about becoming a YouTube celebrity, you enlisted the aid of three colleagues to literally “log” her from public view to a restricted accommodation.

No MMQBing from me…..
                    I am trying to decide if your new name should be
                    Richard Head ---------------or
                    Jack Arse

Comment

Jack Arse

Iowa, I've seen you use Richard Head a few times and it makes me chuckle every time because I actually knew someone with that name.

In fact, he used to run the nerve center of the Pentagon years back when I worked there. Actually he was one of five called Deputy Directors of Operations, each of whom ran a team to make sure we covered the center 24/7. A DDO that gets that job statistically falls within the cream of the cream of the crop of all one star generals or admirals (or 0-6s about to pin on 0-7), which means they were really gifted leaders. Unlike all the other 15 DDOs I got to see lead during my tenure there over the years, he was the only one that was a ********.

We always figured he was destined for that temperament because of his name, LOL.

Therefore I vote for ******** as Sani's new name.

J/K Sani.

Actually, Sani would probably like the name..............

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                        Iowa, I've seen you use Richard Head a few times and it makes me chuckle every time because I actually knew someone with that name.

In fact, he used to run the nerve center of the Pentagon years back when I worked there. Actually he was one of five called Deputy Directors of Operations, each of whom ran a team to make sure we covered the center 24/7. A DDO that gets that job statistically falls within the cream of the cream of the crop of all one star generals or admirals (or 0-6s about to pin on 0-7), which means they were really gifted leaders. Unlike all the other 15 DDOs I got to see lead during my tenure there over the years, he was the only one that was a ********.

We always figured he was destined for that temperament because of his name, LOL.

Therefore I vote for ******** as Sani's new name.

J/K Sani.

Actually, Sani would probably like the name..............
                        I knew a Jack Head..............................he was a high school coach at my school when I was in grade school.

Comment

Jack Arse

I think we will just keep you as Sanitizer.......................at least for the time being...

Comment

Wasn't MMQBing you or anyone else Iowa...I was asking a legitimate question. If the guy ran over his foot intentionally, well, some force would have been justified. I don't understand slamming the wheelchair over. Sorry, but I don't. However if running over his foot was intentional, it would iindeed be assault on a police officer, and removing him from the wheelchair and taking him into custody would definitely have been warrented.You can, BTW, turn one of those things over without slamming it over in that manner.

If he ran over the officer's foot becaue it's a narrow sidewalk, he didn't realize the officers foot was in the path of the tire, and he ran over it unintentionally and the officer got pi55ed because his foot got run over and slammed the wheelchair over beause he was pi55ed...that's another ball game all together.

To be honest, the disiplinary action taken leads me to lean towards the latter scenario being the case.

Comment

Wasn't MMQBing you or anyone else Iowa..
                              wasn't pointing at you..............................

I don't know what happened..................all I know is things go south very quickly and under very unusual circumstances. The point I have made almost every time there is a question about the use of force and why it happened, I always say I wasn't there, I don't know how I would have handled it.

if you take my situation, there are several scenario's where I would have been totally justified in using the Taser on the woman. Even as it was I probably would have been ok---I KNOW I would have been by policy--------------but I had other options and I chose to use them

That doesn't stop me from having to field a WHOLE lot of crap from my co-workers who heard me call for help and later found out the person I was calling for help with was 5 months pregnant. Lets just say my text message box exploded. Part of that might have been the tone of voice used as we were trying to control her and me talk into the radio at the same time

One of the things is I am more than a little experienced in these types of situations (the ones that go real south real fast) and several of them that LOOKED real bad on video and ended up NOT being such a big deal when investigated using all the information available.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4046 users online. 227 members and 3819 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X