300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should cops be allowed to strike?

As a followup to the other threads..I ask this question........if cops continue to be sodomized by elected officials, should they be allowed to express their contempt for the hypocrites by striking? Take into account the current, popular, false, political agenda about how it is public pensions and not social engineering financing that are bankrupting governments in your thought process.
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

I believe they should if the City refuses to honor binding arbitration, or has their "people" in the Leg. get laws passed that favor the City not honoring the arbitrator's decision. The real problem in Chicago and Illinois is that just about all Cook County judges and all Democratic politicians at the State, County, and City level are beholden to the Dem Machine in Chicago that put them there, and control their political futures.

Just as a judge ruled that our Mayor (Rham Emmanuel) , when running for Mayor and had his residency challenged , even though he had not lived in Chi for several years (was Chief of Staff to the POTUS) and had rented out his residence to a private renter, was ruled that he was a City of Chicago resident, because he had left behind a suitcase in a crawl space when he moved out... See how shiate works in the "Windy City." Just as there was state law passed that the issue of residency for City workers cannot be part of collective bargaining, but this only affects cities in Illinois with over 1M in population (there's only one---Chi).
    Last edited by ChiTownDet; 07-13-2014, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Sure at the end of the day its a job just like every other person that works. Its the responsibility of a individual to protect themselves not someone elses. So if **** happens while the strike is going on then well thats what happens when you cant provide your own basic need of protection.
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
        I believe they should if the City refuses to honor binding arbitration, or has their "people" in the Leg. get laws passed that favor the City not honoring the arbitrator's decision. The real problem in Chicago and Illinois is that just about all Cook County judges and all Democratic politicians at the State, County, and City level are beholden to the Dem Machine in Chicago that put them there, and control their political futures.

Just as a judge ruled that our Mayor (Rham Emmanuel) , when running for Mayor and had his residency challenged , even though he had not lived in Chi for several years (was Chief of Staff to the POTUS) and had rented out his residence to a private renter, was ruled that he was a City of Chicago resident, because he had left behind a suitcase in a crawl space when he moved out... See how shiate works in the "Windy City." Just as there was state law passed that the issue of residency for City workers cannot be part of collective bargaining, but this only affects cities in Illinois with over 1M in population (there's only one---Chi).
        Chicago politics has always been corrupt. Now that Chicago politics has exploded onto the national stage with an alien in the WH illegally, there is a more urgent need to protect the people that actually put their lives on the line. If the illegal politics protect the criminal politicians, it is now more important than ever to protect the people that risk their lives for the unwashed masses.
        September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

When you have binding arbitration THAT WORKS strikes are not needed.

Iowa has the no strike clause but with a true working binding arbitration law that has been enforced by the courts SEVERAL times.

BUT-------------------life isn't always fair and when you have situations like Chicago................so be it
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            When you have binding arbitration THAT WORKS strikes are not needed.

Iowa has the no strike clause but with a true working binding arbitration law that has been enforced by the courts SEVERAL times.

BUT-------------------life isn't always fair and when you have situations like Chicago................so be it

What if you don't have binding arbitration? What if you are in a right to work state? I am torn, honestly. The politicians always attack us. What do we do?

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
              What if you don't have binding arbitration? What if you are in a right to work state? I am torn, honestly. The politicians always attack us. What do we do?
              Iowa IS a right to work state...........................but it is also a state with a collective bargaining law. Right to work only means that you can NOT be FORCED to join a union in order to work a job. THAT is all it means

You are talking about Anti Union states------------------that is a totally different animal.

Besides-------------I prefaced my no strike statement with the condition that you have a binding arbitration law THAT WORKS.

I am not a fan of strikes for public safety personnel. I worked 30 yrs without striking --------we won some contract disputes and we lost some--------but we always continued working
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                As a followup to the other threads..I ask this question........if cops continue to be sodomized by elected officials, should they be allowed to express their contempt for the hypocrites by striking? Take into account the current, popular, false, political agenda about how it is public pensions and not social engineering financing that are bankrupting governments in your thought process.
                Yes

Comment

It's hard because one the one hand we take an oath to undertake our duties and taxpayers have a right to expect that we will do so. The trouble is that governments don't always take the expectation that we will be looked after in return very seriously. I definitely agree with various measures of industrial action but I don't think I would support that going all the way to striking.

Comment

Against State Statute in MO. Same with Teachers..... can't strike.

Go the "Blue Flu" route.....and you will probably be jobless....

Comment

In New York we used to go to the city run collective bargaining and always came up short. Imagine that. The employer runs the board that your union has to appeal to. We had to sue to go to a state run board. Now our governor wants to limit the awards to 2 percent. What incentive is there for a municipality to negotiate. The only way now a days is a rule book slow down. Follow their rules to the letter and nothing gets done.

Comment

Yes since they are civilians they can walk off the job, also the job can fire them for doing so. That is my opinion.

Comment

There's always plenty more waiting to take my spot. The commissioners will just bring in some fresh meat.
                          "Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
                          Watch your words, for they become actions.
                          Watch your actions, for they become habits.
                          Watch your habits, for they become character.
                          Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

It's been done. Read up on the Boston Police Strike of 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                              I am not a fan of strikes for public safety personnel. I worked 30 yrs without striking --------we won some contract disputes and we lost some--------but we always continued working
                              Is there (or even WAS there) a scenario where you would seriously consider going on strike?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4836 users online. 302 members and 4534 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X