300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago 4th of July shootings

the Chicago Mayer declared the reason for the 60 shootings and 9 homicides that took place over the 4th of July weekend were the result of lax gun control laws.
    Now i'm all for reasonable and effective gun control, but what a stupid thing to say. Do you honestly think some gang thug who wants a gun to shoot someone is going to convince himself to obey the law and not buy a gun because there are to many regulations.

interesting. Chicago population is around 2.7m, Houston, TX is about 2.1m. In population, Houston is about the closest to chicago in population.

Houston has much more lax gun control than Chicago, obviously.

Now I can't find any stats, but I haven't heard about 60+ people being shot over the weekend in Houston.......

Must be that they are still crunching the numbers to get a final tally.. (/sarcasm)

Comment

Nobody ever said liberals were smart.
      Forever Blue.

Comment

In regards to Chicago:

In general regard to the 2nd:

http://youtu.be/uNKMjy265Zo

http://youtu.be/VKhSun_twD8

Comment

Illinois only recently passed CCW legislation. There are all sorts of state wide restrictions, as well as different restrictions for different towns and counties. It is a hot mess.

On top of that, it is very expensive for a CCW permit. First, a person must obtain a Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) card with a $10 application fee. Then expect to pay between $150 and $400 for a CCW class, depending on where you go and your experience level. The person will then have to apply for a CCW permit and pay an additional $150 application fee.
          “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

I don't know what the answer is. My politically incorrect answer would include ballistic missiles and high explosives. Personally I think it doesn't matter how strict the laws are if you want a gun, you're going to get one. Their problem is gang infection. I heard the numbers are up to 85 now.

Comment

...someone should inform the Mayor of Chicago his city has some of the most stringent gun control laws in the country. Gangs and society as a whole is what's out of control! It's all about attitudes. What wilaw said is the truth...criminals are not going to obey ANY laws, I guess that's why they're criminals. Killing someone just because they don't want to join a gang? What solution does the Mayor have...more gun control? I vote for education, incarceration and eradication...but not necessarily in that order!

Comment

In Vermont, Alaska and Wyoming, citizens have the choice of "constitutional carry" -- openly or concealed and WITHOUT a permit. That is about as "lax" as you can get with gun laws.......yet how many killings were there in those three states in one weekend versus the amount in ONE CITY (Chicago)??

If lax gun laws are to blame, the states with 'lax' gun laws should be awash in blood -- while DC, Los Angeles, Baltimore and Chicago should be the safest places to walk through late at night.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

I love my city (Chicago), however this is extremely embarrassing.

I believe the Mayor, along with other local politicians are demanding tough sentencing laws on people caught carrying guns illegally. More than half the bangers I arrest have multiple gun convictions on their background. It's mind blowing.
                  Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

I suppose some nitwit politician is including as a "victim" the guy who got shot by a citizen with a legally-carried handgun, after the first guy opened fire on a group of people.

"If gun control worked, Chicago would be Mayberry right now.” -- Cam Edwards (And apparently Newt Gingrich shut down a CBS News person using a similar reply, after she asked a typical MSM-person question: <http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/v...-be-safe-video>
                    --
                    Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

I read that there have been over 1200 people shot in Chicago this year alone. That's hard to fathom.

Is it usually this bad?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainKangaroo5691 View Post
                        I read that there have been over 1200 people shot in Chicago this year alone. That's hard to fathom.

Is it usually this bad?
                        Too bad the statistics do not reflect the "good riddance" factor. I am sure many of these shootings (possibly a majority) represent a net gain for the city.
                        When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainKangaroo5691 View Post

Is it usually this bad?
                          http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings
                          http://crime.chicagotribune.com/

Par for the course. Though, it is going down.
                          Last edited by Gradient Shift; 07-13-2014, 01:51 PM.
                          “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5052 users online. 268 members and 4784 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X