Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viral Trooper Video

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Viral Trooper Video

    Not sure why this Trooper went from saying that he was going to ticket the mouthy trucker to having a change of heart and basically kissing up to the guy. "enjoy your violation free MCS inspection" "this should look good to the company"

    Nothing illegal about the Trooper using his cell phone and what proof did the trucker have that the Trooper was driving reckless.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUOiZqUD-0

  • #2
    Originally posted by lawdog5169
    He admitted to making personal call, which is not allowed, even for police. calls pertaining to work, sure, calls to see what mom is cooking tonight, not so much.
    Is that an Illinois thing? Because I am pretty sure cops around here can make personal calls on duty from their cells without any problems.

    And, how would the trucker know if he was talking to his wife or talking to a Sgt. when he blew his horn?

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd say he probably knew the guy was going to file a complaint and tried to smooth things over.
      Last edited by Wackodrumr; 07-04-2014, 08:27 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Rule #1: Admit nothing
        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

        Comment


        • #5
          Our policy is that we can't talk or text while operating our unit unless it is an emergency. I'm sure many civilians have caught us doing the same.

          Comment


          • #6
            I used to pull off the street to answer calls, then they put Bluetooth in all the patrol cars to assist us in answering phones ("official use only" wink wink)
            Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
            Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Long Relief View Post
              Is that an Illinois thing? Because I am pretty sure cops around here can make personal calls on duty from their cells without any problems.

              And, how would the trucker know if he was talking to his wife or talking to a Sgt. when he blew his horn?
              Illinois law now prohibits drivers from using a hand-held telephone (to talk or text) while driving. Police are exempt from this while performing their official duties: 625 ILCS 5/12-610.2.

              Blowing your horn except when reasonably necessary to insure safe operation of his vehicle IS against the law: 625 ILCS 5/12-601.

              “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

              Miyamoto Musashi

              “Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

              George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                Illinois law now prohibits drivers from using a hand-held telephone (to talk or text) while driving. Police are exempt from this while performing their official duties: 625 ILCS 5/12-610.2.
                Next door in Iowa talking on a cell phone is legal for all --------------texting while moving is a crime BUT you can not use that as a reason to stop the vehicle--It has to be a secondary charge

                Police are NOT exempt from the texting rule-----------
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                Comment


                • #9
                  I guess getting a complaint is a big deal up there. I would have had no problem citing the trucker with his attitude. If he wants to file a complaint against me then no big deal, not like im going to get days over a trucker complaint. he still has to pay the fine on that ticket or go to court. I get paid to show up for court so win / win for me.
                  "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

                  "Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

                    Police are NOT exempt from the texting rule-----------
                    Laptop computers in car?
                    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                      Laptop computers in car?
                      Texting in Iowa is exclusively a phone thing . The law was specifically written to apply ONLY to cell phones
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                        Texting in Iowa is exclusively a phone thing . The law was specifically written to apply ONLY to cell phones
                        10-4.....sent from my mobile device.
                        September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                          Illinois law now prohibits drivers from using a hand-held telephone (to talk or text) while driving. Police are exempt from this while performing their official duties: 625 ILCS 5/12-610.2.

                          Blowing your horn except when reasonably necessary to insure safe operation of his vehicle IS against the law: 625 ILCS 5/12-601.
                          Looks like that foolish combative and rude trucker was... slamdunc'd

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lawdog5169
                            I would have no problem getting this dismissed as the judge laughs because you were buthurt cause I caught YOU breaking the law...lol.
                            What you don't understand is I could care less if you got it dismissed, it's a rare occasion that I take a traffic citation personally. But you would still be paying court cost, which means money out of your pocket, you would have to miss work that day to show up for court = more money lost from your pocket. Meanwhile I get paid every time I show up for court weather it's for 5 minutes or 5 hours.

                            Yeah someone using a cell phone is a major violation huh? Lock me away for life then bro.
                            Last edited by lpstopper; 07-06-2014, 12:44 AM.
                            "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

                            "Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
                              What you don't understand is I could care less if you got it dismissed, it's a rare occasion that I take a traffic citation personally. But you would still be paying court cost, which means money out of your pocket, you would have to miss work that day to show up for court = more money lost from your pocket. Meanwhile I get paid every time I show up for court weather it's for 5 minutes or 5 hours.

                              Yeah someone using a cell phone is a major violation huh? Lock me away for life then bro.
                              You're assuming that he works. I liked the bit about the foia request. Good luck, my phone isn't subject to that request George. Oh how I love Texas, where the idiots are less densely populated.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5213 users online. 320 members and 4893 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X