300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One armed German man cited for only have one brake on his bicycle

The issuer of this citation must be quite special.

Letter vs Spirit...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/10939120/One-armed-German-man-fined-for-having-only-one-handbrake-on-his-bicycle.html

A one armed German cyclist has been given an apology by police who fined him for having just one handbrake on his bike.

Theatre employee Bogdan Ionescu was stopped by an overzealous officer in Cologne who noticed that his bicycle lacked a right-hand front wheel brake even though the man is missing his right arm.

German law says each bike needs two hand brakes.

But his money was reimbursed and "police apologised to him" three months after the incident, a Cologne police spokesman told AFP.

Ionescu, who had complained to local police about the fine and claimed discrimination, told local newspaper the Koelner Stadt-Anzeiger: "This is great news, I am very pleased".

Shouldn't the heading read "one arm" man , not one armed?
    Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
      Shouldn't the heading read "one arm" man , not one armed?
      It should read "one-armed".

Comment

Is there an exemption in the law for people with only one arm? If not then it would be a good stop and good cite.

Disclaimer: I probably would not have wrote the ticket unless said person really needed it....

Comment

Is his favorite book "A Farewell To Arm"?

You just can't escape the long arm of the law.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
            Is there an exemption in the law for people with only one arm? If not then it would be a good stop and good cite.

Disclaimer: I probably would not have wrote the ticket unless said person really needed it....
            Justifiable (on paper, absent any critical thought), yes; 'good', most certainly not.

Comment

It sounds goofy, and 99.9% of the time it would be ridiculous to write this citation.

However we all have been in that situation where someone get a citation no matter what due to their attitude and other circumstances. It's not overzealous, it's CYA and doing your job.

One example is "You just stopped me because I'm..."

I'm not picking a side, this just reminded the few bicycle citations I've issued.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post

His one hand controlled the front brake. The bike was modified to use reverse pedaling as the rear brake. It really had two brakes, the cop didn't know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
                  His one hand controlled the front brake. The bike was modified to use reverse pedaling as the rear brake. It really had two brakes, the cop didn't know it.
                  Oh then no it was not a good cite.

Did the guy not tell the cop this???

Comment

Jebus, some guys just can't get a brake.

Comment

Gosh, good to know the potential for the Authoritarian State is alive and well.....
                      Last edited by PavePusher; 07-04-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PavePusher View Post
                        Gosh, good to know the potential for the Authoritarian State is alive and well.....
                        a1549b8621e83854cda79881ca75a953627840db5ab3cf8c2bd2caa29bac5e7c.jpg

Comment

What kind of weapon was that one German armed with?

Comment

Originally posted by PavePusher View Post
                            Wtf are you talking about?

Comment

Good for him. I'd give him a thumbs up on the street!

Well, on second thought.....
                              Last edited by Scott941; 07-08-2014, 09:18 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5087 users online. 319 members and 4768 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X