300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
    The best I ever saw was the brownies hooked up a hearse with the body in it. The driver wouldn't listen to the funeral director or the family. The only thing that stopped him from driving off was the dead guys daughter standing in front of the tow truck in tears refusing to let it drive off. This imbecile was going to store a dead body at the pound ? To this day I don't understand what he was thinking.
    I used to work in a funeral home. If this had been some of the families I worked with, the tow truck driver would have needed a casket of his own.

Bigger tool bag than the one that tagged the fire truck in a fire lane.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by BTR1701 View Post
      When I was assigned to Washington, DC, they used to pull us to work the United Nations General Assembly every year and the last year I was there, they cheaped out and had us drive our G-cars from DC to NYC rather than pay for a train ticket. Of course they didn't bother to provide us with any kind of parking placards or anything, so we just had to do the best we could with street parking around the hotel. Over the course of a week and a half, I must have racked up about 5-7 tickets (I guess you guys call them 'summonses' just to be different), which I promptly ignored and left for DC, figuring my G-car won't be back in NYC any time soon and my tags came back to a fictitious person at a fictitious address in Maryland, so the parking Nazis wouldn't be able to figure it all out, anyway.
      They are called summonses only because the packet used to write any violation used to be officially called a universal summons. The universal summons could be used to write a parking ticket, a moving violation or a criminal court summons. The parking ticket and the moving violation do not require you to appear in court unless you are disputing it but the criminal court summons does. The cops just started calling everything summonses because regardless of which of the three violations you recieved it came out of a universal summons packet
      BNWS
      Forum Member
      Last edited by BNWS; 06-30-2014, 09:50 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Ok Emmy, I'll try and make this short. I was sent to NYC several times and I think I was down there assisting the NYPD subway guys after terrorists blew up a train in Spain or something like that. My job sent a few of us there when the alert color went to orange I think. So I have a bomb dog and get assigned to the Brooklyn bridge subway station. That station sits right outside City Hall, where Bumblingburg would go to work everyday.
        Now seeing I have a truck and a dog I'm not going to park three blocks from the subway entrance, so everyday I would jump the curb and park fairly close to the subway. This area is huge and my Tahoe being there obstructed no one.
        Well it took about a week for dumbleburg to see my truck parked there and apparently he didn't like it. Through channels I got a call from an NYPD supervisor saying I had 20 minutes to get the truck out of there or it was going to be towed. I asked where they would like me to park and was advised to find a spot on the street..
        I called my Sergeant in Albany and explained the situation and was told to not move the truck and he would get back to me. I assume calls were made after that as we were there to assist NYPD. About an hour later I was told apparently the Mayor doesn't like seeing a troop car down there and we are going to abandon that particular post. NO DOG FOR YOU! Bloomystick.
        So that's it, just funny we were asked to come down and help and bloomjack has a fit about where a truck is parked. All the NYPD guys were great to work with during the details I worked down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rettroop View Post
          Ok Emmy, I'll try and make this short. I was sent to NYC several times and I think I was down there assisting the NYPD subway guys after terrorists blew up a train in Spain or something like that. My job sent a few of us there when the alert color went to orange I think. So I have a bomb dog and get assigned to the Brooklyn bridge subway station. That station sits right outside City Hall, where Bumblingburg would go to work everyday.
          Now seeing I have a truck and a dog I'm not going to park three blocks from the subway entrance, so everyday I would jump the curb and park fairly close to the subway. This area is huge and my Tahoe being there obstructed no one.
          Well it took about a week for dumbleburg to see my truck parked there and apparently he didn't like it. Through channels I got a call from an NYPD supervisor saying I had 20 minutes to get the truck out of there or it was going to be towed. I asked where they would like me to park and was advised to find a spot on the street..
          I called my Sergeant in Albany and explained the situation and was told to not move the truck and he would get back to me. I assume calls were made after that as we were there to assist NYPD. About an hour later I was told apparently the Mayor doesn't like seeing a troop car down there and we are going to abandon that particular post. NO DOG FOR YOU! Bloomystick.
          So that's it, just funny we were asked to come down and help and bloomjack has a fit about where a truck is parked. All the NYPD guys were great to work with during the details I worked down there.
          That's politicians for ya.

Comment

I had a similar situation as RetTroop, when I had to proctor the latest SP exam in Midtown Manhattan. Anyone who has been there knows parking is atrocious. My partner went in to a bodega to grab coffee, while I waited outside in the car. And by car I mean a fully marked SP tahoe, red lights/siren, and my ugly mug, in uniform at the wheel.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Rettroop View Post
              Wow, sounds so Bloomberg. Thanks for posting, Rettroop. Ever since his announcement of trying to regulate the size soda someone drinks, I've taken him for a crackpot and just completely tune him out now. I just don't get that man.

Comment

Just when I thought that not all of the "parking cops" weren't out to get me I run into "Dennis". My partner was inside a building retrieving a prisoner. Being that parking was so bad, I wait at the curb for my partner and a few of the court officers who agreed to help move the prisoner to our vehicle. Should have listened to my buddy and simply pulled into the parking lot. Would have had to deal with my "favorite" Security Guard, but would have been a lot simpler than having to deal with "Dennis".

I'm sitting in the driver's seat with the engine running when "Dennis" walks up.

Dennis: Good afternoon sir, my name is Dennis. I'm a Parking Enforcement Officer and need to ask you to move your vehicle immediately or I will have to issue you a citation.
                Me: This is a passenger loading zone. I'm waiting for my 2 passengers.
                Dennis: Well sir, it's actually a 3 minute passenger loading zone. You've been here for nearly 5 minutes. You're also idling your vehicle, which is bad for the environment and boarder line illegal.
                Me: (Presenting my credentials) Here's the deal, my partner is in the building retrieving a prisoner. Maybe they ran into a slight delay. I'm sure he'll be out shortly. As for "boarder line illegal", what's the law, statute, or ordinance I'm violating? As far as I know, the way the law works is that something is either "illegal" or "legal". No such thing as citing for "boarder line illegal".
                Dennis: Don't get smart with me because you have a badge and a gun. I have the full authority to cite you and will do so if necessary.
                Me: Well then, cite me, because I'm not moving. There's lots of room behind me for other vehicles to load/offload passengers. I'm not gonna circle the block and come back a few minutes later. Doing so would risk the safety of my partner and may facilitate an escape attempt by the prisoner.
                Dennis: Sir, I don't know why you're being so difficult. I'm calling my supervisor.
                Me: You've gotta be kidding. Just write me the cite and I'll take care of it.
                Dennis: No sir, you're gonna pay for the citation.
                Me: Seriously? Just write the cite and I'll send in a check.
                Dennis: I know how you guys work. You're gonna tell the judge that I was rude and unprofessional.
                Me: Uh, yeah. You're acting that way right now.
                Dennis: The police would cite you for this.
                Me: I seriously doubt it. Then again, I'm not exactly familiar with the cops around here. (I spot a uniformed police officer and flag him down).
                Dennis: Hi officer. Would you cite this man for idling his car here for more than 5 minutes?
                Officer: It would depend on the circumstances. Being that he's here with the car, I'm sure his passengers will be out shortly, so no big deal.
                Dennis: But he's messing up the environment by idling the engine and he's been here for nearly 10 minutes.
                Officer: (talking to me) Sir, any reason why you're idling here for this long?
                Me: (presenting my credentials) My partner is inside securing a prisoner. Not sure what the delay is, but I'm sure he'll be out shortly.
                Dennis: You're breaking the law.
                Officer: (speaking to Dennis) Son, you asked me a question, now I'm giving you an answer. I would not cite this man if he stayed here an hour. He has an important job to do and I'm sure other cars can pull up to the curb behind him if they need drop off or pick up someone.
                Dennis: But, but (gets cut off by the officer)
                Officer: I let these things go all the time. Now go do something more important like write the 5 cars over there with expired meters.
                Dennis: I'll be back. (walks away)

The officer and I chatted for a bit and my partner arrived a few minutes later. I sure hope I have better luck with the "Parking Cops" tomorrow.
                Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Comment

Many moons ago before I was a cop I drove an NYPD tow truck. It was a blast but we didn't tow cops ever. We would try to tow the oddest vehicles which I never found any, but I have seen school buses, and a truck mounted childrens small ferris wheel towed in. People hated us and on occasion would be running down the street after us as we towed their car.

Back then (1972/1973) there weren't any Parking Enforcement Officers that I remember. All the citations were written by NYPD scooter cops, or the regular cars working the area.

Comment

I'm just going to leave this here...

Super Secret Ninja Squirrel
                      "SSNS"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

When I was working protection in DC I was outside the whitehouse and watched a meter maid ticket a marked metro cruiser that ran into a Starbucks to grab a coffee. The cop comes out and the meter maid tells him he isn't special and he gets the ticket. She drives off in her little golf cart and immediately gets pulled over by the same cop for an illegal u turn. That was an entertaining day.

Comment

They used to get their a**es kicked quite often in NYC before they were part of the NYPD. They changed thier uniform to blue and put NYPD patches on them so people think twice before punching them.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                            They used to get their a**es kicked quite often in NYC before they were part of the NYPD. They changed thier uniform to blue and put NYPD patches on them so people think twice before punching them.
                            That and sticking their foot under the front tire when the agitated person drives off so they can claim they were assaulted.
                            September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                              That and sticking their foot under the front tire when the agitated person drives off so they can claim they were assaulted.

I've seen that scam too.

Comment

These stories keep getting better

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4289 users online. 230 members and 4059 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X