300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta Love Parking Enforcement

I was getting back to my vehicle yesterday with a transport when I noticed a parking enforcement officer writing my vehicle. I was thinking "Big deal, take the cite and drive on." We get the transport into the vehicle when Ms. Parking Enforcement decides to engage me.

PEO: Excuse me sir, do you realize that your meter is expired, you're too far from the curb, and your wheels should be angled towards the curb?

Me: Uh, no, no, and no. If you don't mind, I have places to be. (while pulling the citation off of the passenger side of the windshield.)

PEO: You're lucky. I could have cited you for all 3, but only cited you for the expired meter.

Me: Don't do me any favors lady, cite for all 3 if that's what you're supposed to do. I don't want to catch any breaks of have a citizen complain that you gave me special treatment. That could get both of us in a lot of trouble that we don't need.

PEO: Some way to treat a fellow cop!

Me: Ok, now I see where this is going. We can discuss this some other time when I'm not transporting someone lady. Now if you don't mind, I have a plane to catch.

PEO: You know, we're all on the same side.

Me: Uh huh. As if you didn't see the cage in the back of the car and the placard on the dash.

PEO: Uh, oh, uh, the placard was displayed on the dash?

Me: Uh, yeah, this one! (I grabbed the placard off of the dash and held it up).

PEO: Uh, oh, I can void the ticket.

Me: Don't bother. I have places to be, and have witnesses to attest to how well you do your job. It will all get sorted out when I send in my written response with their statements. Have a nice day.

PEO: You're an @$$hole!

Me: Good day ma'am. (I drive off)

It's been a while since I ran into a PEO that needed to overcompensate for something. Can't say it wasn't fun, but I'm sure the fallout from my written response when I request the citation be quashed will be stellar.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

You were more patient than I would have been ...
    They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

I had a discussion with a hospital security officer trying to tell me I couldn't park where I chose to on a transport. After I explained that my RED/BLUE lights trumped his AMBER ones , I told him that if they had more than ONE police parking spot at a hospital in a town of 200,000----maybe I wouldn't have to park there.

i just plain refuse to walk a mental health transport down the parking ramp......

Oh yea, I won---------------the hospital CEO agreeed with me.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Funny story, 629. I just have one technical question. She said, "fine way to treat a cop." Are they technically cops?

Comment

Threads like these are puuuuure entertainment. (GoldBadge, can you tell I'm stuck inside today...)

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
            Funny story, 629. I just have one technical question. She said, "fine way to treat a cop." Are they technically cops?
            No. At least I don't think they are in that city. I would have schooled her had I not had a prisoner to transport. Sure wish she stopped me as we were headed into the facility to get the guy. :-(

This would have been an interesting scenario for the TV show "Parking Wars". :-)
            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
              No. At least I don't think they are in that city. I would have schooled her had I not had a prisoner to transport. Sure wish she stopped me as we were headed into the facility to get the guy. :-(

This would have been an interesting scenario for the TV show "Parking Wars". :-)
              There's a show called "Parking Wars" on TV?

I really am sheltered.

Comment

I really am sheltered.
                On A&E. The first couple of seasons were good. Got lame last season.

http://www.aetv.com/parking-wars/video

Comment

I was sitting in my unmarked govt vehicle in an isolated no standing zone in Philly when a meter maid banged on my hood and motioned for me to move. I told her who I was and she told me that she didn't care and she'd have my car towed. I told her to go for it and stood outside my car, belt badge and gun exposed, just staring at her. Then she said, "I don't have time for this," and she walked away.

Comment

I understand that they have a job to do, but they seem to get off writing tickets and booting cars.

Even as a cop, I generally hated writing parking tickets, unless it was just such a blatant violation that affected traffic flow or public safety.

Comment

Parking wars was awesome! THe Detroit ones were great! "You give me a ticket? I pull out my unregistered 1911". That was great TV!

In most areas parking enforcement have basic authority or are considered "public officers" they have the authority to write tickets and violate traffic laws to do it. They are not cops and usually if they are separate, they will cite real deal police.
                      Last edited by RGDS; 06-28-2014, 05:08 PM.
                      semper destravit

Comment

I often wonder how many outstanding parking citations our agency vehicles have on them. Per current policy, they all have standard civi plates. Most of them look like your average vehicle on the street unless they're used for specific purposes (transport, etc). Heck, the greater majority of them are vehicles that have been seized and eventually ended up as asset forfeitures.

Was working a UC detail once and we were issued what appeared to be a vehicle belonging to a former pimp. Dropped Lincoln Navigator with the 15" rims full on "bling". We're parked in a "No Standing Zone". Parking enforcement rolls up and sees the two of us in the vehicle. First thing out of the dude's mouth is "Damn. You guys rolled a pimp?" Chuckling, we ID'd ourselves and the nice parking enforcement officer tells us "You're cool". and walks off.

We get to drive all kinds of vehicles. :-)
                        Last edited by HI629; 06-29-2014, 05:01 AM. Reason: grammar correction

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                          I was sitting in my unmarked govt vehicle in an isolated no standing zone in Philly when a meter maid banged on my hood and motioned for me to move. I told her who I was and she told me that she didn't care and she'd have my car towed. I told her to go for it and stood outside my car, belt badge and gun exposed, just staring at her. Then she said, "I don't have time for this," and she walked away.
                          One time we were on a surveillance and I had a meter maid with an attitude do just about the exact same thing. Banged on the hood-- granted my car was unmarked and not a Crown Vic or anything-- but when I showed her my badge and said we were engaged in an active operation, she said she couldn't care less, and I had to move because it was street sweeping day. I pointed out that the street sweeper had already been by (I saw him earlier) and she said it didn't matter because he might come back. Seriously.

I finally told her to go away or I'd hook her up for interfering with a federal investigation. That seemed to finally register and she waddled back to her Segway and left, but not before flipping me off.

Comment

Had a hospital security officer come on the floor one day demanding i move my marked unit from a police only space,when i explained to him a simple NO.He stated he would have me towed.
                            The look on his face was great when i told him that right before they pull it to write down his name,supervisors name aswell as the wrecker drivers name and info for my report to the hospital administrators and the sheriff since he was requesting me leave a prisoner unattended to move a car from a designated space .That im sure both of them would be able to find a new job at some point in the future in a different county.

My car wasnt towed nor did i move it.

Basically never have to deal with parking cops since 99% of the time were parked in sally ports .
                            Last edited by jdthor; 06-28-2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTR1701 View Post
                              One time we were on a surveillance and I had a meter maid with an attitude do just about the exact same thing. Banged on the hood-- granted my car was unmarked and not a Crown Vic or anything-- but when I showed her my badge and said we were engaged in an active operation, she said she couldn't care less, and I had to move because it was street sweeping day. I pointed out that the street sweeper had already been by (I saw him earlier) and she said it didn't matter because he might come back. Seriously.

I finally told her to go away or I'd hook her up for interfering with a federal investigation. That seemed to finally register and she waddled back to her Segway and left, but not before flipping me off.
                              We've had similar situations in NYC involving street sweepers and our enforcement operations. I know of two incidents where parking enforcement agents were arrested. One arrest was by an ASAC (assistant special agent in charge).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10755 users online. 458 members and 10297 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X