300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Khatalla Here in DC Court?

If you're of the mind terrorists should be read Miranda rights as if they're American citizens (roll eyes) ....and you're so against putting terrorists in Gitmo....and you insist on using American Courts..... why not at least do it in New York where the courts have expertise? Or even Alexandria?

Why is it right smack in the middle of the heart of DC beside the White House? This make sense to anyone?

easier to have secret meetings thru the Kennedy tunnels

Comment

Originally posted by jdthor View Post
      easier to have secret meetings thru the Kennedy tunnels
      I literally spit up the hot tea I'm drinking for a sore throat. That was funny on so many levels.

Comment

The US Marshals Service is pretty darned good at adapting; however, absent having his proceedings in Gitmo or a federal court in a sparsely populated area, the Southern District of New York in Manhattan would be better. Without going into too much details, they have good physical security available and plans are already in place from when they thought KSM would be tried there.
        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
          The US Marshals Service is pretty darned good at adapting; however, absent having his proceedings in Gitmo or a federal court in a sparsely populated area, the Southern District of New York in Manhattan would be better. Without going into too much details, they have good physical security available and plans are already in place from when they thought KSM would be tried there.
          Exactly. That's why I'm so puzzled.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
            Exactly. That's why I'm so puzzled.
            Emma,

It is a conspiracy.
            Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
              Emma,

It is a conspiracy.
              LOL, retired, I don't believe in conspiracies. Especially those that involve the government. I subscribe to incompetence theories.

But seriously, why not go with New York? I'm trying to figure out the reasoning.

Not to mention DC will become one big traffic jam. Which would be great if it stopped stupid things coming from our government, but it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                But seriously, why not go with New York? I'm trying to figure out the reasoning.
                Why have you even considered that there is any reasoning with any of our government officials? They're all the same.

Personally I don't care where the trial is.
                Retired

Comment

I have a bigger question (actually two)

1) Why do we even know his name, or for that matter his existence?

2) Why is he still breathing?.....and not buried in a shallow grave, wrapped in a pig skin?
                  The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                    .......................2) Why is he still breathing?.....and not buried in a shallow grave, wrapped in a pig skin?
                    Personally, I'd prefer a pile of ash with a stream of USMC urine soaking it in the Libyan desert.
                    Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
                    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
                    ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                      I have a bigger question (actually two)

1) Why do we even know his name, or for that matter his existence?

2) Why is he still breathing?.....and not buried in a shallow grave, wrapped in a pig skin?
                      Because Obama is seriously bending over backwards to try to show the world that the US isn't a "bully" and that we can "play nice". Unfortunately (as Neville Chamberlain found out), that approach don't work.
                      It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

If the tunnels do exist maybe Obammy is getting lonely on his prayer rug and wants some company.

Comment

Originally posted by PtownVAMike View Post
                          Because Obama is seriously bending over backwards to try to show the world that the US isn't a "bully" and that we can "play nice". Unfortunately (as Neville Chamberlain found out), that approach don't work.
                          And if this oxygen thief had simply disappeared without a trace, the world would have never been the wiser.....retaining the false (and naïve) view that we should even play 'nice' with these animals...
                          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Which court handled the last Ambassador's murder? New York or DC? Maybe has something to do with that or is it venue shopping?

I too was wondering why it wasn't held in NYC.
                            semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
                              Which court handled the last Ambassador's murder? New York or DC? Maybe has something to do with that or is it venue shopping?

I too was wondering why it wasn't held in NYC.
                              RGDS, DC has never been a venue for terrorist trials. NY and Alexandria, VA, but not DC.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3978 users online. 219 members and 3759 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X