X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Air Marshal Book - Personal Memoir

New book coming out on Air Marshals.

Website is www.unsecureskies.com

That's something I'd put on my reading list....because like most of us, I still can't avoid having to fly.

Would be curious to see if there are any surpising revelations. Knowing book publishers, probably will be.

Comment

I was never a Federal Air Marshal, even though I was required to sit in as one post 9/11 until they could build up their ranks, and I've flown armed countless times in my career as a FLEO. I say all this because I know what goes on in airplanes.

There are not FAMs on every flight and they have internal strife and some morale problems like many other agencies. This will not be a big expose. Save your money. The skies are much safer than pre-9/11, no matter how he chooses to spin it.
      I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
        I was never a Federal Air Marshal, even though I was required to sit in as one post 9/11 until they could build up their ranks, and I've flown armed countless times in my career as a FLEO. I say all this because I know what goes on in airplanes.

There are not FAMs on every flight and they have internal strife and some morale problems like many other agencies. This will not be a big expose. Save your money. The skies are much safer than pre-9/11, no matter how he chooses to spin it.
        Well now this should be a good debate. Thanks for your insight, G.

Comment

Kinda reminds me of the last "tell all."

http://forums.officer.com/t193577/

Comment

Its not on Amazon yet, not even pre order or coming soon

Comment

Sad that one of his bio things is "He was awarded the Distinguished Honor Graduate Award for his air marshal training class" Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Kraut0783 View Post
                He was awarded the Distinguished Honor Graduate Award for his air marshal training class
                An award not that hard to get.

Comment

I was both an augmentee and a full-time FAM after 9/11 (for just shy of a year), and I agree with GoldBadge. In fact, I think things are a lot better now than they were when I was there, with the higher-ups busy trying make every FAM into a Secret Service clone.
                  "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

I heard that you guys loved wearing suits on those Florida runs when all the other passengers were wearing shorts and flip flops.

Comment

I am familiar with the author and had a chance to sample the book. It will undoubtedly be controversial. It gets into a lot of the training and is an autobiographical account of his time in the FAMS and some fraud he witnessed and other affairs and issues most FAMs have seen over the years.

Comment

That's what I never understood. How could you have an "overt presence" when your entire mission is "covert". I was never interested in joining FAMs, but that requirement (which sounded very inflexible) was totally absurd.
                        semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
                          That's what I never understood. How could you have an "overt presence" when your entire mission is "covert". I was never interested in joining FAMs, but that requirement (which sounded very inflexible) was totally absurd.
                          Because the USSS Mafia types are retarded. They expected everyone to be just like USSS SA's with suits/ties/haircuts/and military trimmed staches if you chose to wear one....

As stated, nothing like flying from BWI to Orlando on SW on a Friday afternoon....and being in a suit...while everyone else is in shorts/tees and flip flops....

Comment

Pre-order

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
                            There's a lot of stories in their about that stuff. He doesn't pull any punches.
                            I just pre-ordered a copy before the SS-mafia goes and has it removed. Says its being released on the 24th, but up for pre-order now.

Comment

I heard that you guys loved wearing suits on those Florida runs when all the other passengers were wearing shorts and flip flops.
                              Even more fun than that was when the supervisors would cruise around DCA and Dulles looking for FAM's who were not dressed in accordance with the "new" dress code mandates and try to discipline them for it.

We called 'em the "Jacket Police." I always wondered: how meaningless is your role as a leader if that's what you're spending your time doing?

There are several agencies where people can say "I've worked for X; so I can handle anything..." ( as far as favoritism, nepotism, being generally treated like crap, etc.)

One was the old INS. Being a FAM right after 9/11 wasn't as bad, but it rates "Honorable Mention," IMO.
                              "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5391 users online. 273 members and 5118 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X