Clear All

• Family of Dead Criminal call for stricter gun laws

Cliffs:

- Dude goes to rob place at gun point
    - Customer with legal CCW takes dude out
    - Family of dude calls for stricter gun laws
    - No, I'm not making this up...

Family of Man Shot While Robbing a Waffle House Calls for Stricter Gun Laws

The family of a North Carolina man who was shot and killed while committing an armed robbery is calling for stricter gun laws.

Dante Williams, 19, and his accomplice Jawan Craig walked into the Waffle House restaurant and "terrorized" the customers in 2012 intent on robbing it at gun point. Upon being approached by Williams, gun in hand, one of the patrons, Justin Harrison – who also had a concealed weapon on him but had an actual permit for it – shot Williams in self-defense, killing him "almost instantly," according to a Fox News affiliate in North Carolina. Fox only recently acquired the video footage from the 2012 incident.

Craig tried wrestling the gun away from Harrison but couldn't and fled the scene. He was later apprehended and sentenced to 30 years in prison for participating in the robbery.

Williams's cousin Tamika McSwain is saying that although what he did was wrong, he shouldn't have died and is calling for stricter gun laws. In the video, she specifically cites Harrison in her argument, asserting that tougher regulations for the acquirement of concealed weapon permits may have prevented her cousin's death.

McSwain said her cousin obtained the gun through the crowd the teen hung out with – "the wrong crowd," she said, while noting that she believes more training is needed for CWP carriers, specifically Harrison.

Harrison, however, says he did what he had to do. David Blanton, who was Harrison's CWP instructor, reviewed the video and said Harrison followed his training and was justified in firing, notes Fox.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...icter-Gun-Laws
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

I guess Tamika doesn't realize that not robbing a place would have prevented Dante's death. Just when he was about to turn his life around too ...

Comment

Obviously, Dante and Jawan just made some bad choices in life. To Dante: Enjoy your dirt-nap. To Jawan: Enjoy your vacation compliments of the tax-payers of North Carolina. To the families of Dante and Jawan: STFU; your POS cousin / son / brother or whatever committed a violent crime and met up with a law-abiding person who elected to be a non-victim. Teach your children well and let them learn from Dante and Jawan's mistake.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
        To the families of Dante and Jawan: STFU; your POS cousin / son / brother or whatever committed a violent crime and met up with a law-abiding person who elected to be a non-victim. Teach your children well and let them learn from Dante and Jawan's mistake.
        Hopefully his family won't be reproducing.
        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
          Hopefully his family won't be reproducing.
          I wouldnt hold my breath on that one....chances are we are already too late on it.

Comment

With the citizens here (at least our frequent-flyers), I find that only the FIRST names change.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

Comment

In the video, she specifically cites Harrison in her argument, asserting that tougher regulations for the acquirement of concealed weapon permits may have prevented her cousin's death.
              Mm, possibly, but I think if her cousin wasn't a violent felonious dirtbag, that would have prevented his death. It could have prevented all kinds of misery for him and many other people, if he'd only followed a few rules that humans should live by.

waahmbulance.jpg
              --
              Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

The ONLY part of this story that is sad: The law-abiding citizen will probably get sued. Not that the POS family will prevail, but I am saddened that Mr. Harrison may have to spend his valuable time and hard-earned money defending a wrongful death suit.

Miyamoto Musashi

Comment

Stricter gun laws so scum like your cousin are the only ones with guns? Yeah, no thanks. Stories like this always amaze me. What is that saying? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDude913 View Post
                    Stricter gun laws so scum like your cousin are the only ones with guns? Yeah, no thanks.
                    I saved my best part for last. Her entire thought-process is obviously flawed. If everyone would just follow the gun laws which are in place, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I would bet that it is illegal in the state of North Carolina for a person to use a gun to take (or attempt to take) stuff from people.

Miyamoto Musashi

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                      I guess Tamika doesn't realize that not robbing a place would have prevented Dante's death. Just when he was about to turn his life around too ...
                      It seems dangerous to turn one's life around. That's when everyone gets shot.
                      "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                      -Chris Rock

Comment

Typical...It's everyone elses fault.
                        Last edited by BNWS; 07-23-2014, 08:43 AM. Reason: mispell

Comment

Stricter gun laws? You mean laws that would have kept the scum from getting a gun so they wouldn't have done the stick-up in the first place??

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
                            It seems dangerous to turn one's life around. That's when everyone gets shot.
                            Exactly. If you are a criminal, you best stay a criminal because getting ready to turn your life around gives you about a 100% chance of being killed.

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshire ripoff
                              Baby Mama's need to stop hatching out so many illegitimate children then maybe they wont grow up needing then taking because there arent enough resources to feed them all within the "community" and welfare system.

There's a chick living next to me,already had 2 babies in high school,just had a new born at 23 and Im sure she'll be working on a 4rth or 5th by next year.And the daddy or daddies is no where to be seen ofcourse.

In my life time Ive known 4 people that were victims of gun violence at the hands of "Bae Bae's kids" a police officer,2 gun store owners(father and son) and a former church member.

Better they get dead then vice versa.
                              Is your neighbor hot?
                              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2976 users online. 149 members and 2827 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X