Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in love.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...lowTwt_PHBrand

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

I've always said that the people that break into houses at night and people that rob business are the scariest people. You never know what you're going to encounter, whether it be a retired secret service member / LEO or an armed forces vet.
    On this job, the only thing that's black and white is the car. -Peter Malloy

Always do what's right, and if you do what's right, you won't have a problem. -My Father

R.I.P. Dad, 3/11/56 - 5/15/14

Comment

I see this was in Pennsylvania. In New Jersey, the woman would have been likely stabbed to death. Maybe because of her LE background, she could have gotten the proper permit in New Jersey, but otherwise, not likely: the state of New Jersey would prefer her to get stabbed or shot (rather than allow her to defend herself). Correct me if I'm wrong.
      https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Originally posted by Max K View Post
        I see this was in Pennsylvania. In New Jersey, the woman would have been likely stabbed to death. Maybe because of her LE background, she could have gotten the proper permit in New Jersey, but otherwise, not likely: the state of New Jersey would prefer her to get stabbed or shot (rather than allow her to defend herself). Correct me if I'm wrong.
        Not wrong at all.

Comment

Some dumb basterd will cry out she should not have shot him cause he only had a knife. keep checking the comments on social media. Glad it worked out for her. as for the bad guy he won't do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by btfp View Post
            Some dumb basterd will cry out she should not have shot him cause he only had a knife. keep checking the comments on social media. Glad it worked out for her. as for the bad guy he won't do it again.
            How can you be so sure? Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

The possibility of being shot while committing a crime might not be a deterrent, but ending up dead sure as hell cures recidivism.
              --
              Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Originally posted by RR_Security View Post
                The possibility of being shot while committing a crime might not be a deterrent, but ending up dead sure as hell cures recidivism.
                The more often it happens, the more of a deterrent it will become.

Comment

^^^ True enough. I can't find who said it or the exact wording, but it was centuries ago when someboday commented about men being more civil when they don't know who might be armed.

Many criminals aren't good at eisk/benefit analysis, but eventually they might smarten up. And when enough people refuse to be victims . . .
                  Last edited by RR_Security; 06-26-2014, 09:16 PM.
                  --

Comment

“One of us is walking out of the door and it’s gonna be me.”
                    I just accidentally all over myself.

Frankly, I was shocked not to see the bleeding hearts in the comments yet. "Why you gotta kill my baby?" Cause he put a knife to my chest stupid. I guess most folk don't realize that criminals like this eventually escalate and kill his victims. This lady did the world a great favor.

Comment

Originally posted by RR_Security View Post
                      ^^^ True enough. I can't find who said it or the exact wording, but it was centuries ago when someboday commented about men being more civil when they don't know who might be armed.
                      Was is this one, attributed to Thomas Jefferson :

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
                      https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

I think that's the one. I believe that's the one where Jefferson was quoting Cesare Marquis Beccaria-Bonesana, who I thought was from a much earlier era than Jefferson. Beccaria wrote his On Crimes and Punishments in 1764.

I didn't know until I read the Wikipedia page that Beccaria was opposed to the death penalty.
                        --

Comment

Thank you Ms Doyle for brightening my day.

Comment

Almost as good as watching a Bruce Willis movie.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5498 users online. 315 members and 5183 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X