300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Who Tried to Stop Cop-Killer Mourned

It's very moving to me and important for the public to see, that LE not only honors those who fall in the line of duty, but those who fall trying to assist, be they LE or not. The man who died, and in his trying likely saved additional lives, was honored by LE and LE attended his funeral. The media essentially ignores those not LE who step up to assist (happens far more often than most realize) and will usually undermine their involvement, but LE did not:

Man Who Tried to Stop Cop-Killer Mourned

"Nearly 400 people, including law enforcement officers, attended a memorial service Sunday in Las Vegas for Joseph Wilcox, 31.

He was fatally shot at a Wal-Mart after Jerad and Amanda Miller killed Officers Igor Soldo and Alyn Beck at a nearby pizza shop minutes before, declaring the start of a revolution.

Wilcox saw the shooters at the Wal-Mart on June 8 and pulled out his legally concealed handgun to stop them, but was shot by Amanda Miller. He was returning computer equipment at the time. The Millers died after a shootout with police at the store.

Sheriff Doug Gillespie eulogized Wilcox as a hero, saying his actions allowed other shoppers to safely leave the store.

"He made the decision to put his life in danger to help hundreds of others in the store," Gillespie said. "He is a man friends and family and the entire community should be proud of
    ."

RIP Mr. Wilcox. Your sacrifice was not in vain and was not overlooked.

http://www.officer.com/news/11532414...killer-mourned
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Mr. Wilcox stepped up and did what was right. We need more men and women like him. LEO's can't do it alone.

Mr. Wilcox RIP and may your children know that you too died a hero.
    Last edited by moparfan; 06-25-2014, 04:32 PM.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Right on WillBrink, Sir, God rest and keep the Officers and their comrade at arms.
      Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 06-24-2014, 05:37 PM.

Comment

This is a shining example of what it means to be an American and a gun owner.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
          This is a shining example of what it means to be an American and a gun owner.
          Would have been that much better had he taken one, or both, with him in that attempt, but life is not always fair, and his attempt and sacrifice not lost on the community, LE and non.

What really ****es me off will be the anti gun types who will view it, and attempt to use it, as a failure on his part, and of civilian gun ownership in general.
          - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Originally posted by WillBrink View Post
            Would have been that much better had he taken one, or both, with him in that attempt, but life is not always fair, and his attempt and sacrifice not lost on the community, LE and non.

What really ****es me off will be the anti gun types who will view it, and attempt to use it, as a failure on his part, and of civilian gun ownership in general.
            They already have. They're using it as an example of "See, your whole good guy with a gun meme is false." They conveniently avoid discussing how things actually happened.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAJ View Post
              They already have. They're using it as an example of "See, your whole good guy with a gun meme is false." They conveniently avoid discussing how things actually happened.
              They always do avoid the facts in such discussions. I do think their doing that will back fire on them as most people at the very least - regardless of where they stand on guns - will find it in poor taste to use Wilcox for their anti gun agenda, and no on in LE (other than perhaps some higher ups appointed by anti gun/anti Liberty politicians...) will agree with it.

If they use Wilcox for their agenda, I think it will turn many on the fence on the issue against them and will expose them as opportunists they are looking to use a tragedy to forward their agenda.
              - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshire ripoff
                Man such a sad story but this is the world we live in.As an NRA instructor myself though I am very proud of what he did and that wasnt dying trying to be a hero but heroically stepping up when nobody else could.I dont know if I could have that much courage in the face of such imminent danger.It easy to talk about what you would do and what training and experience you have,its another to act in a way that you know is risking the one life you have when a situation like this comes into play.RIP Joseph Wilcox you are indeed a hero.
                It is a sh&% story to be sure, but I think it's clear his action did save lives that day. Their plan was he was going to start shooting customers until LE showed up, and she'd act like customer, catching arriving LE off guard and maximizing LE death toll. Probably would have worked too had Mr Wilcox not taken action and been shot by her via their trap set.

I have very little doubt his actions saves lives that day.
                - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Originally posted by JustAJ View Post
                  I agree 100%. But it doesnt change the facts of the matter. They can run, hide or misinterpret the merits of arming good people. After all, thats what they do. But what remains a fact is that the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4976 users online. 168 members and 4808 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X