300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing Illegal Immigrants at the Border Patrol Academy

Apparently, the administration and agency leadership think that this is a good idea.

http://www.10news.com/news/sources-i...-to-new-mexico

Sources: Children moved from Texas to New Mexico

SAN DIEGO - For the first time, a bus caravan carrying 800 unaccompanied minors, along with some families with children, is heading from South Texas to a Border Patrol training academy in Artesia, N.M., according to Team10 sources.

The sources told 10News Friday that New Mexico state officials just learned about the effort, and their first reactions were anger and dismay for not being included in the decision-making process.

As explained to Team10, this group of 800 being moved to a Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia is just the first of several more such transfers. The U.S. government is under pressure to deal with the wave of unaccompanied minors coming into the country, in particular, through Texas. The plan would use the academy as a processing center for the expected thousands. Over the next two weeks more buses will be arriving.

Earlier this month, The Associated Press reported that the U.S. is seeing a surge of immigrants from Central America due to rampant crime there, with a large number of those being unaccompanied children who are seeking to join their families. President Barack Obama has called the issue a crisis and has since appointed the Federal Emergency Management Agency to lead the government's response.

Hondurans, Salvadorans and Guatemalans are making up about 75 percent of those caught in South Texas, the AP reports. Authorities arrested more than 47,000 unaccompanied children on the border from October 2013 through May 2014, up 92 percent from the same period a year earlier. Unlike Mexicans who can be deported the same day with a short bus ride, Central Americans must be sent home on U.S. government flights, an expensive process.

Meanwhile, there have been allegations of abuse of children who are in U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the AP reports. The Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project and four other groups filed a complaint which had 116 allegations of abuse of children who were in CBP custody. The report claimed 80 percent received inadequate food and water, about half were denied medical care, and about one of every four was physically abused.

One issue that needs to be addressed immediately, according to 10News’ sources, is dealing with the large number of juveniles who will be staying on what is an active training academy housing younger recruits entering the Border Patrol service.

The details regarding exactly how the immigrants will be housed and how many would be held in Artesia were not immediately confirmed.
    Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

So a federal law enforcement agency is violating the federal law they are supposed to enforce?

What could go wrong?
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
      So a federal law enforcement agency is violating the federal law they are supposed to enforce?

What could go wrong?
      Not quite sure I understand? Are you suggesting that a federal law enforcement agency is violating the law? Which agency, and which law, because I assure you that none of this is the fault of the agents of the Border Patrol.
      Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

I never said anything about the agents.
        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Put them on planes with accompanying border patrol agents and send them all back from whence they came. If we do this enough the word will get out to not come in the first place, hopefully.

Comment

Why not? That way, the new agents can see the people who will have them prosecuted for doing their job. Zero listens to the illegals.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

As long as we have the radical liberal in office (and senate), the flow of undocumented future democrat voters will continue to flood traditionally red states. The political agenda there couldn't be more clear and obvious.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6100 users online. 349 members and 5751 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X