Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do u handle this?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do u handle this?

    So yesterday’s posts got me thinking. Ok so while out to eat the other night with the fam at our fav Mexican place, My wife gives me the look over there head nod. This guy walks in with his family he is open carrying what looks like a hi point 45 in a el chepo holster, I of course take mental note and go back to my mucho burrito. Well when this dude sits down and the gun falls out and hits the floor not once but 2 times during the course of diner!! after the second time I got up and walked by and said hey buddy you might want try and secure your weapon a little better. His response was "hey buddy you might want to mind your own fu#king business" not going to lie caught me off guard! I had just come from the pool so I was not carrying and was not in the town where I work. So I just bit my tounge and I let it go. The whole open carry thing is HUGE around where I am right now. and I have very mixed feelings about it. Hey it is your right I understand that but use some common sence.

  • #2
    I have no issues with people exercising their rights as long as it is in responsible manner. Carrying a firearm comes with greater responsibilities and it sounds like the person you've encountered probably has no concept of being responsible. He'll be one of those people we'll see on news with headline saying "Gun fell out of his holster and shot him accidentally, now looking to file a lawsuit against holster and a gun manufacturer."

    Comment


    • #3
      You only hope he accidentally shoots himself and not someone else. That would be criminally negligent.
      “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Gunnersmate323 View Post
        So I just bit my tounge and I let it go. The whole open carry thing is HUGE around where I am right now. and I have very mixed feelings about it. Hey it is your right I understand that but use some common sence.
        Obviously, you did the right thing by letting it go. You planted the seed of responsibility in his tiny little mind, his inadequacies manifested themselves and came out through his big mouth. You cannot force someone to be responsible or teach them common sense.

        “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

        Miyamoto Musashi

        “Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

        George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

        Comment


        • #5
          I wouldn't have done anything other than observe.

          Maybe laugh a bit to myself about him Carrying a HiPoint but other than that, It really wasn't any of your business.

          You can legislate intellegence
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

          My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

          Comment


          • #6
            The same sort of situation happened to me last Friday at Texas Roadhouse. The wife and I were at a table near the bar, and a guy who looked like a dollar store "Dog the Bounty Hunter" came in with cuffs dangling from the small of his back, and a bulge in his back pocket as he bellied up to the bar.
            I left it alone, as I was enjoying an adult malt beverage, and like you, not in my JD, but what ****ed me off was that from that point on I was on alert- worse than being at work, because I had my wife to protect if something happened.

            I'm torn on open carry- Yes I believe good folks can stop an active shooter- a great thing.
            BUT
            Will they have adequate training, and remember the responsibility of protecting others from cross fire in a crowded restaurant? There are probably as many idiots who open carry as there are good guys who open carry.
            SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
            SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!



            In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
              The same sort of situation happened to me last Friday at Texas Roadhouse. The wife and I were at a table near the bar, and a guy who looked like a dollar store "Dog the Bounty Hunter" came in with cuffs dangling from the small of his back, and a bulge in his back pocket as he bellied up to the bar.
              I left it alone, as I was enjoying an adult malt beverage, and like you, not in my JD, but what ****ed me off was that from that point on I was on alert- worse than being at work, because I had my wife to protect if something happened.

              I'm torn on open carry- Yes I believe good folks can stop an active shooter- a great thing.
              BUT
              Will they have adequate training, and remember the responsibility of protecting others from cross fire in a crowded restaurant? There are probably as many idiots who open carry as there are good guys who open carry.
              Exactly how I feel! I was a small arms instructor in the military and these are high speed guardians of the free world that went to the range more than 99% of the people in the world and still threw a few or I didn’t fully trust with a gun lol! And now in law enforcement its the same we are required to re qual all the time with judgmental and practical courses. I have honestly used my weapon in the line of duty ONE time and it was to shoot a ostrich that was trying to kill an inmate worker at a Co farm. And it was pretty intense and I was at the range firing guns all most every day! can’t imagine how it would feel to have to use it to protect my family. These people that just buy a gun watch a few youtube videos maybe shoot a few cans here and there scare the crap out of me.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Gunnersmate323 View Post
                ...... I have honestly used my weapon in the line of duty ONE time and it was to shoot a ostrich .......

                PLEASE tell me there is video!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I would have first asked for the manager and told him that I felt uncomfortable with this guy cause it fell out of the holster not once, but twice and I didn't feel safe and let him handle it.

                  If it wasn't resolved then, I'd call the local PD and tell them the same thing. Regardless if you have a permit and carry open or concealed there is still a responsibility to carry safely.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Shush View Post
                    PLEASE tell me there is video!!!!!
                    Lol I wish! This was back before camera phones, funny story though, a sheriff talked this inmate into getting him an ostrich egg for some reason, inmate jumped the gate got the egg and was almost back over when the ostrich went ape **** and starting pecking him in the head which I assume was like being hit with a sharp sledge hammer, then it jumped up and started kicking him it got him on the ground and was fuc$king him up! After I was able to stop laughing long enough to realize that it was killing him I put about 5 rounds in it before it dropped!
                    Inmate ended up with a fractured eye socket 3 broke ribs and 45 stitches, morale of the story don't f with an ostrich!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Last time my sister (CCW holder) and her boyfriend (also a cop) were in town, we all went out to eat and all carried under our coats since it was January. As we are eating, young dude (early 20's) comes in with a Glock 23 in a SERPA sportster open carried, no coat. We all looked at each other and shared a laugh since it was obvious that he hadn't worn a coat just so people would see he had a gun. He sits down at the table next to ours and my 4 year old niece looks at the guy then at me and my sister's BF and asked "Is he a ca-police man, too?" Before I could say anything, my sister says "No, he's just a target for the bad guys. That's why (uncle) and (bf) only open carry while wearing a bullet proof vest". Dude turned bright red and moved to the other side of the dining room.
                      Originally posted by Ceridwen
                      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hence the problem....at least in my jurisdiction the large majority of OCers probably don't have business carrying at all. I understand in some areas that's the only way to carry and the majority there are responsible, but in my neck of the woods concealed carry is the common practice. They can choose to carry either way, but most carry concealed. I have found historically here that OCers are simply baiters.
                        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          you should have squirted him with some of that Mexican hot sauce.
                          September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Open carry in an urban environment is for chodes. It's like guys that wear a hoodie without sleeves. Yeah, I see your biceps (2A rights), but is it really necessary when you could wear sleeves?

                            I'm all for everyone carrying a weapon, but be tactful about it. You're not impressing anyone.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Gunnersmate323 View Post
                              Lol I wish! This was back before camera phones, funny story though, a sheriff talked this inmate into getting him an ostrich egg for some reason, inmate jumped the gate got the egg and was almost back over when the ostrich went ape **** and starting pecking him in the head which I assume was like being hit with a sharp sledge hammer, then it jumped up and started kicking him it got him on the ground and was fuc$king him up! After I was able to stop laughing long enough to realize that it was killing him I put about 5 rounds in it before it dropped!
                              Inmate ended up with a fractured eye socket 3 broke ribs and 45 stitches, morale of the story don't f with an ostrich!
                              This is one of the funniest stories I ever heard. We should start a thread.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4410 users online. 271 members and 4139 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X