X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five reported dead in police ambush

Now I am peed off. This was uncalled for

FIVE REPORTED DEAD IN POLICE AMBUSH
    Two Las Vegas police officers and a civilian were reportedly killed Sunday in an apparent ambush attack at a pizza store that spilled over to a nearby Walmart store, where the two shooters killed themselves.
    Details are sketchy and police have not yet confirmed the death of the officers, but sources within the Las Vegas Police Department say the officer and another were shot and killed by a man and a woman who approached them as they ate lunch at the CiCi’s Pizza store.
    One officer was reportedly dead at the scene, while the other died later in surgery. Both were assigned to the Northeast Area Command.
    Witnesses told police one yelled “This is the start of a revolution” before shooting the officers. The shooters then stripped the officers of their weapons and ammunition and went into the Walmart at 201 North Nellis.
    Witnesses at the scene reported hearing shots fired in quick succession inside the WalMart.
    http://www.reviewjournal.com
    There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”
    ― John E. Douglas, Journey Into Darkness.

6 Things you don't mess with.
    MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

MY HONOR AND THE THIN BLUE LINE

Sheriff Doug Gillespie identified the officers as Alyn Beck, 42, and Igor Soldo, 32. He said no motive for the attack has been determined.

A law enforcement official who has been briefed on the incident said one officer was refilling a soft-drink when the female shooter approached him from behind and shot him in the head, killing him instantly.

The woman then shot the other officer several times as he was trying to draw his pistol. Initial reports indicate that Soldo was the officer shot at the soda machine, but that has not been confirmed. Gillespie did say one of the officers was able to fire back.

Witnesses told police one of the shooters yelled “This is the start of a revolution” before shooting the officers. Gillespie later said he could not confirm the shooters said that.

The shooters then stripped the officers of their weapons and ammunition and went into the Walmart across the street at 201 North Nellis.

At a news conference at about 1 p.m. Assistant Sheriff Kevin McMahill said the male shooter, described as a tall white man, yelled “everyone get out” before shooting.

One unconfirmed report is that the two exchanged gunfire with a citizen who was carrying a concealed weapon, and that one of the shooters was injured.

Gillespie confirmed someone, whose name has not yet been released, was shot and killed just inside the front doors of the Walmart.

As Metro officers entered the front and back doors of the store they exchanged gunfire with the shooters, Gillespie said.

The female shooter then shot and wounded her accomplice before shooting herself in the head, a law enforcement official said. The man then shot and killed himself. Their identities have not been released by police.

Metro asked for any available off-duty officers to work Sunday afternoon. Patrol squads were doubling up so each officer would have a partner, sources said. Metro officers usually patrol solo, but Gillespie said they would continue to ride with partners in the coming days while the investigation continues.

Read entire article: http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/la...s-vegas-ambush
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Comment

RIP brothers.
      "Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
      Watch your words, for they become actions.
      Watch your actions, for they become habits.
      Watch your habits, for they become character.
      Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

Rest in Peace, Officers.

Comment

Sounds pretty crazy so far. RIP Officers and the woman that suffered the ultimate temper tantrum from the deranged couple. Insanity seems to be in full supply these days.

Comment

RIP Officers and civilians...

Rot in Hell shooters.
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob2899 View Post
              One unconfirmed report is that the two exchanged gunfire with a citizen who was carrying a concealed weapon, and that one of the shooters was injured.

Has that been confirmed? It's a sad reality that LEOs should have to act like old school gun fighters and mobsters, but if eating in a public place, taking a corner table and keep your back to the wall with a full view of the place seems warranted.

RIP officers.
              - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

I can't ****ing stand it when they include the suspects in the death toll.

God damn it. RIP.

Comment

This is why I believe police should begin militarizing now.
                  There is a war being openly declared on law enforcement and it is time for police to begin preparing for a war.

Comment

RIP officers and the civilian who tried to intervene. I hope the parents of the shooters are ashamed of the parasites they inflicted upon the world.

Originally posted by altaccount1992 View Post
                    There is a war being openly declared on law enforcement and it is time for police to begin preparing for a war.
                    Not that I'm opposed to quite a healthy dose of it, but what would militarization have done here? Officers shouldn't have to wear plate carriers and have someone covering them with a rifle to get drink refills.

It is hard to prepare for true nut cases that are prepared to die for their lunacy.

Remain paranoid folks. Regretfully, people like these actually do somehow exist.
                    Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 06-09-2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                      I can't ****ing stand it when they include the suspects in the death toll.

God damn it. RIP.
                      Don't you realize, the people who pulled the trigger are victims just like the officers and the civillian. The ONLY suspects here are those evil guns.
                      I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                        RIP officers and the civilian who tried to intervene. I hope the parents of the shooters are ashamed of the parasites they inflicted upon the world.

Not that I'm opposed to quite a healthy dose of it, but what would militarization have done here? Officers shouldn't have to wear plate carriers and have someone covering them with a rifle to get drink refills.

It is hard to prepare for true nut cases that are prepared to die for their lunacy.

Remain paranoid folks. Regretfully, people like these actually do somehow exist.
                        It may not have stopped these particular deaths but since criminal and the sovereign citizen terrorist group are now beginning to heavily arm themselves with full body armor, assault rifles, grenade launchers, IED's,etc the police should begin to discontinue their regular uniforms of a dress shirt and a small handgun holstered on the side and instead make the move to resemble infantry combat soldiers.
                        I also would not mind if the Posse Comitatus Act gets nullified.
                        Last edited by altaccount1992; 06-09-2014, 12:13 PM.

Comment

RIP, officers and to the brave CCW civilian that became involved.

As for the PPP suspects.....I hope they rot in hell.
                          Originally posted by JasperST
                          "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
                          It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

The neighbor, Krista Koch, told the station the man also sometimes dressed as Slenderman, a fictional horror character that recently surfaced in the stabbing of a 12-year-old girl in Wisconsin.

Koch also told the station the couple had told her they were going to carry out an attack, but she thought they were "crazy," so she dismissed what they said.
                            She dismissed what they said, and now 2 officers, 1 civilian, and 2 turdballs are dead.

Dear Society,
                            We are not your enemy.

Sincerely,
                            Shush

Comment

Originally posted by altaccount1992 View Post
                              What exactly do you mean by militarizing?
                              Retired

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3517 users online. 187 members and 3330 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X