Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drunk racist GA CCW holder shoots uniformed officer working security in the back

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunk racist GA CCW holder shoots uniformed officer working security in the back

RIP Officer Kevin Jordan

Griffin officer shot and killed at Waffle House

A 43-year-old Griffin police officer and father of seven was only doing his job when he was shot and killed outside of a Waffle House early this morning while working an off-duty security job in full uniform, his brother said.

Raymond Jordan was there when Griffin police say Michael D. Bowman, 30, shot Officer Kevin Jordan multiple times. Raymond Jordan ultimately shot Bowman, who is in stable condition at Atlanta Medical Center.

“I don’t want to be bitter,” Raymond Jordan told Channel 2 Action News. “But the only regret I have is that I didn’t kill him.”

He told the television station that Bowman, Chantell Mixon and Tyler Taylor were drunk when they came to the Waffle House at 1702 North Expressway. He claimed the trio used racial slurs and did not respect his brother, an ex-Marine who had been with the Griffin Police Department for four years.

In a statement, Griffin police only said that Bowman, Mixon and Taylor caused a disturbance and were asked to leave the restaurant around 2:20 a.m. Saturday. An altercation spilled into the parking lot, where Officer Kevin Jordan tried to arrest Mixon, Officer Mike Richardson with the Griffin Police Department said. Mixon is Bowman’s 28-year-old girlfriend, according to Channel 2.

Officer Kevin Jordan was on the ground trying to restrain Mixon when police say Bowman “maliciously shot” him multiple times in the back, Richardson said.

Raymond Jordan was in the parking lot when the gunfire erupted and grabbed his own gun, Richardson said. A civilian, he had a permit to carry a gun and was at the restaurant to visit his brother, who often worked there on weekends, police said. Raymond Jordan was not charged Saturday in Bowman’s shooting, and police offered no explanation.

Bowman and Mixon were charged with felony murder in Officer Kevin Jordan’s shooting death. Authorities also charged Mixon with felony obstruction. She made her first court appearance Sunday and was denied bond, Channel 2 reported. A third suspect, 23-year-old Tyler Taylor, was charged with disorderly conduct. It was not immediately clear if the three suspects hired attorneys, and several calls to their relatives went unanswered.

Darlene Buhlinger, Bowman’s aunt, did speak to Channel 2. She said she was in “disbelief” about what happened. She told the television station that her nephew had a permit to carry a gun but never thought he was capable of shooting anyone.
    “That’s somebody’s son, daddy,” she said. “I mean I don’t even know what to feel. I’m so sorry for that family.”

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is now probing the shooting. The Griffin Police Department has asked the public to pray for Officer Kevin Jordan’s family, who will have to make funeral arrangements just as they were preparing to celebrate the upcoming high school graduation of one of his seven children.

“We are deeply saddened by these events and send our condolences to the family of Officer Jordan,” the department said in a statement. “We request that you keep the Jordan family in your prayers and thoughts as well as our local law enforcement community. Officer Jordan will be greatly missed.”

Funeral arrangements for Jordan will be announced Monday.

Screw this stupid redneck:

https://www.facebook.com/mdbowman2/about
    Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 06-02-2014, 12:11 PM.

RIP Officer Jordan; Prayers for your family and department. This is a tragic incident and should never have happened.

That having been said, the quoted article was one of the worst I have ever attempted to read and comprehend. It is sketchy; all over the place. I've graded better term freshman papers.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Carbon...
      What's your agenda? This is the second CCW reference you posted in three days! Are you digging this stuff up to make a point? If so, please enlighten me.
      Ski

Comment

Originally posted by codemanski View Post
        Carbon...
        What's your agenda? This is the second CCW reference you posted in three days! Are you digging this stuff up to make a point? If so, please enlighten me.
        Ski
        My agenda is that ignorant people doing ignorant things keep making me angry.

I'm certainly not opposed to firearm carry rights, but I'm vehemently opposed to firearm idiocy.

These morons give the rest of us a bad name, and I despise them for it.

On top of possessing a CCW, this idiot was in the National Guard. He's disgraced CCW holders, National Guardsmen, and just plain good hearted people in general.

I wish that he had died at the scene, died before the incident, or never been born at all. His existence is now nothing more than a plight against humanity.
        Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 06-02-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
          My agenda is that ignorant people doing ignorant things keep making me angry.

I'm certainly not opposed to firearm carry rights, but I'm vehemently opposed to firearm idiocy.

On top of possessing a CCW, this idiot was in the National Guard. He's disgraced CCW holders, National Guardsmen, and just plain good hearted people in general.

I wish that he had died at the scene, died before the incident, or never been born at all. His existence is now nothing more than a plight against humanity.
          He is what he is...an idiot. I don't see where he's giving anyone a "bad-name". I'm beginning to wonder if you're not taking this CCW stuff a bit too personally? Do you think there isn't more violence from non-permit holders? My guess is if this guy wanted to hurt the officer he would have found a way to do it...CCW or no CCW. It's fine to make a point, but don't let the "point" consume you! Just sayin'...
          Ski

Comment

A significant majority of violence is perpetuated by non-permit holders. When TX conducted a study, they found CC holders 13 times less likely to commit violent crimes than unlicensed citizens.

http://www.txchia.org/sturdevant2000.htm

Don't worry, I hate the unlicensed individuals who attack the innocent just as much.

Comment

Raymond Jordan, the brother of the slain officer, also had a concealed-carry permit and WAS NOT CHARGED in shooting the racist POS who had just deliberately executed his own brother right in front of him. I am very surprised that his pistol did not have an empty magazine.

Sure, the perp may have had a carry permit (and would have likely done the evil deed without one); but the cop's brother (seemingly a 'good guy' here) also had a carry permit. It is possible that either 'side' of the gun issue could spin this story with little effort. :-/

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                Everything and everyone has it's share of bad apples. When you find a profession full of perfect people we'd all like to know about it.

Comment

Well RIP to the officer. My heart goes out to the family.

Carbon

Ironic how one ccw stopped another ccw, who happened to use his firearm in a negative manner.

I also believe just about every one of your posts in recent time is a miss.
                  Last edited by NYCTNT; 06-07-2014, 07:07 AM.
                  Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                    RIP Brother.

It's nice to hear that the cop's brother at least got rounds on the turd. I would like to let that racist POS know that black cop was more of a brother to me than you ever could be.
                    This +1
                    Last edited by RCKoutWurGLKout; 06-09-2014, 12:09 PM. Reason: changed the quote

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6427 users online. 368 members and 6059 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X