Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Fort Bend County Police Shooting (NSFW)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
    IMO it was a good shoot.

On a side note, Whose camera was recording this? Kinda looks like the family set the camera up in hopes they can catch the Police using force and sue.
    That's exactly what happened. The family placed the camera shortly before deputies arrived. Now they are filing a wrongful death suit. In addition, they failed to release the video during the investigation of the shooting and waited until it was concluded to be a justified shooting.
    "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

That was truly a textbook "no win" situation.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by Miller11x View Post
        Don't read the comments....
        Too late, reminds me how many idiots are out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller11x View Post
          Don't read the comments....
          Some of the comments make sense.

So you gotta ask yourself who was taping and why. It certainly wasn't the COPs. It appears to me that the COPs were set up for failure in a no-win situation. Intervene and be accused of causing the deadly force situation, or don't intervene and be accused of failing to act and allowing this guy to harm himself or potentially others. Let's tape it, and either way file a wrongful death lawsuit and make the deep pockets of the municipality pay.

Comment

suicide by cop. Guy knew he wanted to die and didnt have the balls to do it himself. Im sorry that our brother had to be the one to do it and PHUK that guys family for suing.
            "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Good job by the Deputies. My only thing is at the end it seemed like he was the only one engaging the suspect, (Officer safety issue) The other Deputies might have been dealing with keeping the family away.

Edit: Just re watched the vid. SGT was right there.
              Last edited by lakings10; 06-09-2014, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Sucks for the cops...Had a similar situation in my FT phase. We had more room to react as we were outside on a deck and the taser use allowed us to disarm the subject without having to go lethal force.

Don't know how the initial call came out in the video, but ours was suicidal subject who held the knife to himself. Only thing we did differently was our scene/interaction with the subject was a lot calmer. Not MMQB'ing, just pointing out the difference.

I hate responding to suicide threats...

Glad the deceased's loved ones cared so much about his well-being that instead of disarming the man themselves they recorded the police interaction so that they could possibly get a payout.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4129 users online. 257 members and 3872 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X