Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Fort Bend County Police Shooting (NSFW)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Fort Bend County Police Shooting (NSFW)

NSFW -- Graphic

Tense stand off. Looks like the officers did the best they could. They gave him every opportunity to drop the knife.
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr

My next move would be to whup that Sergeant's *** for not utilizing his Taser. He had multiple opportunities to do so, and basically just stood there and watched. He even had it in his hand early on, and re-holstered it.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
    "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

First taser was deployed at 2:16, you can also see the wires later, a second deployment was at 2:46. The second one knocked the guy down and he received several additional shocks from it until about the 4:00 mark. The officer was doing pretty good with at least trying to calm the guy down until the charge at 5:10. (You can see the subject pulling the wires out just before the charge)

I can think of things I might have done differently (I probably never would have gone into the bathroom) but overall it was handled about as well as it could have been.

Comment

Props to the officer for clear directions and attempting to de-escalate with calm instructions. The suspect had lots of time to consider his actions and change this outcome. It seems he wanted to die.

Comment

Originally posted by cajunguy View Post
          My next move would be to whup that Sergeant's *** for not utilizing his Taser.
          What video are you watching?

They used a taser multiple times.

In any case, there is at least one department here that has a policy AGAINST utilizing less-lethal force vs deadly force.

overall it was handled about as well as it could have been.
          This.
          Last edited by tanksoldier; 06-01-2014, 03:23 PM.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Suicide by cop. At 2:49 is when the officer says: "drop the knife". At that point, the suicide-by-cop process is started by the suspect. The officers say "drop the knife" (or similar) another 53 times after that. Then the suspect charges with the knife. That's body language for "kill me".
            https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Originally posted by cajunguy View Post
              My next move would be to whup that Sergeant's *** for not utilizing his Taser. He had multiple opportunities to do so, and basically just stood there and watched. He even had it in his hand early on, and re-holstered it.

He was using the taser. The prongs were still in the suspect, you can see the wires hanging out of the taser. The Sgt kept pulling the trigger on the taser delivering the shock to the suspect.

Good job by the officers.

Comment

Shoulda had my glasses on when I watched it, I guess. I totally missed that.

How do you say "tunnel vision"? My focus was on the officer that ended up taking the shots.

My bad. (And my apologies to the Sergeant.)

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Don't read the comments....

Comment

That's tough. I think they did about as well as a patrol officer could do.

The only other options I see would be LL Shotgun, which may have still had little to no effect. Or call SWAT. Perhaps tear gas and flashbangs could have disoriented him enough to get the knife away from him, but even that is "iffy".

I do realize that SWAT and LL Shotgun may not have been available to them.

I commend the officers for their efforts. You can absolutely see the immediate pain the officer feels when he had to shoot him. That's a sh*tty, sh*tty night! Glad no officers were hurt.

Comment

Meh, what happened is what happened. I wonder why clearing the house of all others and setting up a perimeter and handling it like a barricaded subject wasn't done?

If you can get negotiators and SWAT guys there the chances go down that you are going to have to kill the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                        I'm not sure what would make us (SWAT) gas him inside the bathroom. We use gas for area denial inside a structure and then to bring them out. In this case, I believe it was best to keep him contained in the bathroom.

LL shotgun inside a house=
                        Hmm.. yeah close range.

Maybe just evacuate the house and tell them to return the next morning and see if he's in a better mood?

Comment

Originally posted by Long Relief View Post
                          Meh, what happened is what happened. I wonder why clearing the house of all others and setting up a perimeter and handling it like a barricaded subject wasn't done?

If you can get negotiators and SWAT guys there the chances go down that you are going to have to kill the guy.
                          Couldn't be done here. Two officers on shift, SWAT team 1-2 hours away after a mutual aid request is put out...
                          Originally posted by Ceridwen
                          Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

IMO it was a good shoot.

On a side note, Whose camera was recording this? Kinda looks like the family set the camera up in hopes they can catch the Police using force and sue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
                              IMO it was a good shoot.

On a side note, Whose camera was recording this? Kinda looks like the family set the camera up in hopes they can catch the Police using force and sue.
                              That was my first thought - who is recording this?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4006 users online. 249 members and 3757 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X