• Mrs. Fish
    replied
    Jeff,

YOU ARE SUCH A SILLY BOY.!!!

=)

Leave a comment:

• CinaC
    replied
    I want to mount one of those rocket launchers from a Vietnam-era Cobra on my Jeep, and saturate the circle with high-explosives so I can cross in peace.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Burnes
    replied
    Screw traffic circles too! (&^%))^^())^$^$ !

Leave a comment:

• Shannon34
    replied
    You got it Mortal! It's every person for themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Wonga
    replied
    As a European who's grown up using roundabouts it still amazes me some of the manoeuvers I see on a daily basis.Good if you're a traffic cop [Wink] frustrating and downright crazy at all times.

SigMan , the principle is to use the outside lane if you're going straight ahead or any number of earlier turns.If you're making the equivalent of a right turn(GB/Euro) or left turn(US)the trick is to get into the inside lane and indicate and peel off the inside as soon as you pass the turn immediately before your exit.

The plan - subject to an amount of variations equal to the number of crazy/cr*p drivers in the vicinity - is that if you're in the outside lane you don't impede vehicles entering/exiting who'll pull in behind on the outside, or across your rear end to the inside.If you're in the inside lane trying to exit you'll only cross paths with vehicles on the outside lane as you exit.

I know it sounds very convoluted but thankfully it's easier to do than explain - well most of the time.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Shouldn't the people in the inner lane do the same thing they would do on the freeway, gradually blend into the outer lane and then exit? That can't be right. It's too obvious.

Leave a comment:

• MK219
    replied
    Shannon34, Rotary= road rage!

Leave a comment:

• Shannon34
    replied
    Come to Massachusetts and enjoy all our traffic circles. Ugh!!! It is every man for himself. A free for all with people bumping into you and flipping you the bird and blowing horns. There is one in my town where a little news paper shop sits...you can guarantee at least once a year a truck taking it out and the poor man has to rebuild.
    The huge one going on to Cape Cod is a doozy and keeps LEO's busy constantly.
    Shan

Leave a comment:

• edgar
    replied
    I feel for you Crazy the circle in Towson is wild. As Im sure you know Columbia now seems to have a million circles. I go through one every day on the way home and have given up counting how many times I almost have been hit. Why can people not follow the lines???? The markers on the outside lane go around the circle and out onto one of the side streets but it never fails people drive along the outside lane and zoom right across the solid line and into the inner circle lane to go to the exit onto 29, GRRRRR follow the lines!

[ 09-11-2002, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: edgar ]

Leave a comment:

• Mitzi
    replied
    I have never been in a traffic circle.....But if I am, you will know it's me because I'd be driving in a circle all day til I ran of gas cause I probably couldn't figure out how to get out of it.
    It's bad enough when I pick my son up from work. People enter the Interstate, merging. I have to get two lanes over, where they are merging and they have to usually get 4 lanes over to continue the Interstate.
    It's a nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• MK219
    replied
    Sig you're right!
    Mass. is #1 in the country that has rounabouts. but we call them @#$%^ in the @#$ or Rotaries.
    There is very few towns or city that doesn't have them. In my city alone there is 2.
    Even though as there are rules as SIG pointed out, during rush hour its every man for himself! ( road rage, Yeah, we got that.)

Leave a comment:

• Mike Tx
    replied
    I thought it was a new Mel Gibsom movie.

Leave a comment:

• Bill R
    replied
    I remember being a young new driver in Richmond Virginia there were a couple traffic circles that intimidated me. They weren't ANYHTING compared what they are like in Mexico. The Mexicans seem to love traffic circles they're everywhere and they are good for a major pucker factor.

Leave a comment:

• Evnings
    replied
    I hate traffic circles. I think that the traffic engineer that came up with this mess should have to drive in for eternity.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I remember a few traffic circles in MA out on Cape Cod.

I remember going to Cp Edwards for training in a military convoy.

I remember how people played games on the circles with the Deuces towing Water Buffalos. [Wink]

I remember seeing what happens when a Volvo (they weren't called "soccer moms" back then) argued with one of those.

I remember thinking there were not obvious rules of the road in a circle, because the people, locals included, didn't follow any discernable pattern I could see.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3779 users online. 229 members and 3550 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X