Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come to Massachusetts and enjoy all our traffic circles. Ugh!!! It is every man for himself. A free for all with people bumping into you and flipping you the bird and blowing horns. There is one in my town where a little news paper shop sits...you can guarantee at least once a year a truck taking it out and the poor man has to rebuild.
    The huge one going on to Cape Cod is a doozy and keeps LEO's busy constantly.
    Shan

Comment

Shannon34, Rotary= road rage!

Comment

Shouldn't the people in the inner lane do the same thing they would do on the freeway, gradually blend into the outer lane and then exit? That can't be right. It's too obvious.

Comment

As a European who's grown up using roundabouts it still amazes me some of the manoeuvers I see on a daily basis.Good if you're a traffic cop [Wink] frustrating and downright crazy at all times.

SigMan , the principle is to use the outside lane if you're going straight ahead or any number of earlier turns.If you're making the equivalent of a right turn(GB/Euro) or left turn(US)the trick is to get into the inside lane and indicate and peel off the inside as soon as you pass the turn immediately before your exit.

The plan - subject to an amount of variations equal to the number of crazy/cr*p drivers in the vicinity - is that if you're in the outside lane you don't impede vehicles entering/exiting who'll pull in behind on the outside, or across your rear end to the inside.If you're in the inside lane trying to exit you'll only cross paths with vehicles on the outside lane as you exit.

I know it sounds very convoluted but thankfully it's easier to do than explain - well most of the time.
          Right , you can have it!

Comment

You got it Mortal! It's every person for themselves.

Comment

Screw traffic circles too! (&^%))^^())^$^$ !

Comment

I want to mount one of those rocket launchers from a Vietnam-era Cobra on my Jeep, and saturate the circle with high-explosives so I can cross in peace.

Comment

Jeff,

YOU ARE SUCH A SILLY BOY.!!!

=)
                  "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6378 users online. 363 members and 6015 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X