300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Recreational Marijuana

Now that recreational use is legal in a couple of states, I'm wondering if any local cops from those states are now going where they have never gone before ... (now smoking weed).
    I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
    Now that recreational use is legal in a couple of states, I'm wondering if any local cops from those states are now going where they have never gone before ... (now smoking weed).
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious. Hopefully it is just a joke and attempt at sarcasm, because if it is a serious question, then it's in poor taste, and offensive to me as a cop.

Marijuana is still illegal federally, any cop that breaks the law will be disciplined and more than likely fired.

Comment

I drink because it's legal.

Someday, when they legalize weed... I'll smoke too.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
        Personally I think that some have already gone there before it became legal.
        Retired

Comment

The answer would be no.

However, I had a couple of friends (one LEO; one Army) who almost ate some unlabeled brownies that were available in a public place, but then thought better about it. Yes, they turned out to be "special" brownies. It makes me wonder about members of the military who may legitimately unknowingly consume marijuana products and then test positive on a random drug test.
          "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyVet View Post
            The answer would be no.

However, I had a couple of friends (one LEO; one Army) who almost ate some unlabeled brownies that were available in a public place, but then thought better about it. Yes, they turned out to be "special" brownies. It makes me wonder about members of the military who may legitimately unknowingly consume marijuana products and then test positive on a random drug test.
            The DOD drills this point home time and time again. Members MAY NOT consume any product they know or should reasonably know to contain a prohibited substance. This is where a degree of common sense must be exercised- if you are on leave and find yourself at a festival where "special" brownies are being sold at 5x the price of what you would find elsewhere, I would say keep your hands off.

As for positive results- there is often more to the final action when it comes to coming up hot on a random.
            Originally posted by SSD
            It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
            Originally posted by Iowa #1603
            And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Never have before and wont later

Comment

What the law says & what the employer says are two totally different things (even here in Washington).

I'm subject to drug testing in my position, so obviously I won't be partaking. But even if my employer allowed for it I still wouldn't smoke it (or anything else). For the same reason I don't need to stick my hand on a hot stove to find out what it feels like...
                This Space For Rent

Comment

Easier to find someone high on pot to stick their hand in the oven to see how warm it is.

Comment

Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 05-27-2014, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
                      The DOD drills this point home time and time again. Members MAY NOT consume any product they know or should reasonably know to contain a prohibited substance. This is where a degree of common sense must be exercised- if you are on leave and find yourself at a festival where "special" brownies are being sold at 5x the price of what you would find elsewhere, I would say keep your hands off.

As for positive results- there is often more to the final action when it comes to coming up hot on a random.
                      Yes. No one in the military should think it's okay to consume marijuana, even in states where it's legal. However, after the story my friends told me (free brownies at a bar), it made me think of the time I accepted a delicious cupcake that was offered by the next table over without a thought. I could also see a situation where some of the younger Soldiers lacking life experience (and often common sense) get offered a product from a non-military friend and the friend saying "I thought you knew." With the Army downsizing, you're pretty much done if you come up hot. At least what I have seen. In states where marijuana is legal, you have to be much more careful regarding the source of any food product.
                      "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post
                        I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious. Hopefully it is just a joke and attempt at sarcasm, because if it is a serious question, then it's in poor taste, and offensive to me as a cop.

Marijuana is still illegal federally, any cop that breaks the law will be disciplined and more than likely fired.
                        Beachcop, it's actually serious and I'm sorry if it's offensive to honorable cops such as yourself.

During my career, I've seen cops do many offensive things, many you no doubt read in the newspaper or seen on TV. The overwhelming majority of us have not and will not do anything illegal. Nor will we compromise our values.

I have also seen "progressive" police chiefs who run their depts in ways that make me shudder. Humor me. A (fictional) police chief in a left leaning Washington or Colorado city decides that since recreation marijuana is legal in his state, he will allow his officers to use it in conformity with state law. He, like some extreme right chiefs/sheriffs, reject the notion that the federal govt can meddle in state affairs. If that sounds far fetched to you, then why did legislators in Washington and Colorado apparently take that approach in legalizing the use of a substance that is prohibited by federal law?
                        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

I love how some people get their panties in a wad over weed like it's any worse than alcohol.
                          "Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
                          Watch your words, for they become actions.
                          Watch your actions, for they become habits.
                          Watch your habits, for they become character.
                          Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

They say they're going to repeal Prohibition. What will you do then?

"I think I'll have a drink. "

-Eliot Ness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliot_Ness

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish56 View Post
                              I love how some people get their panties in a wad over weed like it's any worse than alcohol.
                              And I love it when people try comparing weed to alcohol and have no idea wth they're talking about.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5883 users online. 346 members and 5537 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X