300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle

I am assuming when it says "take home vehicle" in the job description that doesn't include any personal use. Only for commuting to and from work. Is that probably correct?

Correct in the great majority of cases. Policies can and do vary from agency to agency though.

Comment

The agency next to mine issues take home Tahoes to all their officers that live within their city limits and they're authorized to drive it anywhere in the city personal or business. Promotes more of an officer presence.
      Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Originally posted by Rush817 View Post
        The agency next to mine issues take home Tahoes to all their officers that live within their city limits and they're authorized to drive it anywhere in the city personal or business. Promotes more of an officer presence.
        We also have unlimited personal use of our take-home squads (not Tahoes though) within the county.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Originally posted by lcg0207 View Post
          Is that probably correct?
          Not necessarily correct.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Back in my younger days of large apartment complex life, I was happy to see them offer discounts to LEO for driving home their vehicles and leaving them parked throughout the complex. Help us feel safer and cut the LEO a well-deserved break.

And best of all the basement dwellers had to STFU since it isn't a free handout.
            "Snort-laughter is the best medicine"
            ----- Mussel Bound

Don't forget to laugh today. The more implausible it seems, the more you need to.

Comment

With my U/C take home car we were encouraged to drive it in case we got called out we didn't need to go home first.(The car was loaded with everything I needed.) Couldn't drive it more than 60 miles away from the office unless on assignment.

Comment

Many agencies allow personal use.

I know at least one agency requires you to log in as "off duty". In extreme emergencies you can be dispatched.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by lcg0207 View Post
                  I am assuming when it says "take home vehicle" in the job description that doesn't include any personal use. Only for commuting to and from work. Is that probably correct?
                  Depends on the area and/or department policy.

Also be aware that in certain areas, that take home car makes your home and family a target if it is parked in the driveway.

One of many many reasons you do not see marked cars in driveways in the LA area,,,it is also strictly against policy to do so here....take homes also do not exist for the most part here except for those assigned to specialized units, and then they shall only be used for duty related reasons.
                  The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Our policy is that we can drive the take home as long as we are doing something remotely work related ie going to the gym, medical appointments, banking, etc.
                    In God We Trust
                    Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Local part time deputy is told to drive the county car all the time just to give the appearance of police presence.

Comment

Our take-homes can't be used for personal use. You can use them on a part-time gig only if you are a specialized unit which may be subject to a call-out.

Comment

Decades ago, when Chesterfield County, Va's P.D. was known as the most invisible P.D. in the state because all of their cars were unmarked, all were take-home, and they were allowed, if I'm not mistaken, liberal personal use with-in the county, up to and including dropping kids off at school.

C.P.D. still has Take-home cars (Marked now, and in fact, they just went with new graphics on all new cars), though the policy, I'm pretty sure, is a scosh more restrictive.

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                            We also have unlimited personal use of our take-home squads (not Tahoes though) within the county.

Same here.
                            John 3:16

Comment

Here its basically if you have been thru FTO and have a job that requires a car,IE Patrol,Mental,Transport.
                              Its not for personal use.But it also means your on call 24/7 also if needed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2937 users online. 176 members and 2761 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X