Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does your department show off its Dod DLA 1033 program stuff?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does your department show off its Dod DLA 1033 program stuff?

The Dod DLA 1033 reutilization program started in 1972 and I remember the first cell phone I ever had in LE was one of those 'suitcase' jobs that we got from the 1033 program. Over the years we picked up vehicles, BDU's, web gear, helmets, rifles (M14 & M16), and tons of conex boxes and other stuff.

What kind of stuff has your agency picked up and do you have a chief/sheriff who likes to swag it for the cameras???

I'm as 'limited gummit' as a person can be but articles like this crap from Alex Jones just makes my blood boil. I think the the comments from the chief are severely dimwitted, but still......after reading the articles and comments!! JC!!!

http://www.infowars.com/police-now-a...ning-veterans/

I know there are political hacks in admin but I'd say 30-50% of LEO is ex-military. WTF?
    Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
    ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Damn, I know you are supposed to move the EOTech forward, but not that far forward
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

We have picked up 3 HMMWVs and general equipment (mostly natural disaster prep stuff since we are in tornado alley).

When a citizen asks me about the usefulness of the HMMWVs I tell them this: If I am on scene at a grass fire and tear the front end out of my tahoe while driving across a field, the county/citizens pays the repair bill. If I am in a HMMWV and I tear the front end out of it, I turn it in and requisition a new one. The HMMWVs help keep our tahoes in good shape and save on tahoe repairs. It is better to put the wear/tear on a free vehicle vs a vehicle that the county taxpayers are footing the bill for. After explaining it that way, 99% have agreed that the HMMWVs are a good idea for the county.

The situation is the same for inclement weather (snow storms for example).

As for showing off the equipment, we usually run the HMMWVs in the local parades.
      Last edited by Maverick1701; 05-20-2014, 11:07 AM.
      Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

Back in the 90's it was all BDU's and useless FLAK jackets.
        The 2000's we got Helmets and vehicles.
        Lately we are getting old gen 3 night vision, all kinds of vehicles available, generators, and all sorts of personnel equipment- the end of war in the Mid East is bringing a bounty of surplus.
        SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
        SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

^^Teehee. Yeah, man there was some nasty crapolla back when we started using the DLA. But we still got some great stuff for the jail like medical beds and misc stuff that saved the county nearly 50k. Hell, we almost picked up a ful x-ray machine and then thought better of it. During my career I bet I picked up two dozon conex boxes for the various ranges and storage facilities.

The MRAP that's talked about in the article costs 500-600k when new and their swat may not use it in ten years but when it is needed it'll be great for them. The tards in the article try and make it out that the police state is around the corner and tries to vilify the whole thing. ******es me off! Twisting shiite around.

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
          “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

"I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Comment

I couldn't get past the ludicrously biased, sensationalist, misleading headlines all over the main page. Putting slop out as if it's factual and objective is just obscene, especially under the guise of being information.

This is nothing but trolling taken to the extreme; the only goal is to bait people and further divide us, not to wake up the country and effect positive change.
            Last edited by MargeGunderson; 05-20-2014, 06:40 PM. Reason: fixing a Steve-ism. (we love ya, Steve!)
            "Snort-laughter is the best medicine"
            ----- Mussel Bound

Don't forget to laugh today. The more implausible it seems, the more you need to.

Comment

You know what really surprises me, is that even some police officers object to what I've heard termed as a 'military look" for officers.
              If you are all about "the look", then you need to GTFO now. The "look" has more to do with safety, efficiency, and practicality in performing certain duties.
              Yes it would be nice to go back to the (fictional) days of Mayberry, and all wear a pretty class "A", but those days are long gone.
              And yes, some officers are all into the "look" for the "look"- and they need to get adjusted.

The rest of us just want to be safe.
              SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
              SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                ............ but I do get annoyed when teams request and get an MRAP just because they can and it's sexy when that same MRAP now doesn't go to a team that could really use it....
                I totally get that. The assessment you did is exactly how the system should work in a perfect world. Practical/useful or not practical/useful based upon conditions on the ground.

Also, the chief swag'n it for the cameras was horse manure, too. But then I never really saw much other use for admin anyhow.

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3460 users online. 205 members and 3255 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X