300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holder Seeks To Prove Cops, Courts Racist

In the ongoing effort to change America, and since they've got everthing under control the AG has some free time on his hands so....

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...ter.htm?p=full
    Racial Politics: Attorney General Eric Holder thinks the "overrepresentation" of blacks in jails somehow proves that cops and judges are racist. So he's collecting arrest data to lord over mayors.

Usually when an agency collects data, it waits to study the results before reaching conclusions. Not this Justice Department. It's gathering data to fit a preconceived notion that the criminal justice system is out to get young men of color.

Holder announced Monday that he's gathering records on police stops, searches and arrests to "curb racial bias" within big city police departments. He didn't say "possible" bias. He's convinced cops are targeting blacks.

Holder hopes the discrimination databases will cow police chiefs into reducing "racial disparities" in arrests. The goal of this policy, just like his anti-school discipline policy, is to coerce racial quotas for criminals.

The message to local officials is clear: Get your numbers right, or else.

"The overrepresentation of young men of color in our criminal justice system is a problem" and "an issue of fundamental fairness," Holder said. "Racial disparities contribute to tension in our nation generally and within communities of color specifically."

He says it's not "fair" that black men are arrested at six times the rate of white men. So with the help of the Rev. Al Sharpton, he has launched a $5 million program to investigate racial bias in five cities.

His prosecutors, in turn, will coordinate efforts to "implement and test strategies focused on procedural justice (fairness of outcomes), implicit bias (unconscious attitudes about race) and racial reconciliation (correcting historic discrimination)."

Sounds a lot like affirmative-action policing.

At the same time, Holder seeks to reduce the number of blacks already in federal prisons by setting aside sentences for drug offenders.

Holder says he wants "fairness and proportionality" in the prison population. Again, sounds a lot like race quotas.

By misdiagnosing the black crime problem and easing arrests, Holder could end up hurting law-abiding African-Americans, who are disproportionately likely to be the victims of black crime.

The reason a disproportionate rate of black men are in prison is because a disproportionate number of criminals are black men. Even liberal social scientists concede racial bias doesn't explain the prison gap.

"Blacks are not singled out for stricter or more frequent prosecution, nor do they receive longer sentences once criminal history and other sentencing factors are taken into account," University of Pennsylvania Law School professor Amy L. Wax has written.

She and other scholars cite Justice Department findings that "factors other than racial discrimination in the sentencing process account for most of the disproportionate representation of black males in U.S. prisons." Perhaps Holder should read his own reports.

But that's too much to expect from a racial demagogue. It's easier for him to blame historical racism for the growing epidemic of black crime than it is to admit the obvious cause of this social malaise: fatherless black households.

New federal data show that a tragic seven in 10 African Americans are born out of wedlock.

"It is hard to raise children — especially little boys — in environments already filled with drugs and crime in homes that have no father," the Center for Equal Opportunity's Roger Clegg said. "They grow up, and they make bad, irresponsible, criminal choices."

But rather than own up to these unpleasant facts, our attorney general chooses to scapegoat cops.

Ducking the real issue may please racial arsonists like Sharpton, who is getting alarmingly cozy with this administration, but in the long run it just means the real problems plaguing the black community will go unaddressed.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...#ixzz30I5kcfGn
    Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

This is an ideological battle. Blacks are over-represented in prison because - the answer depends on your ideology. Holder believes it must be racism in the criminal justice system. I believe that Ann Coulter has the right idea in this insightful article:

"So while it’s fascinating that Moynihan concluded that slavery was awful (I think we knew that!), O’Reilly is absolutely right that it’s illegitimacy driving the black crime rate."

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/08/0...ence-odonnell/
    https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Holder? Obama? Geez, why am I not surprised. Let's not forget that it was these two stalwarts who led the virtual lynch mob in the Zimmerman trial. This in partnership with those other two icons of racial harmony, Jessie, Al, and the "Traveling Road Show".

Holder is a walking violation of the Clean Air Act. If there's one thing positive about him, it's the fact that he's the living example of what any parent, regardless of race, would want their child NOT to be.

Past that, he's an intolerant racist, incompetent POS. That's on a good day.

Comment

He needs to be arrested.

Comment

Random thought.

If Police only target minorities, then how do you explain the incredibly low Asian incarceration rate???

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
            Holder? Obama? Geez, why am I not surprised. Let's not forget that it was these two stalwarts who led the virtual lynch mob in the Zimmerman trial. This in partnership with those other two icons of racial harmony, Jessie, Al, and the "Traveling Road Show".

Holder is a walking violation of the Clean Air Act. If there's one thing positive about him, it's the fact that he's the living example of what any parent, regardless of race, would want their child NOT to be.

Past that, he's an intolerant racist, incompetent POS. That's on a good day.
            Phil, as you well know, some people are just born to be agitators and Holder's just one in a long line of them. One of those holdouts from the '60s.
            It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Sorry Sir, I can't arrest that guy who shot you while burglarizing your house because we can only arrest blacks on Tues/Thurs, whites on Mon, Wed and Fri and all other races on Sat, Sun and every 3rd Wednesday! SMDH!!!!
              Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

This is so God da*n stupid, it's not even funny.

Although, it's no surprise coming from this administration, which includes some of the worst criminals to date.
                Originally posted by RSGSRT
                We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Odd how they're focusing on police and courts, and not juries.

I always thought it was a bad idea to have 12 arbitrarily picked unemployed people make incredibly important decisions.

Comment

If racial group X are arrested or incarcerated at a higher rate than racial groups Y and Z then then I would conclude that it's because more people in racial group X are committing offences. Rather than jumping up and down about racism it would be nice if politicians and community leaders bit the bullet and simply asked: "why are people in group X committing more offences per person than Y and Z?".

Even if a racist police officer arrests a minority offender he still needs to have sufficient evidence beyond all reasonable doubt to get them convicted. Just being from a particular racial group isn't going to cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulgrave600 View Post
                      If racial group X are arrested or incarcerated at a higher rate than racial groups Y and Z then then I would conclude that it's because more people in racial group X are committing offences. Rather than jumping up and down about racism it would be nice if politicians and community leaders bit the bullet and simply asked: "why are people in group X committing more offences per person than Y and Z?".

Even if a racist police officer arrests a minority offender he still needs to have sufficient evidence beyond all reasonable doubt to get them convicted. Just being from a particular racial group isn't going to cut it.
                      Take it one step further. In the low income/high crime neighborhoods, which are predominantly populated by non-white persons (my family was one of the only white families in the projects where I grew up), you have various people, city leaders, politicians, etc. calling for "stepped up enforcement measures" to lower the crime rate. From a purely mathematical standpoint, you are likely to arrest a majority percentage of non-white people. Now I ask, is that racist? I'm sure our beloved AG would call it that way. But hey would have no problem accepting as a fact that you are going to arrest predominantly white people in a trailer park, cause that's the majority of the population.

Eric Holder's inspiration for how to run LE:

Last edited by JustAJ; 04-30-2014, 08:54 AM.

Comment

We have the same issue here. About six or seven years ago there was a significant probelm with armed robberies and other offences being committed in a small public housing estate in Melbourne. The offenders were identified as being of African appearance. An operation was created to try and clamp down on the robberies. The op order made specific mention of racial appearance of the offenders.

A civil suit was filed against Victoria Police and certain sections of the media cried racial profiling. The lawsuit was settled. We are now in the midst of a major review of community relations (only the African and Aboriginal communities though) and the way searches are conducted and recorded.

I don't understand how there can be a push for 'intelligence-led' policing and focusing on local issues only for that all to blow up in our faces when uncomfortable facts come to light as a result.

In my state Pacific Islanders and Africans are overrepresented in offender statistics. Rather than accusing courts and police of racism it would be a lot more productive for these communities to ask themselves why this is the case.

Comment

You are all just racist, bigoted thugs. It would not surprise me at all to find out that if you are not all in the 1% then you are close. Shame on you for calling into question our wonderful Attorney General and our Dear Leader. You should all be taken out and shot....um er you should all have a class in sensitivity, ya that's it.

Okay you got me. That was about all the liberal BS I could muster. What you are not understanding is that even if a black man/teenager/ute were to break into someone's home and shoot them in cold blood in the eyes of Holder and Obama it is not entirely their fault. It is the rich and not only the rich but, the rich white Americans that caused this poor black youth to do what he did. Probably even more than that it is all of white America that is responsible for his actions. The rich prevented him from getting a job because the money they greedily steal from the market could have gone to this poor black person or his mother and that is the reason why he did what he did. No matter what the real facts are of the reason(s) the minority did what he did it doesn't matter because someone else caused him to do it. That is the liberal thinking, whether it is from race baiters like Al and Jesse or the guilt ridden white liberals that sit at home wringing their hands thinking that because they have a roof over their head they have an unfair advantage over minorities.

Face it, in the eyes of SOME out there, if you are white then you are wrong. I am not going to go as far as to say that the whole of the African American community thinks like this but, I would venture a guess to say that the ones that voted for Obama lean this way. The ones that don't or vote Republican are called "Uncle Toms" by the liberal black community because they are not supporting the cause.
                          Last edited by IAM Rand; 04-30-2014, 09:18 AM.
                          Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Please don't take any of my above rant to think that I am a racist because I am not and the people who know me know that I am not. I am just tired of the liberals out there thinking I am because I am white. I guess Jesse and Al would say turn about is fair play.
                            Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post

Face it, in the eyes of SOME out there, if you are white then you are wrong.
                              There are some whites out there that feel this way.
                              Last edited by Rudy8116; 04-30-2014, 01:33 PM.
                              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4499 users online. 287 members and 4212 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X