Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to end your career and get sued in under 30 seconds

The Sheriff canned him immediately:

Sheriff Jimmy “J.J.” Jones tonight fired an officer who was photographed using excessive force on a man during an incident involving University of Tennessee students at a party Saturday night. Officer Frank Phillips, 47, has been with the Knox County Sheriff’s Office since 1992.

Sheriff Jones statement:
    “In my 34 years of law enforcement experience, excessive force has never been tolerated. After an investigation by the Office of Professional Standards, I believe excessive force was used in this incident. Therefore, Officer Phillips’ employment with the Knox County Sheriff’s Office is terminated immediately. The investigation will now be turned over to the Knox County Attorney General’s Office to determine any further action.”

“This incident provides a perfect example of why we are in the process of purchasing officer worn body cameras (video and audio recordings) so incidents like this will be fully documented.”

Twenty-one year old Jarod Dotson, who is seen in custody in the pictures, was charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest. He was released from jail on a $500 bond Sunday morning.

I was gonna say leave a turd on the Chief's car....
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
      I was gonna say leave a turd on the Chief's car....
      On their car would probably take a few days. Now, on their desk...

Comment

Where's the video?
        "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
        I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Viewing this last photo in your series, observing positions and facial expression I initially assumed the officer was terminated for getting an on duty BJ.
          Last edited by sanitizer; 04-28-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

i came here to post this story! I agree I want to see the video! looks to me like the officer is using a pressure point behind the kids left ear. I think the photos make this look way worse than it is. maybe I am wrong. but pictures dont always tell the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnersmate323 View Post
              pictures dont always tell the truth!
              My question is, how much force was applied with that choke-hold? The photos suggest that the cause of the suspect going down is the choke-hold applied by the officer.

How about this possibility: the suspect is resisting arrest, the officer applies the choke-hold with minimal force, as a means of suggesting cooperation; the suspect goes down in an attempt to get away from the choke-hold - not because he is being choked with any force, but in a continuing effort to resist cooperation, also to become a victim on purpose.

[edit]: what if the (light) choke-hold was for persuasion, but the actual muscle effort went downward, to push the drunk suspect downward, to distract him, to make the arrest easier and safer? The photo doesn't show which muscle group is primarily at work.
              Last edited by Max K; 04-28-2014, 04:44 PM.
              https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Makes me wonder why the other two officers aren't making an effort to stop him or verbally utter any "WTFs'". Not to MMQB or anything, but had I been one of the other two and observed excessive force, I'd say something about it.

I would really like to hear the officer's side of the story before passing any judgement.
                Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                  Makes me wonder why the other two officers aren't making an effort to stop him or verbally utter any "WTFs'". Not to MMQB or anything, but had I been one of the other two and observed excessive force, I'd say something about it.

I would really like to hear the officer's side of the story before passing any judgement.
                  I would too. At first glance, it would seem he was in the wrong as evidenced by him no longer having a job, but we all know that some administrators will bow to pressure, even if nothing was ever done wrong.

Comment

I can understand why, the Sheriff's van is clearly parked in a no parking zone.
                    When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post

The other two were placed on administrative leave:

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local...-bust/8307013/

No video footage of this incident appears to have surfaced yet, but there are a few more images in that series:

Comment

How about this well-known image:

There is no way to tell, from the image alone, whether this is some kind of child abuse. The revolver looks strange to me (cylinder no thicker than the barrel). But many people, who have seen the image, have already convicted that woman in their mind.

Those same people see the photos with the choke-hold and convict the officer in their mind, rather than admit to themselves: "we don't know what happened, the photos by themselves are insufficient evidence (of any wrongdoing or misconduct)".
                        https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

The Sheriff stated there was an investigation by the "Internal Affairs" division PRIOR to the officer being terminated.

That is good enough for me................pending appeals.
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I agree he should be fired. Kissing a person being handcuffed and then getting a BJ all while in uniform. Kinky sex on duty is a no no. Off duty, now that is a different story.
                            Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

"I attempted to mitigate resistance from the subject by utilizing pain compliance via the mandibular angle pressure point. At no time did I interrupt the breathing of the subject. The pain compliance technique had the desired effect, and the subject was taken into custody without further incident."

Articulation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5448 users online. 319 members and 5129 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X